Page 400 of 415 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 4150

Thread: Monistat... dare we start this again

Default Re: Monistat... dare we start this again

I thought monistat worked so that it got rid of fungus... Because fungus can slow down hair growth, that's why people have such success with it. I probably won't use it myself, because it is a medicine and your body might get used to it if you use it too much, or I might try it in the future if I'm ever desperate enough (or its alternatives at least ).

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by bunneh. View Post
    I thought monistat worked so that it got rid of fungus... Because fungus can slow down hair growth, that's why people have such success with it. I probably won't use it myself, because it is a medicine and your body might get used to it if you use it too much, or I might try it in the future if I'm ever desperate enough (or its alternatives at least ).
    Exactly why I never do stuff like this. I think it's... not that smart. I have SD, I could do this, but I prefer using an anti-fungal shampoo, which probably would work equally as well as rubbing a cream all over your scalp.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

lapushka just out of curiosity: have you noticed any more hair growth after using the anti-fungal shampoo? I'm guessing that since it's anti fungal, it most likely gets rid of fungus, thus working similarily as monistat and might increase growth even if it's minimal...

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by bunneh. View Post
    lapushka just out of curiosity: have you noticed any more hair growth after using the anti-fungal shampoo? I'm guessing that since it's anti fungal, it most likely gets rid of fungus, thus working similarily as monistat and might increase growth even if it's minimal...
    Nope. Not one bit. And same with the inversion method (my hair gets washed upside down, so I'm upside down for 10-15 min.). Does *zip*. Still half an inch a month. I never got these hair growth stimulants. Plenty of people want long hair *fast*, and that's all they care about. Once they reach it, snip it all goes off. I just don't get the fickleness. Growing hair takes patience, and it's a *journey*. Once that clicks, that's half the battle.

That's true, based on my roots I grew 0.6 inches in a month since I've done henna but I'm sure it grows at different rates in different months and it's winter here and I heard hair grows more in summer so I'm excited to see how much it grows then. I'm not bothered by how much my hair grows per month but sometimes I wish it was just a teeny bit faster lol.

Length
    Pixie/Jaw/BSL
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I have SD and tried Monistat on my scalp a couple years ago as an SD treatment. Nothing else had worked so I figured I'd give it a go. Out of curiosity I checked to see if it made my hair grow faster. In my case it didn't help either my SD or my hair growth; I stayed right at my normal half inch per month growing out of a gross itchy scalp. I've since managed to get the SD under control, and now I'm somewhat curious to see if my growth rate is any different. Maybe one of these months I'll get around to measuring my growth. It won't be easy to measure anymore; I've stopped coloring so I can't just measure the roots.

Length
    22.5/27/30
    Type
    3c/M/ii/iii

I can see how the promise of growing hair faster would appeal to people but personally, I prefer to grow my hair naturally. Everyone has different growth rates that can slow down/speed up due to natural the changes in the body. Even after seeing so many testimonies, I still feel that people were just too quick to associate their progress with using Monistat. Regardless, good luck I to those who are using or considering this method.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

More on Monistat, Tea tree, etc. ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fW2p5AO6vw

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I have a question for you fellow monistat users...does your head itch after application? I've experimented with applying to freshly washed, drip drying hair as well as pre-wash scalp, and I've noticed I've had some itchies! I thought that by using an anti-fungal, if anything I'd have less itchiness. I'm not noticing an increase in shedding, and probably have a reduction in flakes, but I was curious. My forehead seems to be pretty dry lately so maybe it's a combination of the monistat and the weather?

Length
    SL/NL/BCL?
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic crusader View Post
    I have a question for you fellow monistat users...does your head itch after application? I've experimented with applying to freshly washed, drip drying hair as well as pre-wash scalp, and I've noticed I've had some itchies! I thought that by using an anti-fungal, if anything I'd have less itchiness. I'm not noticing an increase in shedding, and probably have a reduction in flakes, but I was curious. My forehead seems to be pretty dry lately so maybe it's a combination of the monistat and the weather?
    I experienced some itchiness, and I read that it's one of the initial side effects that you have to deal with. Some say it's because new hair is sprouting out.