Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weird combo of hair types! Does anyone have the same thing?

Type
    3b/3c/F/iii

Default Re: Weird combo of hair types! Does anyone have the same thing?

Okay... Your hair def doesn't look straight, more like wavy.
    Cut off tailbone hair to bob <3
    ...and then buzzed my hair off.
    I work here: mobilny dietetyk gliwice

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by dianabla View Post
    Lch

Shelomit I think acv rinse does a lot for my hair, for example it is much easier to comb or brush. I use 1 dl of acv (0,5 cups) and then 6-8 dl of water (2-3 cups) and some lavender oil to mask the smell😊 I hope it works for you

That closeup photo looks veeeeeery familiar to me, lol! In my experience those sections are also much coarser than my overall fine-to-medium hair. I'll be sure to try the rinse!

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Oh! Those different hairs aren't type 4 but are they coarser than the others, a bit wiry, and usually kinky/wavy/curly? If so, that's *totally* normal and many of us have them. I have a couple of spots on my scalp too that produce exclusively those hairs, as well as random ones throughout the rest of my hair. Mine are usually darker than the rest too.

Jojoba oil is very much like sebum, and the chemical composition is such that (I think) about half may penetrate the hair and about half coats the hair; some people swear by it and for others it doesn't do much. Coconut oil seems to be the Marmite of the oil world - it's a miracle product for some but for others it's the worst oil they could choose. You could try sweet almond (or just 'almond' - bitter almond oil is very clearly labelled if it's sold at all), sunflower, olive, any plant oil really but those are the cheaper ones I can think of off the top of my head, and they'd be good for mixing with castor oil too. You could even just have a look for whatever's cheap, maybe in the cooking aisle of the supermarket, and try whatever you want - the great thing with trying cooking oils is that if your hair really doesn't like it you can still use it up anyway
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    Oh! Those different hairs aren't type 4 but are they coarser than the others, a bit wiry, and usually kinky/wavy/curly? If so, that's *totally* normal and many of us have them. I have a couple of spots on my scalp too that produce exclusively those hairs, as well as random ones throughout the rest of my hair. Mine are usually darker than the rest too.
    ^^Totally agree; I have them too. I have a spot on the back of my head that grows a tiny mole and right next to it is a coarse, wiry, deep black 4c hair. No joke!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    30/32/37
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

How funny that you have them too. I have several sections, some pretty big. But my camera and my hair did not want me to show any of them.

Thank you Musicalspoons for the help. I do have some almond oil at home that I use as babyoil for my little girl, I will try it next time. I tried CO-wash last time and plopping, but I think I over moisturized because it never looked clean after and the curls were to heavy. But I will keep trying! I did get a compliment om my curls so that was fun.

I'm so glad I joined so that I can get new ideas and tips for my hair care. I love experimenting!

Length
    30/32/37
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

Third wash using the curly girl method. Definitely need a gel but it’s crazy how curly it is now!

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Dramatic change, wow!

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Wowsers! I mean, I'd have guessed your potential hairtype was around 2b, and I'm not saying that's a hairtyping pic there (depends if you styled it, I'm assuming you did?) but if that's after only the *third* CG wash, you may well end up with naturally 2c or even more texture even *without* styling, given time. What an amazing transformation!
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    APL/TBL/Long
    Type
    2a/M/iii

That is a really dramatic change! So pretty Makes me want to go back to full CG again to see if it helps my wurly hair

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by dianabla View Post
    Third wash using the curly girl method. Definitely need a gel but it’s crazy how curly it is now!
    That's awesome.

I usually use either a leave-in + gel + a serum or oil. Or a curling cream + gel + a serum or oil. I mostly use a serum. I don't use a lot of product per layer, just about 2 dollops (fingertip's worth when you dig in), so about 2 coin sizes flattened.

Do beware not to use more gel than cream/leave-in, because otherwise it can get crunchy, if that's not what you're going for.

Also, mix the leave-in + gel or cream + gel in the palm of your hand first. If it curdles, it's going to flake in your hair! So do that test before you put it all in your hair, because you can go re-wash if you do that!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)