Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Server time out, Server not responding ---Totally locked out as of a couple days ago!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Server time out, Server not responding ---Totally locked out as of a couple days

When people say WiFi (that's newspeak for ethernet / aka landline right LOL). I know, I'm oldschool. So that means people can't access from their home environment.

It's just weird that everyone has to go mobile (and possibly over mobile data), when the site is very difficult to traverse via mobile (tried as a guest one time).

Can everyone that has to go mobile or just normally goes mobile check that their WiFi works at home or not? I for one am curious who else is involved.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Default Re: Server time out, Server not responding ---Totally locked out as of a couple days

We are missing some folks in this thread who don't have mobile service too and some who are trickling in who had thought the site was just down. And yes, we have several people who are only able to access from mobile data, but not their home connections, which are otherwise working normally. (To simplify - this is basically doing the same thing as you are doing with a proxy.)

You've actually hit upon something that was really puzzling me at first too! These forums are notoriously bad to access on mobile, but it also turned out to be a good symptom to figuring out what was wrong. I just wish it was something I could fix from here. Now we too are waiting for a response.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Chromis View Post
    We are missing some folks in this thread who don't have mobile service too and some who are trickling in who had thought the site was just down. And yes, we have several people who are only able to access from mobile data, but not their home connections, which are otherwise working normally. (To simplify - this is basically doing the same thing as you are doing with a proxy.)

You've actually hit upon something that was really puzzling me at first too! These forums are notoriously bad to access on mobile, but it also turned out to be a good symptom to figuring out what was wrong. I just wish it was something I could fix from here. Now we too are waiting for a response.
    Aw man I really feel for you guys. You are stuck between a rock and a hard place, for real.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

OK, whatever I try. I try proxy servers, one works, then stops working, say it uses port 80, then once it stops working I noticed all the proxies I use, no matter what country, on that same port, stop working. I pick another port, it works, for a while. Then that stops working. I choose a proxy with that same port, try them all with that same port. They do not work. I pick yet another port, that works, stops working and again all the proxies using that same port stop working, so on and so forth. Now isn't that... just *odd*? That seems almost purposeful. Like I said, the LHC server seems to be alive and kicking. Kicking in the true sense.

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

You are using public proxies, yes? Have you looked up any of them to see if they are blacklisted? That could be your problem.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post
    You are using public proxies, yes? Have you looked up any of them to see if they are blacklisted? That could be your problem.
    Nope that's not the case. It's just odd that I've noticed.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Yeah I use the full site on my mobile because the mobile site is extremely difficult to use and loses a ton of functionality, but using full site on a phone is really fiddly to actually interact
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    Yeah I use the full site on my mobile because the mobile site is extremely difficult to use and loses a ton of functionality, but using full site on a phone is really fiddly to actually interact
    Spoons, try ProxySite.com you will have to log in again, and it will return an error message, but then just go back in your browser to the page where you entered your PWD and then reload the page. If this one stops working, then... I'll draw my conclusions. Will I go? Nope.

Type
    2c/M/C/iii

I've been unable to reach the site since 1/19. We have a Facebook page and we're on Ravelry. I have an address for the backup boards somewhere on my laptop, but I'm now on my phone.

I miss everyone!

Type
    2c/M/C/iii

I must use my mobile service to post. I cannot access through my home network.