Thread: Blend of hair oils for hair growth?

Length
    16/20,5/30
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Default Blend of hair oils for hair growth?

Hi, I’m new! I just had a few questions. So a few years ago I purchased a nice hair oil in Greece that contained nettle oil , bay Laurel oil and Rosemary oil. It actually helped with my hair growth, but sadly I’m running out. I’m thinking about making my own hair oil, with the same ingredients. Do you have any advice? I was planning to use the method where you let your herbs steep for days in a carrier oil, which one do you recommend (for context I have fine, generally oily hair) ?

Thank you all in advance for any help you can give me, and I hope you all have a great day !!

Default Re: Blend of hair oils for hair growth?

Hello! I think it depends on your type of hair. I have wavy/silky hair that tends to get dry more easily than other hair types. I have quite a lengthy haircare regimen. I’ve been using Dabur Vatika hair oil for 5+ years and have loved the improvement and health it’s given to my hair. I use the Vatika coconut, almond, cactus, olive, and blackseed oils plus the Neem oil for once a week hot oil treatments. I’ve experimented with lots of different oil types and have found these ingredients produce the best results for my hair. It's all about experimenting and seeing what works best for your hair, as each of these oils have different benefits. I also use the Vatika lemon hair mask and a few drops of Jamaican castor oil, rose, vitamin E, and cold-pressed coconut oil on designated hairwash days (not hot oil treatment days) for a leave-in, all-day mini treatment before washing it out in the evening. Most of these products I'm found on Amazon and they're all very affordable! Good luck!

Length
    16/20,5/30
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Oh thank you so much for taking time to reply!! I’ll definitely check out what you’ve mentioned!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I think there is some evidence that Rosemary is actually helpful for hair loss, not to the extent that anything medicated can get, YKWIM, but I think just doing that will be great. BTW, always mix essential oils with a carrier oil (almond, olive, coconut, grapeseed, etc. etc.). Never ever use essential oils pure on your scalp! No no!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    16/20,5/30
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Thank you! Are there any oils that work better with an oily scalp? Mine tends to clog quite easily and when it does dandruff starts to appear and the hair is more prone to falling out… (certainly not coconut oil lmao)

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Hmm. Oily scalp. See that's why I don't use extra oil. I have SD (seborrheic dermatitis, so "heavy dandruff") and the yeast that is overgrowing on the head with this condition (yeast that is there in us all) tends to thrive on oil, feeds off of it, and that is why I stopped doing that. Even though I know some oils can be rather nice.

I mean at the start, you want to experiment, try all the things, but some things I have had to give up.

I would go for a lighter carrier like grapeseed. Sweet almond is nice too. Coconut if your hair can stand it. Would not do olive, that can be quite heavy.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

You could perhaps try a hair rinse or a liquid mask instead? Not for growth, but I use nettle, tea, rosemary and lot's of more ingredients in my homemade hair masks.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    You could perhaps try a hair rinse or a liquid mask instead? Not for growth, but I use nettle, tea, rosemary and lot's of more ingredients in my homemade hair masks.
    Rinses are nice. I did rinses for a while. Nettle was a favorite. Camomile (even though it's not "lightening", but it still has benefits).

But everything I had to "make myself" got to be such a chore for me. I can barely get a hairwash in so my time is precious.

Enjoy those first days where you literally want to experiment with "all of it".