Thread: Inecto Conditioners

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Default Inecto Conditioners

I'm surprised I haven't seen much posted about these here. I think, dare I say it, I've found my HG cheap, cruelty-free, silicone-free, vegan line of conditioners. I have finished bottles of the avocado, coconut and just started the argan one. They are cheap large bottles on iHerb, but I got one of each on that site with I think it was 25% off during a Black Friday sale, so very worth it. Super slippy, rich but don't weigh hair down, perfect for detangling and rinsing out henna, great as a co wash, light fragrances that don't overpower... Each type seems to work equally well for me. I also have a jar of I think the avocado mask, but I haven't tried it yet. I thought I'd just throw this out there if anyone is looking for an inexpensive conditioner option.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Inecto Conditioners

About 10 years ago I was a big big fan of the coconut conditioner, as that is silicone free and I was at that point. Then my hair got to BSL and the conditioner stopped working. But YMMV. Nowadays they're harder to find where I live. Holland & Barrett may still carry them.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    17.5/26/27
    Type
    4a/F/M/i/ii

Oh it looks really simple, ingredients-wise. My sensitive scalp is saying to try this. I have so many conditioners to finish though, so I'll probably wait on it.

Account Closed by Member Request

I wanted to try them when they first started appearing in drugstores over here but I remember that all of them contained coconut oil, so I skipped the brand.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    I wanted to try them when they first started appearing in drugstores over here but I remember that all of them contained coconut oil, so I skipped the brand.
    To be fair (I don't know if you have an allergy, so sorry if that's the case), I find that coconut oil by itself is quite problematic for me. But inside, processed into a conditioner? It's totally fine. That wasn't my gripe with it. No, after BSL it just knotted up my hair for lack of silicones.

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    To be fair (I don't know if you have an allergy, so sorry if that's the case), I find that coconut oil by itself is quite problematic for me. But inside, processed into a conditioner? It's totally fine. That wasn't my gripe with it. No, after BSL it just knotted up my hair for lack of silicones.
    I'm unfortunately highly sensitive to it and develop red bumps all over my face/neck whenever I use a product with anything coconut in it.

I'm unfortunately highly sensitive to it and develop red bumps all over my face/neck whenever I use a product with anything coconut in it.
    Me too! Even when I tried to keep it completely away from my face.

I’m not completely sure if it’s the coconut oil in my case, but because I couldn’t isolate every single ingredient to find out, I switched to conditioners that don’t contain coconut oil and/or shea butter and haven’t had the problem since.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

The only one with coconut oil is the coconut one, and the only one with shea is the shea butter one, unless I'm missing something. I am loving the argan one (Aqua (water/eau), cetearyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, stearalkonium chloride, argania spinosa (argan) kernel oil, parfum (fragrance), stearyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, sodium benzoate, citric acid.)as much as the avocado one (Water, cetearyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, fragrance, sodium benzoate, stearalkonium chloride, citric acid, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, isopropyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol.). I still have the bamboo (Water, cetearyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, fragrance, sodium benzoate, stearalkonium chloride, citric acid, glycerin, bambusa arundinacea (bamboo) stem extract, isopropyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol. )and the mask left to try...

Quote Originally Posted by curly girl fla View Post
    The only one with coconut oil is the coconut one, and the only one with shea is the shea butter one, unless I'm missing something. I am loving the argan one (Aqua (water/eau), cetearyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, stearalkonium chloride, argania spinosa (argan) kernel oil, parfum (fragrance), stearyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, sodium benzoate, citric acid.)as much as the avocado one (Water, cetearyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, fragrance, sodium benzoate, stearalkonium chloride, citric acid, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, isopropyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol.). I still have the bamboo (Water, cetearyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride, fragrance, sodium benzoate, stearalkonium chloride, citric acid, glycerin, bambusa arundinacea (bamboo) stem extract, isopropyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol. )and the mask left to try...
    Omg, you're totally right! Turns out the website I was looking at used the picture of the ingredients for the coconut conditioner for all the other ones too. Now I'm interested in the argan one.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Me too! Even when I tried to keep it completely away from my face.

I’m not completely sure if it’s the coconut oil in my case, but because I couldn’t isolate every single ingredient to find out, I switched to conditioners that don’t contain coconut oil and/or shea butter and haven’t had the problem since.
    Oh yikes!