Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My sad little 4 year LHC anniversary

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default My sad little 4 year LHC anniversary

I wasn't going to make a post because I don't have an amazing transformation, or really any transformation at all, but I feel like moping.

I joined LHC 4 years ago and while I've really enjoyed my time here thus far, my hair apparently doesn't share my feelings and has refused to blossom.

I went through a year of experimentation in 2013 after having completely virgin hair all my life including some straightening, highlights, dye, dyed again, layered, had extensions etc. I joined here 6 months after deciding to grow out natural long hair and this is what I started with:

My hair has been 100% heat free since then and babied beyond belief. I use a seamless resin comb, sulphate free shampoos, conditioners with my favourite slip ingredients, lots of protein masks, oils and deep conditioners. My only sin and biggest regret was getting a balayage done 2 1/2 years ago, then two years later trying to reverse that through a series of disastrous attempts.

The picture in my siggy and my profile picture was about 2-3 years ago.

But I'm been experiencing really heavy hair loss in the past 6 months-1 year (I can't even pinpoint it) and my circumference has gone down from an already measly 2.75" to 2" so I chopped from waist to BSL and I'm back at 26". And here is the grand finale picture of 4 years:

My hair was 24" inches when I joined. So very sadly, I have only gained two inches of growth in an entire 4 years of time and I am thinking of cutting more to thicken it up. Maybe long hair isn't attainable for everyone
    Last edited by divinedobbie; January 11th, 2018 at 04:22 PM.

24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34

Length
    ch/sh/wl
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Re: My sad little 4 year LHC anniversary

Oh my word, please don't call this sad! This is remarkable progress, worthy of celebration! Look how healthy it is! I think, because it's called Long Hair Community, that there's pressure to have long hair to be noticed. Frankly, it's entirely worth celebrating and praising your growth in caring for your hair, and loving the condition of your hair. I think it's beautiful! Congratulations!

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Don't be sad! That is a huge difference! It looks so healthy and the shape of it is very fetching. I also like the color. I'm sure you can grow longer if that's what you want, but length isn't the only thing that's valuable in one's hair journey.
    Caution: LHC-itis may become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Well now, it looks pretty in that last pic. Soft and smooth. Near your scalp the hair looks glossy. Perhaps you're still growing out your disaster? Personally I think it's quite tricky to get an accurate circumference measurement - mine never seemed to be the same, even on the same day. Tiresome.

I don't know, but for me, simplifying what I did worked well. Wash, condition, wear up. I also quit measuring altogether as that was driving me nuts. Benign Neglect became my routine. It's rather inexpensive too, always a plus.
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Refused to blossom?

Your hair did do that, though! I think.

It looks great. Happy anniversary. Many more to you. Happy growing.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    SL/mbl/???
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Your hair looks very pretty, healthy and shiny.

I get the same feelings as you, I’ve just cut back from waist due to a couple of bad sheds and am at 26”. Every January I’m roughly this length. Circles circles circles lol

The thing is, in the real world you have long hair and probably healthier hair than other non lhc’ers.

Celebrate it’s gorgeousness!!!

Length
    Pixie/CBL/??
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I love the shape of your hair and it is so shiny! I think your progress is great!
    Lady Hayley of IMAGINATION, Seeker of the Moon and the Silver Sea in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Definitely a transformation. Your hair looks much healthier and shinier, and your hemline looks noticeably thicker and nicer!

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Curious. Very Curious. Ophidian's Avatar
    Length
    Buzz/FTL+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

It really is a lovely color and shape, and it is very shiny! I understand that the unexplained hairloss must be causing you some stress, but take heart in the fact that we can see a big change. All the babying you've been doing really does show.

Short... SL... APL... MBL...Waist... Hip... Tailbone... Classic... Knee...

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

ok, Ms. dobbie let me start by saying your hair is just DIVINE!!! Seriously, it is so full and shiny and just so much healthier and smooth. Yes, your transformation is not as dramatic length-wise, but you've gained so much more thickness. I love the color of your hair. I think you should be proud of your hair. It's just lovely. Congratulations on your anniversary and metamorphosis
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline