Page 58 of 121 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: The official 2-week rule thread!

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Default Re: The official 2-week rule thread!

Or you could dye it with a brown toner to match the rest of your hair?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    If that's an option, I would go for this! Like a brown glaze or something like that.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jane_marie View Post
    I don't know if this is a big enough change to be two week rule worthy or not but...

I have a slight green undertone to my hair in real life and it bothers me. For the last month or so I have been considering neutralizing the green shade with a pink semi mixed into my conditioner. I have managed to stave off the longing by experimenting with curly girl techniques but wearing my hair in a bun flattens out my waves anyway... so, I'm not sure avoiding the cones that are in my semi matters too much.

I'll give it a couple of weeks to think about it. In the meantime, does anyone have any thoughts on the matter?
    A deposit-only mixed in with conditioner sounds like the lowest-commitment colouring option, as well as completely damage-free. Have you tried that method before (with any colours) and already know how long it might last on your hair?

I didn't think Manic Panic contained silicones, btw - it was the only deposit-only dye I found that didn't. Unless the formula is different in the US
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    If that's an option, I would go for this! Like a brown glaze or something like that.
    Unfortunately color correction doesn't really work like that. If you put a brown over a brownish green you will end up with a darker brownish green. You have to use a color that contrasts with the shade you are trying to tone out. That's why I was thinking pink. The henna does provide an issue though because, as EP it could enhance the red in some lights... it could even make the ends a salmon in certain lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    A deposit-only mixed in with conditioner sounds like the lowest-commitment colouring option, as well as completely damage-free. Have you tried that method before (with any colours) and already know how long it might last on your hair?

I didn't think Manic Panic contained silicones, btw - it was the only deposit-only dye I found that didn't. Unless the formula is different in the US
    I have done the conditioner and semi method many times. It's something I used to suggest to clients when they did fantasy shades to keep it nice and vibrant way way back when I did hair.

I had no idea that Manic Panic was silicone free! Thank you for the info! That certainly increases the likelihood of me going for it.

Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

FWIW if I went with Manic Panic I would probably use cotton candy pink which seems to go brown on darker blonde hair according to their pictograph.

link because the image is obnoxiously huge ---> https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/00...g?v=1598044997

I feel like if it ended up pulling to a "rose brown" it would be acceptable though not preferred.
    Last edited by jane_marie; August 23rd, 2020 at 10:44 AM. Reason: image issues

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Hopefully it turns out how you want!

Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Hopefully it turns out how you want!
    Thanks Bat! Hopefully I can just learn to live with it as is but it seems like I have been trying that for months. I can't tell you how annoyed I am with the fact that the black semi (which should have washed out in a little over a month has managed to stick around for 5 months now.

Length
    CBL/WL/FTL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Thanks Bat! Hopefully I can just learn to live with it as is but it seems like I have been trying that for months. I can't tell you how annoyed I am with the fact that the black semi (which should have washed out in a little over a month has managed to stick around for 5 months now.
    How far up does the green tinge go? Would it be cut off anytime soon? If not, I'd probably try to correct it - using a pink semi would probably work.

Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Aerya View Post
    How far up does the green tinge go? Would it be cut off anytime soon? If not, I'd probably try to correct it - using a pink semi would probably work.
    I just had 5 inches of it cut in... May? According to my SO I still have about 4 inches of it left. I'm hoping to not have another trim until the end of the year. I'm about two inches from waist and would prefer to get there by 2021.

Typing that out makes me realize how silly it is that I am so deeply bothered by the coloration of the bottom 4" of my hair. :eyeroll:

I don't know what to say in defense of that. I have tried very hard to just ignore it. I guess I am who I am.
    Last edited by jane_marie; August 23rd, 2020 at 11:37 AM. Reason: eta

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

FWIW if I went with Manic Panic I would probably use cotton candy pink which seems to go brown on darker blonde hair according to their pictograph.

link because the image is obnoxiously huge ---> https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/00...g?v=1598044997

I feel like if it ended up pulling to a "rose brown" it would be acceptable though not preferred.
    I actually really like that rose brown shade and now I'm kind of tempted to put that color in my hair

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights