Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first year at LHC

Length
    SL/33/50
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default My first year at LHC

I have always been the type to change my hair every 3-6 months, wether it be cutting it, dying it or perming it. Since becoming pregnant the first time in 2010, I stopped with the chemicals. I did plenty of cutting though, which left me with nice virgin hair. I was always a bit of a wash stretcher and a moderate heat user, but as my mom days became busier, washes got stretched a bit more and heat was used less and less. I think I may have used the blow dryer more in the year at LCH than the year previous, but now I use it on the cool setting.
    I had decided not to do any major cuts until July 2015. I join LHC at BSL (25”) last Jan. Along the way I also decided to do no trimming whatsoever until I hit my new goal of TBL sometime in spring 2016. (that will make about 2.5 years of no cutting) Still deciding if I will trim slowly to cut down on the amount of layers I have or do a big 6” chop and grow back to the goal length.
    Anyway, on to pictures!

Jan - crazy braid waves

Feb -

April - I got my first hair toy. I got a few things, but really loved my LI for wash days and my 3 prong Jeter Bocote the rest of the time. Up until my (3yo at the time) son broke in this summer. He felt terrible about it and now does not touch ‘moms pretties.’ The great thing about that is that it made finally get up the courage to talk to DH about buying more hair toys. Then that lead to having a hair toy budget starting this past fall.
    I pretty much wore my hair like this for months since braiding was the only way to get my slipper hair to stay put! Though I usually had the top of the fork on the top.... it slid down, but stayed put.

Sept - After spending May-Aug away from LHC because of what seemed like a terrible postpartum shed (ended up to be only 1/8"... I was thinking it would be at least 1/2"!) I came back ready to spend some money on hair toys! lol Oh, and I have lost 30 lbs since since giving birth dec 2013 (maybe about 20lbs since the first picture?) I need to buckle down so I can say the same on my second anniversary post next year!

Oct - started playing with color

Nov - changed to a dark purple. I wore the wrong colored shirt, so i changed the brightness and contract so you can see the length.

I missed Dec, but here is Today. I now have a mix of purple, blue and teal going on (personally I think it looks way cooler than I have been able to capture on photos.) I measured myself, so I could be off. I errored on the short side, though. I started at 25.25" and am now at 32.75" which gives me 7.5" of growth this year! After a few months of great post pregnancy growth, I went back to average of 1/2" growth.

2015 goals:
    1. No trimming! (and hit BCL!!!)
    2. Let the color on my tips fade
    3. Have fun with color on the underside!
    4. Expand the buns I know how to do (when length lets me. I am soooo close to being able to do a couple new ones!)
    5. Work on my picture taking and photoshopping skills! (aka, better presentation.)
    6. Moar toys! (within budget)

eta: this shows the color a bit better.... still working on goal #5! lol
    Last edited by Rushli; January 14th, 2015 at 02:24 PM.

June 2022 chopped back to WL (33”)
    Fixing autoimmune issues, insulin resistance, mental health and inflammation with the bonus of losing 80 pounds (60+ to go) and growing stronger hair and nails.

Dr. Technicolor DreamBuns pastina's Avatar
    Length
    ?/BSL/dunno
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Default Re: My first year at LHC

i bet you know this, but i really love your current color <3 congrats on the anniversary!!

Length
    Chin/WL/TBL?
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I love the colors on your ends!! Congrats on your hairiversary!!

SL ~ APL
    ~ BSL ~ MB abyss ~ WL ~ HIP ~ TB?
    minor trims to thicken ends before traipsing on toward HIP!

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Awesome hair journey! Your hair looks beautiful, good luck with your goals for this year

Length
    SL/33/50
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Thanks Pastina,velorutionsta, and begrmot!

June 2022 chopped back to WL (33”)
    Fixing autoimmune issues, insulin resistance, mental health and inflammation with the bonus of losing 80 pounds (60+ to go) and growing stronger hair and nails.

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Congratulations and happy growing.

ChL-SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HBL-TBL ........

"When it rains, everything grows..."

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Nice. Love the dyed ends.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    24/31/37
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Lovely color! Congrats!

You've had some great growth this year, well done I LOVE your colored ends. So awesome!

Length
    chin/apl/waist
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Your hair has grown a lot, it looks really healthy and full of life. Hope you reach you goal this year