Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: your best tips to speed up hair growth??

Default your best tips to speed up hair growth??

Please help!!! So I need my healthy hair to grow through as quick as possible so I can get the damaged stuff cut off but it feels like its taking forever to grow, only 2cm in 2months ;-( do you have any tips to speeding growth up? I eat a healthy diet already yeah I eat chocolate but everyday I have spinach, other salad veggies, avocado, eggs fish/chicken, cheese, yoghurt, almonds and fruits and I drink at least 2litres of water a day, what else can I do to speed up growth (I just cant put oils in my hair on a night as I have the school run to do)

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: your best tips to speed up hair growth??

Hair grows on average 1/2 inch or about 1 to 1.5 cm a month. There's fairly little you can do about that. It just takes a whole lot of patience.

You might try the inversion method; it's talked about on this site (can't find the thread ATM, but it's there).

If I were you I wouldn't go all desperate and kick into this mode where you'd almost be willing to try to swallow just about any magic (expensive) pill that will promise you a tad bit more growth. It's seriously not worth it!

Good diet, good nutrition, a good multivitamin (in my case). That's what gives me my 1/2 inch a month.

And remember 1/2 inch is a lot. Hair grows slow, sometimes even slower than this, so be glad of the growth you do get, because hair can stall for a while, grow even less, all kinds of things...

Hair is a *year*-long project, not just something of a few weeks or months. It takes *years*!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Well, I always braid my hair at night and apply a bit of olive oil to the ends. I heard that way there is less breakage of hair and growth can occur faster.

Also, less hair manipulation is the key. If you dye, straighten, blow-dry your hair a lot, you might want to take a break for a while.

Length
    APL/WL/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Drink plenty of water, take a multivitamin, eat healthy, and have patience is basically the best you can do. As lapushka said, you could try the inversion method (basically scalp massages with your head flipped downward for 5 minutes or so every day for two weeks). I'm not sure if it works, but it would be worth a shot.

There's also a thread on here about using monistat of all things in your hair, but... that's kinda strange and I'm not sure if there are any legitimate results from it.

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers, or you can grow weeds.
    Lady Scarlette, Traveler of the Road to Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/Waist/...?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

I used to grow even less than a cm a month but I've improved my growth to 1.5cm by drinking at least a litre of water a day, cutting out all heat, cutting out SLS shampoo and taking a multivitamin. I also heavy oil my hair at least once a week with a mixture of coconut and castor oil and letting it sit overnight (I do it either Fri or Sat night so I can do stuff during the week without oily hair). I tried inversion and it didn't work for me. I've also tried a weird mustard mask that sort of worked, but only for 2 months (total of 3.25cm growth). ACV rinses have helped improve overall hair quality too. In the end it takes patience and dedication and at not even APL I'm still trying out new things.

Successfully reached Waist! (only just) and currently letting it grow

will definitely try the castor oil overnight id forgotten that that's meant to help with hair growth thankyou for reminding me!! I know patience is key but if theres things I can do to speed it up abit then I'm willing to try!

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Not paying attention to it, literally makes it speed by. Also taking good care of it helps loads.

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    SL/BSL/BSL/W
    Type
    2a/F/i

Ignore it for a month or two. You'll be amazed how quick hair appears to grow when you're not paying attention. Eat healthy and drink water. Not much else you can do. Don't fall for marketing ploys, "hair growth serums" etc.

Length
    cbone/waist/tbone
    Type
    3b/3c/M/iii

We live in a capitalist world, so think of it this way: If there were any true way to guarantee fast-growing hair with visible results within weeks, it would be well-known and would cost a lot of money. As it stands, nothing like that exists! So the best you can do is optimize your health/nutrition, then practice patience! Good luck.

CBL » started locks June 2, 2011 » locks shrunk to CL » WL, 11" pony » goal: TBL
    Have questions about locked hair? Ask here — I'm happy to help.

You might find this thread interesting! http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=71576

I haven't read through the whole thread but it does look like several people had success using the rooibo/redbush tea to help their hair grow. ^^

Like was said above though, a half inch a month is generally how much hair will grow. Some people will grow even faster, some will grow slower just depending on their body. Minimizing breakage and keeping your hair moisturized and in good shape can go a long ways to making sure you get the most out of that growth.