Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post your formal hairdos (professional or DIY, wedding-level fanciness)!

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Post your formal hairdos (professional or DIY, wedding-level fanciness)!

Please share photos of your most formal hairstyles. This could be from a wedding, a prom, or anything else that warranted stepping up your hair game. I would love to see photos of your best DIY styles, or anything created by a professional in a salon. Please post a picture, and a few details on how the style was created and how you felt about it.

I'm trying to figure out what to do for my wedding. (Read: stressing out about what to do for my wedding.)

Here's one of my favorite DIY styles that I've posted. I have been scouring my computer archive for the worst salon style ever (homecoming, age 15) but I can't find it. It may have been a print image (gasp) but I'll certainly update it if I find the atrocity, it's hilarious.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Post your formal hairdos (professional or DIY, wedding-level fanciness)!

That is a gorgeous style, OleanderTime! Why not go with that for your wedding?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Post your formal hairdos (professional or DIY, wedding-level fanciness)!

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    That is a gorgeous style, OleanderTime! Why not go with that for your wedding?
    Thank you! Well, it looks soft and romantic from the back, but I don't think it looks that way from the front (of course not, I didn't take a picture!). I want something that is really soft around the face. I wear a bun every day in normal life, and I want to look different on my wedding day. I'll be wearing glasses, and need more face-framing volume. And I don't know how to create that on my own.

Also, I think doing my own hair the day of the wedding will be super stressful. Which is funny because going to a salon is also super stressful. And I've budgeted time to do my best friend's hair.

Your profile/avatar pics are gorgeous!
    I hope you find the perfect style....enjoy the day; it passes so quickly
    We're celebrating 42 years married tomorrow; mine was WL/middle part/tucked behind the ears, and a slight curl to the hemline.
    Not a formal do by any means; then again...that's what we did in 1973;simple!!!

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

My hair for my best friend's wedding:

Updo I've got a tutorial around her somewhere on that's dressy enough for most formal to semi-formal occasions:

Paranda and braided headband updo:

My hair for my wedding:

Length
    waist/clsc/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

That style is really gorgeous. If you want it softer in the front, you could do the front part in twists with a side part maybe? Twist loosely and let them pouf a little, then do a similar style to the one you posted. The back is important too, since that's what people will be looking at during the ceremony.

ETA: Nightshade, wow. I love love love the headband too.
    Last edited by Robot Ninja; October 19th, 2015 at 02:21 PM.
    Lady Ilium, Spellweaver and Technomancer in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    1c/2a,M,ii. Maintaining at classic for now.

New growth is wild brickworld13's Avatar
    Length
    SHL/CL+/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Double braided bun I wore to a wedding about a year ago where Snuggles was one of the groomsmen. It's twin dutch braids pinned down with U pins and decorated with the sparkly pins and a comb.

Paranda braided bun that I wore to my best friend's wedding in February. It's a french braid with a big fat paranda pinned down with lots of U pins and decorated with my starfish pins.

I don't have photos of the other wedding styles I've worn recently. I've gone to so many in the last couple years that it's pretty much the only time I see my friends these days. I've done a couple of half ups, but those aren't really feasible at this length. They get in the way a lot and are far too hot for pretty much the whole year.
    The Harmonious Rachel, Songbird in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

All of these are so pretty! Here's what I wore at my wedding:

Just a simple side bun with curled temple wispies, done by a professional because the shorter my hair the more clueless I am with styling (this was at early BSL I think). I wanted it up but still visible from the front.
    Caution: LHC-itis may become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

These are stunning ladies and thanks for sharing

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Wow, these are some amazing ideas, keep them coming please!