Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

Red face Hello!

Have been reading the forum for quite a while now, finally managed to join (the old captcha registration was not working, was so happy when found it I can complete the registration a day ago!)

My hair is currently slightly past the BSL, and I am hoping to grow it to WL, maybe even HP if I'm lucky enough and manage to keep it looking nice and healthy at the same time. I am also trying to grow out my natural hair color completely, I have some balayage/ bleach mid length-down. Haven't dyed it in over a year now.

My hair tends to be frizzy and a bit more on the dry side. It's usually wavy, sometimes with S shaped waves in the inside bottom layer. A day after the wash it straightens more, sometimes looking pretty straight by mid week (but thick).

I wash my hair once a week. A few months ago around December I tried to start using organic shampoo and mask (masks work better on my hair than conditioners, I usually don't see much difference from those), but in the country I live in, it's a bit hard to find organic, natural things at a reasonable price. I found some when I was abroad and successfully used those until now, together with a children's shampoo sometimes (does not have any harsh/silicone etc ingredients). I have not used any commercial shampoos at all for half a year now.

A week ago I started to CO wash. So far, my hair feels great. I also use oils on my hair, especially coconut, sometimes before washing. Recently started to also use it after conditioner. And always try to use it daily from mid length-down.
    I would like to sometime try and go WO washing, but I use a tangle teezer and have found a BB brush here yet.

Another cool thing is, the coming week I will try my first blunt self-trim either by Faye's or spidermom's method. I have not trimmed my hair since last July 2017, so I'm very excited to do it myself this time!

The long letter is over I am very happy to be here, looking forward to being a part of this amazing community!

Default Re: Hello!

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Welcome!

Self-trimming is so freeing, once you get the hang of it it's so much easier to cut exactly how much you want and do things microtrims.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I am also a weekly washer (there is a thread for weekly washers, let me link it for you):
    https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...d.php?t=141374

Quote Originally Posted by Astrid Carlisle View Post
    Another cool thing is, the coming week I will try my first blunt self-trim either by Faye's or spidermom's method. I have not trimmed my hair since last July 2017, so I'm very excited to do it myself this time!
    Or, you could postpone the trim and join the no-trimming thread for this year.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Welcome! You sound like you already know what you're doing
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Thank you so much, guys!!!
    Well, I'm trying to read on a lot of things, my goal though is to try and keep my hair tamed and make it straighter if I can, I know many ladies here prefer the opposite - curls and waves. Haven't figured out how to try and succeed on keeping it looking neat and defrizzed/ less wavy. My waves are very random, so it's not a lovely overal-wave on all the hair.

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I am also a weekly washer (there is a thread for weekly washers, let me link it for you):
    https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...d.php?t=141374

I would love to do that, as I generally prefer to rarely cut it, so it grows without losing a lot of length. But the whole past month I just feel like I really want my hemline to be updated and smoothed out, the ends have become feathered out (and i really need to do the S&D!!), and it's no longer soft-feeling and blunt straight

However, after that trim I am certain there won't be any cuts until 2019 probably!!

I will definitely check out the thread!! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Ooh, I just looked that thread up, it's from July 1st no trimming!! Definitely in!

Length
    SL/BL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Hello and welcome to the forum. I too am starting CO but with colored hair.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Hi - welcome here!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR