Page 599 of 1331 FirstFirst ... 994995495895975985996006016096496991099 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 13306

Thread: The braid picture thread

Length
    NS/38/CL
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: The braid picture thread

Wow, Becs, amazing braiding!
    ~Jennwith4
    "SMILE! People will think you're up to something."
    BCL - TBL - CL - MTL - KL

Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Becs View Post
    PrincessBob I too must echo the sentiments of previous commenters and say that your hair is absolutely lovely!!

Also, I have a new braid to share. I have tried it before and been unsuccessful, but I finally got it! It is a 9 strand braid with 5 strands of hair and 4 of ribbon. I am thinking that the next time I try it I will do the colors of each Hogwarts house, as since there are 4 ribbons per braid and I have two braids, there would be just enough ribbons to accommodate the 2 colors of each of the 4 Hogwarts houses (yes I am a huuuuge Harry Potter nerd haha )
    Your multi strand braids (with ribbons too!) are amazing, Becs. Can you also do them behind your head as well? However you do them, you have ultra dexterity...and tons of patience!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Caraid♫ View Post
    So I tried the tutorial above on the Hawser braid- not as impressive as hers or PrincessBob's version, but it still worked!
    Pretty!!!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Pixie/BCL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Thanks everyone . Madora, I can do up to 5 strands behind my head (I've never tried any more than that), but I prefer not to. This is because my hair likes to braid/tangle itself together at the bottom when I braid behind my back, but when I braid in front of myself I can comb through the strands and keep them separate from each other which makes my life much easier

The Bookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Residence, The Lady of the House Speaking!
    Length
    30"/38.5"/48"
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Wow, Ilax...your hair is GLORIOUS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilax View Post
    Becs each braid is a masterpiece!

My simple braid

Becs your braiding talent is truly amazing!!! Thank you for the inspiring pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Becs View Post
    DakarNick, this picture still isn't suuper far away, but it's the best I have that just shows the braids hanging down (sorry it's a tad blurry)
    Last edited by Gumball; August 11th, 2014 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Combined posts into multi-quote. See http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=43281 for details.
    Lady Tailtiu of the Emerald Moors in the Order of the Long Haired Knights // GaelStorm - My Photo Album

Length
    shag/waist/clssc
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Becs you are my braid inspiration! That looks amazing.

As soon as my hair gets long enough I'm buying ribbon and learning how to do those. How do you make the ribbon the right length? Do you cut it off at the end or tie it in somehow?

Chin-Shoulder-APL
    -BSL-Waist-Hip-Classic

No Trim 2017!

Length
    Pixie/BCL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Thank you Fericera. To answer your question about ribbon length: When I am going to do a braid with new ribbons, I cut the ribbons really long to ensure they will be long enough, as I can always cut length off the ribbons but I can't add length on if they're too short to begin with. I then fold them in half and tie them in (for english pigtail braids I tie the ribbons to a small section of hair near my ear.) I then braid down my length and secure the braids with a hair elastic. I then cut the excess ribbon off, but I usually leave a couple inches of ribbon hanging down past the ends of my hair because the exact same braid can sometimes eat up more length just depending on where the ribbon is placed, how loosely or tightly it is done, etc. Also, leaving a bit extra allows me to use the same ribbons even when my hair has grown a bit. One slightly annoying thing with ribbon length though is that I need different lengths of ribbon for all the different ribbon braids I do. For example, the ribbons I use for a 5 strand are too short for a 7 strand.

lapushka, that is gorgeous!

Becs.. jaw floor! Gorgeous!!

Length
    19"/hip/50"
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Becs, those braids are incredible! They would definitely take way more patience and skill than I'm ever likely to have!