Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What!? No Carrie Fisher tribute thread!?

Length
    6 in/12 in/36 in
    Type
    4a/4b/F/i/ii

Exclamation What!? No Carrie Fisher tribute thread!?

I thought of all the forums out there, I thought the ladies of this thread would have the wherewithall to create some really awesome Princess Leia-themed hairdos, from her cinnabuns to her lovely crown braid dos, in honor of the late, great Carrie Fisher. So how about it ladies? Anyone want to show how strongly the Force runs through their hair? Post your pics!

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: What!? No Carrie Fisher tribute thread!?

I'm not sure many folks would have enough hair to replicate her styles, though they were certainly lovely.....
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by koolkittychick View Post
    I thought of all the forums out there, I thought the ladies of this thread would have the wherewithall to create some really awesome Princess Leia-themed hairdos, from her cinnabuns to her lovely crown braid dos, in honor of the late, great Carrie Fisher. So how about it ladies? Anyone want to show how strongly the Force runs through their hair? Post your pics!
    Why don't you start?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    6 in/12 in/36 in
    Type
    4a/4b/F/i/ii

I definitely don't have enough hair for that yet (I so would if I did though!), but I would love to be inspired by some of the follicaly-gifted ladies on this forum.

Length
    6 in/12 in/36 in
    Type
    4a/4b/F/i/ii

Oh, I don't know; most of the ladies here with at least waist-length hair can do the crown braids Leia sported in the later films (they count!), and I recall at least one woman who used to post here regularly (can't remember her name, but she had loooong, thick, strawberry blonde hair and lived overseas in Asia somewhere) who could have easily created the epic buns from the original movie. Going by your pic at the bottom of your post, you could pull it off rather easily yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    I'm not sure many folks would have enough hair to replicate her styles, though they were certainly lovely.....

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by koolkittychick View Post
    Oh, I don't know; most of the ladies here with at least waist-length hair can do the crown braids Leia sported in the later films (they count!), and I recall at least one woman who used to post here regularly (can't remember her name, but she had loooong, thick, strawberry blonde hair and lived overseas in Asia somewhere) who could have easily created the epic buns from the original movie. Going by your pic at the bottom of your post, you could pull it off rather easily yourself!
    No, my fine hair compresses greatly when in an updo and would look nothing like hers..... also my ends are very tapered....it would need to be much thicker and voluminous to be able to look like hers. I wish it would
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    BSL28/BSL28/HIP40
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i

Lol, one large normal bun for me is still like a quarter of the size of one of her side buns. I can't even do Rey's hairstyle either. *cries inside*
    Last edited by Adorkable One; December 30th, 2016 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Typo

Carys-Kitteh's Servant AZDesertRose's Avatar
    Length
    SL/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

I dressed up as Leia from A New Hope one Halloween a few years ago when I had classic length hair, and my cinnabuns were not as large as in the film, but it was definitely clear that I was dressed up as Leia. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone took any photos, and I cut my hair a while later and it's now only waist length.

I've also done a modified version of her hairstyle at the end of A New Hope during the medal ceremony, but again, no photos. It's actually pretty easy to do. Put all your hair into a high ponytail, and split it in half. Braid both halves in three-strand English braids. Bun one braid over the other so that you leave the other one hanging out of the "bottom" of the bun so that it looks like one long braid partially bunned. Unless you've got ungodly thick hair (and mine isn't exactly thin), it's going to look a little more puny than in the movie, but the movie's makeup/costume department had the advantage of hairpieces/wigs.
    Not quite APL -> APL -> BSL -> Mid-Back with compact-cut layers and holding a while-> ???

Length
    6 in/12 in/36 in
    Type
    4a/4b/F/i/ii

I feel your pain on that; even though I have type 4 hair, it is also fine, and compresses to a thin braid when done tightly. My hair has to be braided very loosely to allow its frizzy texture create the illusion of thickness. Nonetheless, you still have very beautiful fairy princess hair, and I think you could rock Leia's crown braid dos from the later movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    No, my fine hair compresses greatly when in an updo and would look nothing like hers..... also my ends are very tapered....it would need to be much thicker and voluminous to be able to look like hers. I wish it would
    Last edited by koolkittychick; December 30th, 2016 at 05:19 PM.

Length
    6 in/12 in/36 in
    Type
    4a/4b/F/i/ii

Wow, that sounds cool; too bad you don't have any pics! And yeah, Hollywood does have the advantage of movie "hair magic," but I'm hoping that someone out there will be inspired to at least try one of Leia's hairstyles, even if it's not the iconic sidebuns.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZDesertRose View Post
    I dressed up as Leia from A New Hope one Halloween a few years ago when I had classic length hair, and my cinnabuns were not as large as in the film, but it was definitely clear that I was dressed up as Leia. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone took any photos, and I cut my hair a while later and it's now only waist length.

I've also done a modified version of her hairstyle at the end of A New Hope during the medal ceremony, but again, no photos. It's actually pretty easy to do. Put all your hair into a high ponytail, and split it in half. Braid both halves in three-strand English braids. Bun one braid over the other so that you leave the other one hanging out of the "bottom" of the bun so that it looks like one long braid partially bunned. Unless you've got ungodly thick hair (and mine isn't exactly thin), it's going to look a little more puny than in the movie, but the movie's makeup/costume department had the advantage of hairpieces/wigs.