Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Jessicurl products thread!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Official Jessicurl products thread!

I searched and saw we didn't have an official thread on these products yet.

I tried both their cleansers quite a number of years ago, which the more potent one surprisingly got along with my SD (seborrheic dermatitis) at that time (was during the spring/summer).

I think I tried both the Too Shea & Aloba conditioners (nothing that spectacular in my book compared to regular drugstore conditioners, I remember that about Jessicurl conditioning).

I tried the Awe Inspiraling Spray to remist my waves. My hair was BSL at the time. I tried the Rockin ringlets and confident coils. One of those gooped up on me quite a bit (I think the CC) and was so disgusting in its consistency, that I finally gave up on the entire range.

It was expensive enough! I first had a travel size, and then bought big sizes. Back then it was dark green semi-see through packaging.

When I tried it, it gave me nice definition, I have to say that about it!

How do you feel about the range?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    pixie/cbl/bsl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Official Jessicurl products thread!

I tried the confident coils when my hair was very short. Did not do much for me. Maybe my hair was too short? They have this newer product now; spiralicious gel. Maybe i will try that one day. Not yet because i have so much other hair products in stash. I must finish them first.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by yvsa View Post
    I tried the confident coils when my hair was very short. Did not do much for me. Maybe my hair was too short? They have this newer product now; spiralicious gel. Maybe i will try that one day. Not yet because i have so much other hair products in stash. I must finish them first.
    Oh, I definitely get where you're coming from. That is my resolution for 2018, use up my stash - I am on a low-buy.

Length
    chin/SL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

I like it. I have used the Gentle lather shampoo, Aloeba conditioner, too shea and Awe inspiraling. I also have used the rocking ringlets, and confident coils, but they didn't give me enough hold.
    I bought the travel sizes. It's a good line- fairly natural. the awe inspiraling is the one curl boosting mist I've tried that is not drying. Perhaps its the oils in it.
    Trying to grow my babyfine hair long/working on going natural

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Jessicurl doesn't seem to get much love on here, but this line will always have a place in my heart. I remember Jess posting on nc.com to 'fix' her own hair, then developing rockin' ringlets and starting her complete line and company. I've purchased complete sets probably three times. It was trial and error at first, but I realized that with her products less is more. I've been using other things-shampoo bars/citric acid rinse, Morrocco Method cleansers, no stylers but natural creams, but still have remnants of a leftover mix of RR/Awe Inspiring spray and a small amount of Spiralicious gel-old, liquidy but still works so well. When I got the email of the B1 G2 deep conditioner, I jumped on it. Shipping is way expensive, but with a discount it is so worth it. So, actually cowashing/conditioning/leaving in a small amt of the deep co along with my spray concoction and old gel has made me want to order fresh RR, Spiralicious and her hair cleansing cream-really good stuff. I really like Confident Coils, but the Spiralicious just works...more. And you can get everything unscented (but I love her fragrances). Off to her site to plan an order for when a coupon code is available...

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by curly girl fla View Post
    Jessicurl doesn't seem to get much love on here, but this line will always have a place in my heart. I remember Jess posting on nc.com to 'fix' her own hair, then developing rockin' ringlets and starting her complete line and company. I've purchased complete sets probably three times. It was trial and error at first, but I realized that with her products less is more. I've been using other things-shampoo bars/citric acid rinse, Morrocco Method cleansers, no stylers but natural creams, but still have remnants of a leftover mix of RR/Awe Inspiring spray and a small amount of Spiralicious gel-old, liquidy but still works so well. When I got the email of the B1 G2 deep conditioner, I jumped on it. Shipping is way expensive, but with a discount it is so worth it. So, actually cowashing/conditioning/leaving in a small amt of the deep co along with my spray concoction and old gel has made me want to order fresh RR, Spiralicious and her hair cleansing cream-really good stuff. I really like Confident Coils, but the Spiralicious just works...more. And you can get everything unscented (but I love her fragrances). Off to her site to plan an order for when a coupon code is available...
    Same here. The scents are to die for! I love the formulas on the stylers too. But sadly, I have fallen in love with the curl enhancing smoothie by Shea Moisture and...

Well, maybe next time I place an online order I'll get the confident coils + rockin' ringlets again!

