Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Body Shop

Length
    thigh/mbl/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Question The Body Shop

I tried searching for a main Body Shop thread but couldn't find one? Only threads on specific products.

Anyway, I got a 200 SEK (~ 20€) gift card and I don't typically buy from the Body Shop so I thought I'd see if anyone else has more recent experiences.

I tried the Rainforest products yearsss ago and they don't seem to sell those anymore. It was the first sulfate free shampoo I tried and it was pretty awful It didn't lather on the first go and I had to double shampoo. Sulfate free formulas have come a long way since then though!

I used the banana conditioner as a second conditioner when I was on the CO-train, also years ago. It was very heavy, if I remember correctly. However, I got a sample of it a couple of years ago (I must've beet at WL?) and it wasn't heavy enough for me then.

I tried the full range of Shea hair products maybe two years ago? Or one? And the shampoo was not harsh enough for me, and the conditioner and mask sort of weighed everything down without also providing the extra slip heavy products tend to have...

I've also heard both good and bad things about their brushes and combs.

Has anyone else tried any products?

(Also I'm considering buying body wash with the gift card cause I'm not too sure about the hair products, so even if it's a bit OT for this subforum, maybe anyone has any advice on other Body Shop products as well??)
    2008: 24cm/10" 2015: 41cm/16" 2022: 120cm/48" // 2022: 52cm/21"
    instagram

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: The Body Shop

Meh. That's my thought on the Body Shop. Meh. I wouldn't know what to do either, but maybe browse their site and see what all they have? Would that be an idea?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    thigh/mbl/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Meh. That's my thought on the Body Shop. Meh. I wouldn't know what to do either, but maybe browse their site and see what all they have? Would that be an idea?
    Haha yes same!! Yes that's where I found the body wash.. didn't really find anything else that stood out to me and it seems like a safe bet
    instagram

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Haha yes same!! Yes that's where I found the body wash.. didn't really find anything else that stood out to me and it seems like a safe bet
    Maybe they have salts or so for baths? Foot soaks? That kind of thing; at least then you can pamper yourself.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Account Closed by Member Request

I had the banana shampoo and conditioner years ago but I don’t even remember if they were any good. I do remember liking the scent though and I think I finished them, so they were probably alright. Other than that I only ever liked their honey and milk body lotion but just for the scent.

Length
    thigh/mbl/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

I actually just got a gift set with the honey and milk products! I have some money left on the gift card but I'll have to save it for later, can't really come up with anything else that I'd want
    instagram

They have some nice non-hair stuff . The wide tooth comb is good though.

I like their make up because it doesn’t contain carmine. They used to do nice eyeshadow but that seems to have gone out of production. I like the liquid foundation and the peachy primer. Not sure if they still do brown mascara, but I like that too

My favourite Body Shop product is hemp hand cream, it’s the holy grail of hand creams for me. It seems to actually help hands to heal.

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I tried the shampoos and conditioners, they weren't for me...
    BUT my hair loooooves the Banana hairmask
    And I really like the body yoghurts. I usually wait untill winter, when they have the vanilla bodybutter and yoghurt.
    They're not in the regular products.

*Pictures*
    *Rosettebun tutorial*
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be
    judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

The Hemp hand cream is just magic, truly amazing stuff. And the Hemp face cream is only thing that works for me during winter, I always come back to it. It's super moisturising but not heavy.

The Banana hair mask is really good too, something I definitely want to repurchase.

And then they have this lovely Vitamin E face oil.

Do you know which of their scents you like? Body washes, butters and yoghurts are really nice if you find a scent you really like. Morninga and Shea are some of my favourite scents.
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    thigh/mbl/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

I've tried the almond and honey gift set now and I think it smells pretty good! I've always loved any banana scented product too for some reason haha! I remember liking the conditioner when I had shorter hair too
    instagram