Thread: Low Damage Blow Dry

Length
    15/20/30
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Low Damage Blow Dry

I love how blow dried hair looks but hate the damage, so a couple of nights ago I put coconut oil in my hair after my shower, and blow dried on low heat, and used the cool button 98% of the time.

My hair was silky, shiny, and straight. It has been tangling less, and I've lost less hair in shedding the past couple of days.

I think I may keep doing this because I really like the result and there is almost NO heat damage, I may do it once or twice a week.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g4...oolblowdry.jpg

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Default Re: Low Damage Blow Dry

Oh wow! Your hair is gorgeous!

I actually went and bought a hairdryer today, so that I can blow-dry my hair straight. Any tips?
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Type
    1c/F/ii

Love it! I do similar for my blow dries. I highly doubt there is any damage, and it keeps my hair from tangling. Yours looks phenomenal.

Length
    15/20/30
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Aww thanks for the compliments!

Amber Maiden: when I do my hair I part it with my fingers first to be gentle, then I combed through it with a wide toothed comb. After that I used a finger dab of the coconut oil on each side (pulled over each shoulder toward the front, equally). I use a paddle brush (the square kind) people usually recommend the ones with vents but my current one does not have them. I usually blow dry three ways, my brushing my hair straight down and running the dryer just above it, I also push my brush underneath my hair (bristles facing out) and blow dry with the dryer parallel to my brush. I will also every couple of minutes use just my fingers to smooth my hair and continue drying normally. I dry on each side, and use my fingers to dry the back since it's hard to use a brush back there and not get it tangled!

That's all I do and it worked out great! Hope it works good for you.

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieP3 View Post
    Aww thanks for the compliments!

Amber Maiden: when I do my hair I part it with my fingers first to be gentle, then I combed through it with a wide toothed comb. After that I used a finger dab of the coconut oil on each side (pulled over each shoulder toward the front, equally). I use a paddle brush (the square kind) people usually recommend the ones with vents but my current one does not have them. I usually blow dry three ways, my brushing my hair straight down and running the dryer just above it, I also push my brush underneath my hair (bristles facing out) and blow dry with the dryer parallel to my brush. I will also every couple of minutes use just my fingers to smooth my hair and continue drying normally. I dry on each side, and use my fingers to dry the back since it's hard to use a brush back there and not get it tangled!

That's all I do and it worked out great! Hope it works good for you.
    Thank you!
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    15/20/30
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

You're welcome, I hope I made sense.

Length
    28/30/Tail
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

That's such a wonderful idea. I had a "curly blow dry" at a salon once and loved the way it looked. But I steered away from doing it myself in fear of damaging my hair.

I'm definitely going to buy a good blow dryer with a cold setting and try this out - any recommendations for good quality blow dryers?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Helenae View Post
    I'm definitely going to buy a good blow dryer with a cold setting and try this out - any recommendations for good quality blow dryers?
    Any blow dryer with multiple speed & multiple heat settings will do. Just make sure those are separate buttons (one for speed, one for heat settings). And of course a cool shot feature. That's all.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)