Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: At what length do you think/find that your hair is/would be unmanageable for you?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: At what length do you think/find that your hair is/would be unmanageable for you?

I think anything past classic might be off limits for me. But then again, ever since I got my hair layered (compact cut, ponytail on forehead) into short layers, length has been a lot easier to deal with over here. So... I might even make classic.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    shave/34.5/?
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

Default Re: At what length do you think/find that your hair is/would be unmanageable for you?

I want to find out what my terminal length is - for some reason - just see how far it will go but I have never imagined it would be past knee length. If it just gets to the point I cant really manipulate it and get it up on my own then I suppose I would have to stop - whatever length that is. I did cut short short about 15 years ago when I tore my rotator cuff in my right shoulder and could do nothing with my BSL hair so I guess health challenges could change my goals.

Length
    26/38/56
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

No idea - I am growing until I reach that point and suspect it will be around classic length for me but who knows, I might end up growing beyond that depending on how I feel when I get there!

Length
    shldr/shldr/?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I think I could handle any length but I don't necessarily want to. But I admit, I've become more interested in what my terminal length might be. Maybe around classic or thigh (probably with lots of taper). For some reason I can't even imagine longer. All I know my hair was still growing at tbl. I haven't even set any particular goal this time but I'd like to get past tbl. Maybe cut back to tbl if longer lengths aren't for me.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I haven't found it yet, but I'm only at tailbone. I don't know how I'd do with hair longer than my arms, but I imagine I'd adapt just fine. More likely, I'd get myself stuck in an office chair with wheels if my braid got long enough to catch in them and declare that my limit.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    17/45/40
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

I would consider my current length pretty unmanageable! It sits at wrist-level, just shy of classic, and it is definitely a lot of work especially if I want to wear it down. Wearing it up is the only way I can handle having long hair, but braiding it and styling it is utterly exhausting!

However, I still have this curiosity to see just how long it can grow before I reach terminal, so I'm just going to deal with it until then!

Length
    APL/APL/TBL!
    Type
    2a/M/iii

TBL would be difficult, and classic and beyond just seems impossible for me! Hip seems like a good goal length because it's still a very long length, but not completely unmanageable. Plus, if I went beyond hip my hair would take far too long to dry.... :/ And ew brushing out the tangles sounds like a nightmare.

Length
    MBL/to/HIP
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

For me, it would be the moment it gets caught in my jeans when I pull them up. My goal isn't for super long hair. It's for long hair that's healthy and fun for me to have. At solid hip I should be able to do most LHC styles and let my hair down on date night without it feeling like it's in the way.

Life's short...Buy the hair toy...

Length
    5/?/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I think when it becomes a pain to brush. Right now I'm hoping classic isn't going to be a problem, but I'm not sure I'd grow it much longer simply because I can't see myself brushing it properly and keeping it tangle free.
    "Goth Juice... The most powerful hairspray known to man. Made from the tears of Robert Smith." - Vince Noir

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Classic length became almost unbearable for me, more due to dried out ends than the length. If I could get there and beyond without Velcro ends, I think I'd be o.k. with it.