I received my first order from Jessicurl today, and I did have time to try out the Spiraliscious Gel in my hair. I received samples of the Hair Cleansing Cream, Too Shea Extra Moisturizing Conditioner, Oil Blend, and Deep Treatment. I got everything in the fragrance free version. I had been predominantly using moisturizing styling creams in my hair, however, I decided to switch to using gel, because I find that my hair with styling creams start to get this greasy feel over time, before wash day comes. It could be from buildup from the butters and oils, and lately my scalp had been acting up. So, I decided to try something that is lighter, like the Spirakiscious Gel and that provides me with more hold, because with styling creams, they give a minimal amount of hold, so, after I sleep on my hair, any hold that they provide is gone. And, I happen to live in an area that is hot and humid almost all year round, so I was looking for a styler that can stand up to even the most wicked heat and humidity out there.

First off, the fragrance free version of Spiraliscious Gel is completely fragrance free. It does provide a very firm hold, it doesn't take a super long time to dry in my hair, and, thus far, I have not experienced any flaking. It has left my hair shiny. It doesn't provide a lot if curl definition to my hair, however, that's certainly okay, because I don't buy products in order for them to make my hair look curlier than what it already is. It just helps to slightly boost what I'm already working with curl wise. Plus, it has my hair completely frizz free. The hold level of this product is what I would consider to be near Kinky-Curly's Curling Custard. However, I like the consistency of this product better, and it sinks into my hair faster than the Kinky-Curly Curling Custard does too. Plus, with Kinky-Curly's Curling Custard, I had to keep spraying my hair down with water during the application process, in order for me to get the best results when applying it. With the Spiraliscious Gel, I did apply it to soaking wet hair, however, I didn't have to keep re-wetting my hair with water, throughout the entire application process. Which was a definite plus.

Yes, Spiraliscious dries with a level of crunchiness, however, it's not something that is super bothersome to me, because I have definitely dealt with much worse. So, thus far, I definitely will continue using the Spiraliscious Gel, and after I get in my 2nd order from Jessicurl, this coming Thursday, I will start using the Awe Inspiraling Spray as well, towards styling my hair with too.

Yes, the shipping is super expensive off of the Jessicurl website. However, I used a free shipping code with my first order. And, I found a discount code on the Internet, that I used towards my second order. So, that was of great help to me. However, NaturallyCurly.com is always running sales, so they are a good place to buy Jessicurl products from to, and be able to get them at a discounted price.

i do plan to get around to using the Hair Cleansing Cream, Too Shea Conditioner, Oil Blend, and Deep Treatment to come in the near future, and I definitely will report back on how well or not they end up working for me. Oh, and I know that the owner doesn't promote usage of a brush on ones curly hair, however, usage of a brush is a must for me when it comes to delta gluing my hair on wash days. Just using my fingers or a comb to detangle my hair on my regular hair wash days, just doesn't work best. I definitely have to use my Denman brush that's for sure! It will forever remain a "holy grail" of mines for life!
    Last edited by Reservechic; February 5th, 2018 at 07:12 PM.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I did order a few items via naturallycurly on sunday and they shipped already. i got 20% off and free shipping on gel, cleansing cream, rocking ringlets and aloebie to use as a leave-in andor cowash. when the j-curl site has a decent sale, i will go for 32-ouncers if my usage warrants it. and i used to use my denman religiously but the past few years i more finger detangle and use my mebco comb with conditioner, and then my wet brush or tangle teezer to distribute creams, gels, etc. hope everything works wonders for you

Quote Originally Posted by curly girl fla View Post
    I did order a few items via naturallycurly on sunday and they shipped already. i got 20% off and free shipping on gel, cleansing cream, rocking ringlets and aloebie to use as a leave-in andor cowash. when the j-curl site has a decent sale, i will go for 32-ouncers if my usage warrants it. and i used to use my denman religiously but the past few years i more finger detangle and use my mebco comb with conditioner, and then my wet brush or tangle teezer to distribute creams, gels, etc. hope everything works wonders for you
    Fabulous haul! As, I happen to be a really big fan of shopping for products for my curls from off of NC.com too! Oh, and just to let you know, the owner of Jessicurl, will be celebrating her birthday this coming Monday. In honor of her birthday, Jessicurl will be offering 42% off on their 8 oz. sizes of product. However, complete details will be provided via newsletter and I'm sure on Jessicurl's social media pages as well.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

ooh...42% is nice....wish it was on the larger sizes, but it still makes it worth while to stock up. Thanks for the heads-up.