Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: No-trimming 2019! First half only!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: No-trimming 2019! First half only!

Quote Originally Posted by illicitlizard View Post
    A year without a trim sounds great tbh. Maybe next year I'll attempt it...
    I'm finding that I reaaaaally want to trim (for no real reason other than habit) so this last little bit will be kinda difficult but not impossible. I can hardly wait til July 1, once that day comes I'm heading straight to the hairdresser!
    You can do it!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    18/25.75/36
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I've been doing this challenge by myself starting January. But I just joined LHC, and I'm excited to be doing the no trimming challenge with all of you! My hair is at my shoulders right now and my goal length is tailbone, so I'm hoping I gain some good length this year!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by sailormars View Post
    I've been doing this challenge by myself starting January. But I just joined LHC, and I'm excited to be doing the no trimming challenge with all of you! My hair is at my shoulders right now and my goal length is tailbone, so I'm hoping I gain some good length this year!
    Welcome!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    pixie/2/29
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Not much left of this challenge now! How's everyone doing?

When this challenge is over I'll have gone a year without a trim (I do prefer to trim twice a year and am even more sure of it now). I have no doubt that I'll make it to the end of the challenge, but never before have I looked forward to trim so much! I really want to thicken up my ends at the end of this challenge. 2-3 cm should be enough to do this.
    Wow, that's impressive. Not gonna lie, I've been struggling over here. But it's so worth the wait!
    🌙🥀 "Follow your inner moonlight; don't hide the madness." 🥀🌙
    Pixie [10.4.2022] WL [no set date]

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Wravyn View Post
    Wow, that's impressive. Not gonna lie, I've been struggling over here. But it's so worth the wait!
    Thank you! It sure is and it really isn't much left of this challenge! I just put my hair up and forget about it The challenge will be over before we know it!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I've been doing well and haven't been feeling like I want to trim, so all's good
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    buzz/tbl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Hi guys and well done to everyone who has got through urges to trim when you normally would have trimmed

I’ve been doing ok - I had a time about two weeks ago where I felt sure that an inch must come off at the end of this period, but now I’m feeling at peace with it again. Really time does change and heal ones perspective (along with a little oil!). My hair has been shown to re-split soon after cutting time and time again, so I’m learning to manage it and honour my hair’s own quirks, or “features” haha

Length
    SL/HL+/KL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I’ll be leaving the whole year challenge and joining the two halves as well. After more than one year without trims and past dye damage and layers my poor hair needs a little trim in June. Having fresh ends will feel really good and hopefully will make me not obsess over length so much.

Length
    APL/BCL/TBL
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

I'll be hitting a year with no trims come the end of this challenge also. I'm also looking forward to my trim. I'll get an appointment set up for July 1st too. Then onto the next. I'm getting really close to waist, only 2 inches to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyponies View Post
    My hair has been shown to re-split soon after cutting time and time again, so I’m learning to manage it and honour my hair’s own quirks, or “features” haha
    just check for any case if your scissors are the real reason for over and over again hair split soon after trimming.

I'm in small dilemma about trimming my hair just 0.5cm in July ( or even earlier). I really miss and want neat hemline, but I'm also aware that 0.5cm may not be enough to get nice result. For giving up of more then 0.5cm I'm not ready, it feels too much in this phase. I have few hair toys, but only one stays firm. I have no idea HOW to manage my hair, exept that I started to wash it every day, which is not a good thing I guess.