Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shampoo and Conditioner

Length
    NL/APL/WL
    Type
    1a/M/C/ii

Default Shampoo and Conditioner

Hy,

i would really like to hear from u, which Shampoo and Conditioner are u using. Currently I am using Joico K-pak line shampoo, Conditioner Joico Moisture Line.
    I am a bit worries, because K-pak is a strong line I am terrified of protein overload.
    When do you know is too much protein, I am really worried.

What is your opinion, how long can u use so strong line with protein?
    Did you experienced protein overload, how to prevent this?
    When u know its enough... About your routine, how often do u use proteins in your routine???

Thanks for your opinions.... 😀

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Shampoo and Conditioner

Switch it up with a different shampoo and conditioner if you're that worried, which it sounds like you are.

Any drugstore shampoo/conditioner will do. But if you need the tangles out and are prone to them, I would go with a conditioner for dry damaged hair (those are the most moisturizing on the market) - only use conditioner from ears down, though!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    NL/APL/WL
    Type
    1a/M/C/ii

[QUOTE=lapushka;3471214]Switch it up with a different shampoo and conditioner if you're that worried, which it sounds like you are.

Any drugstore shampoo/conditioner will do. But if you need the tangles out and are prone to them, I would go with a conditioner for dry damaged hair (those are the most moisturizing on the market) - only use conditioner from ears down, though![/QUOTE

Will do that, thanks

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I second lapushka. Switch up on your shampoo and conditioner from the drugstore. I use any cheap brand shampoo and conditioner like Pantene Pro-V or Garnier Fructis.

Length
    13 in/28/44
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

I'm currently using Marc Anthony Strengthening shampoo and condtioner. Not cheap ($20 Aus) but a little bit goes a long way and my hair seems to like it.

Type
    1b/F/ii

I tried shampoo bars this summer and I really liked them at first but after awhile there just seemed to always be gunk that wouldn't rinse out so I've gone back to what's worked well for me for years. Head and shoulders itchy scalp care and occasionally a bit of tresemme conditioner. I don't condition every time I shampoo because my hair tends to get greasy fast and also it's very fine so conditioning too often can just make it flat and blah.

Length
    chin/32-33/46"
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Garnier green apple and green tea shampoo, Aussie moist for my first conditioner and Aussie 3MM for my second. These work perfectly for me and my hair, For some reason I want to change things and get some Tresemme products though haha.
    Currently mid-back(27") after months of forgetting about it, Going for as long as I can put up with it

Length
    20/30/45
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I've experienced protein overload and I just clarify. Also I like to keep my protein products to once a week now to prevent that from happening again. Although with heavier protein treatments you might want to keep it once a month.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by queenbee1 View Post
    I've experienced protein overload and I just clarify. Also I like to keep my protein products to once a week now to prevent that from happening again. Although with heavier protein treatments you might want to keep it once a month.
    Once a week, if I may, is still a lot for protein, especially if you have overload already with it. Personally, I would do protein once every 2 weeks and not more.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    13 in/28/44
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

More curiosity than anything, I've noticed that a lot of people here use Tresemme and Pantene. I'm wondering if we have a different formula here in Australia as I've had quite a few people say (and with Tresemme noticed myself) that they leave their hair feeling like it's coated in plastic.