Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Removing the hair from my chin

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Removing the hair from my chin

Quote Originally Posted by cjk View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has suggested sugar wax. Pretty common approach and cheap to make at home.

There's also shaving or bleaching, and Magic Shave is a cream depilatory option.
    For peach fuzz? I just leave that stuff alone! Except for my blonde side-burns, they are like 0.5cm and the finest blonde hairs you ever saw, but they somehow are a little annoying when applying moisturizer. I "ladyshave" them off my face. Electric razor.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    For peach fuzz? I just leave that stuff alone! Except for my blonde side-burns.
    All else being equal, I'd agree. But the chin fuzz is obviously causing her some degree of distress. And I did mention sugar wax, the classic DIY approach.

Besides, I'm not sure she'd like the approach I took with the hairs on MY chin!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

All else being equal, I'd agree. But the chin fuzz is obviously causing her some degree of distress. And I did mention sugar wax, the classic DIY approach.

Let it grow, let it grow, let it grow. Falalalala lala lala.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    APL/WL/TBD
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Ah peach fuzz... I personally shave mine off I wear makeup daily and like having a really smooth base for it. It doesn't grow back darker or thicker, it comes back as the same blonde fuzzies.

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers, or you can grow weeds.
    Lady Scarlette, Traveler of the Road to Dawn in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Crotchety Pastry GrowlingCupcake's Avatar
    Length
    15/21.5/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by illicitlizard View Post
    I agree with most of this, 'cept for going to a professional to get waxed/threaded. It's really freaking easy to do at home. I prefer threading as it irritates my skin less. Or plucking if it's only a few stray hairs.
    I will say though, peach fuzz is entirely normal so it's not like you actually HAVE to remove it. Pretty sure no-one but your friends are even going to notice it in passing.
    True; if you're comfortable doing it on your own, you don't have to go to a professional.

Quote Originally Posted by vampyyri View Post
    Ah peach fuzz... I personally shave mine off I wear makeup daily and like having a really smooth base for it. It doesn't grow back darker or thicker, it comes back as the same blonde fuzzies.
    I used to do that for the same reason when I wore makeup more often. Now, I still don't like peach fuzz, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it. I really need to work up the ambition to deal with the peach fuzz, and body hair (I hate body hair).
    Big chop - 18th August 2021
    SL/15 - CLB/17 - APL/21 - MBL/26 - WL/30 - HL/32 - BCL/36 - TBL/40 - CL/45
    Measuring unstretched because flexibility is dumb.

Length
    Chin/SL/WL+
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

It doesn't cause distress to the OP! It causes distress to some (rather mean and ill-mannered, actually) friend of hers. People can be mean, but you don't have to waste your time and money just to please them. Next time that friend could say that the OP should go bald - and so what?

I don't think that the peach fuzz is worth fighting with, everyone has it! There are even some stories about Marilyn Monroe's peach fuzz... And long, coarse and dark hairs are a different story entirely - and all the hair removal methods are directed to them. I have 1 dark hair on my chin that I remove with tweezers, and don't touch anything else.
    Chin | SL | APL | BSL | WL
    Trying yet again since 13 September 2020
    Scrunchies are a girl's best friend!

Length
    SL/HL+/KL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by vampyyri View Post
    Wish I could shave any part of my body really haha. I have dark hair and fair skin and shaving will cause lots of long coarse black hairs to grow back with a vengeance, plus the ingrowns are terrible. That’s another good thing about being blonde for you guys!

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I think leave them be.

They look completely normal. I have soft fuzzy "fur" all over my face, but i ain't shaving my face lol. If someone doesn't like it, then that's on them, not me.

Also i am always in awe how people manage to be so meticulous as to notice such things on others. Maybe i am just completely oblivious to anything other than the beauty of people's hair, eyes and overall (natural) looks.
    Last edited by Stray_mind; December 20th, 2018 at 05:48 AM.

ChL-SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HBL-TBL ........

"When it rains, everything grows..."

Length
    36/30/n/a
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I realized a long time ago that whatever it is that enables me to grow such thick, dark hair on my head also makes it grow on my face, my legs...I wish I could bottle it and sell it to bald guys! I'd be rich. Anyway, I invested in a really good pair of tweezers and I pull the dark, coarse ones out of my chin, upper lip and eyebrows every day. The peachfuzz I just leave and don't worry about it. But if I didn't tweeze I'd look like a man in a few days. I used to use an electric gadget made by Remington for my chin that pulled the hairs out en masse, but it was painful and eventually I went back to tweezers.

Whatever works for you is best, but I wouldn't let my friends decide for me.

Length
    SL/HL+/KL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Stray_mind View Post
    I think leave them be.

They look completely normal. I have soft fuzzy "fur" all over my face, but i ain't shaving my face lol. If someone doesn't like it, then that's on them, not me.

Also i am always in awe how people manage to be so meticulous as to notice such things on others. Maybe i am just completely oblivious to anything other than the beauty of people's hair, eyes and overall (natural) looks.
    I'm the same, can't understand why some people focus so much on other's "imperfections", I guess it's something about being superficial that will make them see their own flaws a lot more, so it's sad for many reasons :/

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenbirds View Post
    I realized a long time ago that whatever it is that enables me to grow such thick, dark hair on my head also makes it grow on my face, my legs...I wish I could bottle it and sell it to bald guys! I'd be rich. Anyway, I invested in a really good pair of tweezers and I pull the dark, coarse ones out of my chin, upper lip and eyebrows every day. The peachfuzz I just leave and don't worry about it. But if I didn't tweeze I'd look like a man in a few days. I used to use an electric gadget made by Remington for my chin that pulled the hairs out en masse, but it was painful and eventually I went back to tweezers.

Whatever works for you is best, but I wouldn't let my friends decide for me.
    I used my epilady on my face as well, but as I removed the peachfuzz I started having more and more black hairs so I went back to the tweezers and it's better this way, although if I neglect it for too long I'll have to invest a good 15 minutes to remove all the hairs.