Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water soluble silicones?

Default Water soluble silicones?

Does anyone no of any shampoo and conditioner that have water soluble silicones in ones that work with dry hair please? Struggling to find one that only have water soluble silicones

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Water soluble silicones?

Quote Originally Posted by Mandymandymandy View Post
    Does anyone no of any shampoo and conditioner that have water soluble silicones in ones that work with dry hair please? Struggling to find one that only have water soluble silicones
    What are you using currently - just to have an idea. And do you like it or not? Also, where in the world are you. It might be easier recommending things to you if we know your location as products can vary a lot country to country.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Thanks for replying I was using bed head recovery but weighed my hair down , now I’m using Noughty 97% natural ingredients but causing breakage and dryness, I’m looking for a in between something with silicone but not heavy as I do have very dry hair, I’m from the uk

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I would try the Garnier Ultimate Blends line. They have shampoos for dry to very dry hair in their line. Here's an overview:
    https://www.garnier.co.uk/hair-care/...ends-hair-care

And here's the one with argan oil (for dry hair):
    https://www.garnier.co.uk/hair-care/...ry-unruly-hair
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Oh, UK, I can help! If you live near a Poundland, Poundworld, The Range, B&M or something similar, you're likely to find conditioner with water-soluble cones, maybe even shampoo too (I've not looked too closely at the shampoos though because I generally don't do well with sulphates and don't bother looking further down the ingredients list when they invariably contain SLES). I do have some Ultimate Blends conditioners but haven't tried them yet.

[Silicone-free but I highly recommend Faith in Nature BB Rose conditioner, if that's within your price range. It gives me the most slip I can ever remember! The shampoo might do you well too but I've not tried it so can't be sure.]

What's your current wash routine, out of interest? If you find something that's better but not quite good enough, maybe there's a tweak or two that could help.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    SL+/40/40
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

Seconding the faith in nature bb rose conditioner, I've been trying the shampoo too and really like it!

Can I jump in and ask about the Faith in Nature conditioner please?

Would you say that it improves your hair with repeated use, ie improving the moisture levels, or does it just give good slip at the time? (Both are good qualities, I’m trying to up the moisture levels to increase elasticity. Also only looking for cruelty free products so the brand fits the bill!)

Thank you. I noticed that Faith in Nature is buy one get one half price in Holland & Barrett, just to add a hopefully useful point and not just to hijack the thread

Length
    Chin/TLB/TLB
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Some silicones are not water soluble but are volatile. Have you looked into them? They don't build up easily as they evaporate.

It's a 10 leave in has it.
    Tons of new growth! :-)

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Can I jump in and ask about the Faith in Nature conditioner please?

Would you say that it improves your hair with repeated use, ie improving the moisture levels, or does it just give good slip at the time? (Both are good qualities, I’m trying to up the moisture levels to increase elasticity. Also only looking for cruelty free products so the brand fits the bill!)

Thank you. I noticed that Faith in Nature is buy one get one half price in Holland & Barrett, just to add a hopefully useful point and not just to hijack the thread
    It contains several amino acids, which are apparently good for helping retain moisture. It has helped with repeated use, but best with sustained use - my hair would feel great with it and would happily go longer between washes if my scalp hadn't needed a thorough cleansing each week(ish). After several washes not using it I am starting to feel the difference. [It also rinses *really* well, which surprised me as I thought it would be heavier than it turned out to be!]

Just remembered (back on topic): Richard Ward volumising conditioner (available in Waitrose) also has a water-soluble silicone; it takes a little longer to feel like it's thoroughly rinsed out than my other conditioners but doesn't weigh my hair down and gives great slip too. (I bought a few bottles when it was on offer - the only way I only ever buy products in this kind of price range! )
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Perhaps Paul Mitchell shampoo 1 could work for you? It does come in a trial size..

(I just checked and the Awapuhi one might also be good)
    Last edited by renia22; June 18th, 2019 at 08:58 AM.