Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Fermented Rice Water

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Fermented Rice Water

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    No, this is the first time and I've used orange peels before. I'm thinking that it has to be the weather.
    It's weird if it's only happend once I think that you just have to try again and see what happens.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

I’m pretty new to FRW and I’m not sure if I’m making it right, I’ve seen so many diff recipes. As of now I have
    1. Drained out rice water into a mason jar and put in orange peels
    2.leave it for 2-3 days until it fizzes. A white film on the bottom starts to form
    3. I mix it with water to wash my hair in and I soak for about 30 min once or twice a week. I put it on my face too

I’m wondering how long this batch stays good for. Do I make a new one every time? Does it go bad and do I need to refrigerate it or boil it?

I’ve just been laying it out on the counter and see some people say it goes bad and sometimes people say no. Or that they boil it to stop fermenting or put it in the fridge

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I love fermented rice water.
    Use to use it daily and would keep some in a spray bottle to leave in but it dried my pretty bad. I discontinued use for a while and eventually decided on once a month or so or every few months.

What I do is rinse my rice a little and pour in a large jar, add orange peel if I have it handy, fill with warm water. Tightly close the lid.
    I Place in the back of a cupboard for a few days until the lid on the jar has popped up. If I forget and let sit more then 10 days I discard.
    I warm some water in the stove and place the jar in until it warms so I don't have to poor cold water on my head.
    It stinks, so I open away from my nose and with the window open so the hubby doesn't complain. He thinks I'm crazy putting weird stuff in my hair especially if it stinks.

I strain through a cheese cloth and use the rice one more time.
    Using a smallish plastic storage bin that I keep my hair products in, I poor over my head. Then use my hands or and color applicator bottle to poor on my head over and over again unit I I'm satisfied.
    Wring out gently and let sit a few minutes. Then Shampoo and conditioner as normal. I use in remaining water in a bath. My feels stronger. Overusing had only made it dry.

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    Has anyone had problems with mold in their rice water? Lately, I've boiled the water with orange rinds and then let it sit for about five days to ferment. I live in a basement so it usually takes that long. I looked my latest batch yesterday (after three days of sitting) and it was covered in white round mold! I'm wondering if it's because of warmer temperatures or if I did something wrong/different this time.
    Possibly the jar is not tightly sealed.
    I have had this problem only after forgetting under the sink for many months trying to hide it from husband.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Here's a nice and realistic view on rice water (video). It says that if you have *serious* issues such as pattern hair loss, it is not going to cure that, OTOH it has a ton of nice elements in it for the scalp & also hair:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpRre1a7Zfg
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by BleachedBerry View Post
    I have had this problem only after forgetting under the sink for many months trying to hide it from husband.
    It could be. I'll try a different container next time.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by BleachedBerry View Post
    I only ferment mine for two days, but I do it in a open container.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

In my restless dreams, I see that town...
    Length
    12/hip/Thigh
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I've been doing the rice water thing for about three weeks and one thing I've noticed - my hair doesn't break when I put it up in a scrunchie anymore. No matter how careful I was I always had two or three broken hairs wrapped around the scrunchie. Now I don't have any and I'm officially a rice water believer.
    Hovering at hip this year! Hip hip hooray!

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I've driven myself batty reading everything I could about rice water for hair and skin. I started using it last week. I used basmati rice (all I had), about a cup rinsed then put in a large mason jar and filled with regular tap water. I used it after 48 hours and still have more left. The smell is stronger, but not bad-I happen to like the fragrance of basmati, and it isn't too sour yet. My skin loves it! Hair-not sure, still experimenting. So many people say it detangles, but not for me-I have been trying with it in my hair, alone or under conditioner, but maybe I need to rinse it out before detangling? Any suggestions? Maybe I will use it to cleanse instead of as a rinse...

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I would be willing to give it a go; not going to DIY it any time soon though.

So if anyone has recommendations for products that contain this ingredient (it also appears to be great for the face, apparently), then go right ahead, I would love to hear about it!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)