Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Hairy Anniversary Post - 5 Years of LHC for Me!

Length
    CBL/Hip/Term
    Type
    1a/F/i

Wink A Hairy Anniversary Post - 5 Years of LHC for Me!

Today is 5 years since I joined LHC!
    I had already started to grow my hair out when I joined, I actually joined just trying to keep the motivation to keep growing and find some alternate ideas to hair care. Don't know that I thought at that time, I'd have grown as long as I have. My goal originally was Tailbone. I hadn't thought much of going longer than that - that was the longest I'd had my hair previously. But now, 5 years later I'm at knee! I'd love to see where terminal is on me, but I'm unsure right now if I want to keep growing or maintain for a while and see if I can thicken my hemline. If there's one thing I miss from shorter hair, it's a blunt, uniform hemline! As you'll see in the length shots from today, my ends are getting more see-through starting at classic about. =P
    Along with growth in hair, I've learned and tried so many things here and am so grateful for it all and the kindness I've experienced here. I've learned what my hair likes and doesn't and to try to appreciate my hair type - as much of a struggle as that is for me, among so many thick hairs here. And I've spent a LOT of money on hair toys. lol. I was always pretty good with a claw clip and hair tie...those days are so gone. haha.
    And to enter a moment of sappiness - I also found my best friend here, which was unexpected and wonderful. I was sort of between having close friends after having lost a lot of people after my Dad passed on and the depression that followed the next few years. But some time after joining the site, I saw someone post about costumes and enjoying dressing up and she lived about an hour from me. I'm a photographer and really had been wanting to do some themed photos, so I decided that even though I totally probably sounded like a creeper, I'd message her and see if she wanted to meet up and do photos sometime. I did and luckily Seeshami was just weird enough that she was like "Oh hey, sure creeper person who wants to take my picture - let's totally meet up!" lol. We met and it was sort of like we'd been friends for a long time already and now almost 3 years later, I have a wonderful friend. She may be brash and blunt and say what's on her mind with a dose of snark - but the fact is that's just some of Seeshami. She's a kind and sweet person. She's like a cactus. Prickly on the outside, but if you slice her open with a machete, she's spongy and not all that intimidating at all. lol.

So in summation, thank you LHC! And now, to photos!!

Here's where I started here on LHC about. The photo on the left is late 2009 and the one on the right is 2010, a few months after joining here. I cut off the rest of my bleach damage and this was after my first Cassia treatment.

Here's more where my start length was to start growing, in 2008.

My first hair toy ever!! A Flexi 8!

And then there's my hair toy collection Today! lol

Some along the way pictures....I remember with both of these I had to take pictures because I felt like my hair was SO LONG! hehe.

Seeshami and me!

And today! Current length - Forgive my hair. I didn't wash my sleep cap the other day after a couple heavy overnight oilings and despite washing my hair last night in preparation for length shots, it's kind of icky today - double shot since hubby brushed my hair into a clump the first time and the second was after I fluffed it around to lay more normally. =/ Sorry! Was hoping for fluffy, fresh hair. You can totally see my sad ends though. But, I am at knee!

And, I guess these are my anniversary "presents" - A Neena that I traded pastina for and that I love to death. I think this is def my fave shape TT! And then my gorgeous gift from Ravenhair44 from WWC!!

*Lady Nyx, Possessor of The bewhytchd Lens*

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: A Hairy Anniversary Post - 5 Years of LHC for Me!

I bet that is almost exactly what I responded to your message.

The naughty mess says, "I plead innocent!"
    Should have kept your snaggles off the keyboard and plead the 5th.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Wow, kneelength! Pretty amazing, can I say (I hope you don't take offense) *especially* for someone with i hair. I mean the nasty stories out there exist of "it can't be done your hair is too thin". Congratulations!

My mom has i/ii hair, more i these days than anything else, but she at one time had fiery red hair past and around BSL.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Pixie/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Happy anniversary!!! Your hair is prettttyyyyyyyy
    Pixie-Bob-Shoulder-CBL-APL-BSL-WL-HL-BCL-TBL 2019!

Lady Hester, Healer of the Platte and Plains in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Yay! Congratulations, AspenSong! Happy Hairiversary!!!

Great growth and beautiful hair! And wow, such lovely photos, too! I love how you and Seeshami braided hair together! So cool!

Length
    8/26/33?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I love these anniversary stories and especially when it involves friendship made on the boards. Thank you for sharing this.

Dr. Technicolor DreamBuns pastina's Avatar
    Length
    ?/BSL/dunno
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Hooray!!!!!! Happy Versary, lovely lady!! (OH MY GLOB the TT and the Cory-Acrylic both look utterly FAB in your hair!!)

Length
    12"/65"/60"
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Congratulations on 5 years, and KNEE!! WOW! SO very impressive. Well done!

I love your hair, and I agree with you about accepting your hair. It is glorious and something to be really proud of. And those hair toys are pretty awesome too! So glad you shared!
    ISO Large Cobalt Ficcare!

Length
    SL/BSL/WL+
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

happy hairaversary..congratulations to you.. the tourquoise looks spectacular in your lovely shiny do cheers

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Congrats! Your hair is amazing!