Page 66 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Herbal Essences products

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Herbal Essences products

Unfortunately, I will be taking a break from Hello Hydration. I have developed a sudden, strange case of rash in many places on my body and the first suspect, as it is probably the strongest allergen in the products I use, is methylisothiazolinone, which, of my products, is only found in HH. The rash appears as red spots (not necessarily bumpy) that are mildly itchy. So far I haven't seen it on my scalp nor is my scalp itchy, but it appears in different spots on my body: wrists, next to armpits on the front side and between my thighs. It always flares up after I wash my hair (and I've used HH a lot recently). I have used HH a lot longer than the rash has been around, but maybe it has to do with me washing my hair every 2 days now rather than 3, and I leave my conditioners on for quite a long time.

Anyway, time will tell if it goes away during my HH break. I will probably be seeing a doctor about it at some point anyway. I have taken photos of the rash.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    Unfortunately, I will be taking a break from Hello Hydration. I have developed a sudden, strange case of rash in many places on my body and the first suspect, as it is probably the strongest allergen in the products I use, is methylisothiazolinone, which, of my products, is only found in HH. The rash appears as red spots (not necessarily bumpy) that are mildly itchy. So far I haven't seen it on my scalp nor is my scalp itchy, but it appears in different spots on my body: wrists, next to armpits on the front side and between my thighs. It always flares up after I wash my hair (and I've used HH a lot recently). I have used HH a lot longer than the rash has been around, but maybe it has to do with me washing my hair every 2 days now rather than 3, and I leave my conditioners on for quite a long time.

Anyway, time will tell if it goes away during my HH break. I will probably be seeing a doctor about it at some point anyway. I have taken photos of the rash.
    OMG that's terrible! Maybe try putting a little bit of HH on your wrist as a patch test, see how you fare, to make sure. It will be something you can bring to the doctor as proof of "it's something in that product"!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    OMG that's terrible! Maybe try putting a little bit of HH on your wrist as a patch test, see how you fare, to make sure. It will be something you can bring to the doctor as proof of "it's something in that product"!
    That's a good idea! Thank you!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    That's a good idea! Thank you!
    Hope your entire wrist doesn't break out in a rash, though. Or maybe test all your conditioners that you have used recently, in the same way. Maybe use your other wrist to test out your other mask/conditioner, if there is one.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Hope your entire wrist doesn't break out in a rash, though. Or maybe test all your conditioners that you have used recently, in the same way. Maybe use your other wrist to test out your other mask/conditioner, if there is one.
    I think first I will see if the rash subsides when I retire HH for now. Then, without a rash base, I will try to get it back "under controlled circumstances". I will go through each product I've used lately.

I can see it's no longer flaring though. Much calmer now. It's soon been 24 hours since I washed my hair again - this is the pattern I spotted earlier, too. Should be easy enough to test by eliminating products!

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I purchased the Herbal Essence Color Me Happy Conditioner and the Smooth Collection Condiitoner 2 days ago at Walmart. I'm looking forward to mixing them with my water and oil as a leave-in product!

Length
    None/HL/FL
    Type
    3c/C/iii

I like Herbal Essences Honey I’m Strong Shampoo and Conditioner.

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Has anyone tried the Renew line’s Coconut Milk mask or conditioner?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

We don't have any HE in stores here anymore, not that I can see; not in Colruyt (big bulk store), not in KV (Kruidvat). It's totally gone off the market here. I can order from The Netherlands (where they do still have it), but it's only the new line.

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

We don't have any HE in stores here anymore, not that I can see; not in Colruyt (big bulk store), not in KV (Kruidvat). It's totally gone off the market here. I can order from The Netherlands (where they do still have it), but it's only the new line.
    It’s still available in DM (Germany) and Leclerc (France). Might be at Auchan here too (LUX, FR). If I like it I think I’ll stock up when I go to Belgium D: