Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please help me! Hair crisis!

Default Re: Please help me! Hair crisis!

I'm not so much worried about the length as I am the color. I don't want to keep dying my hair I want my natural color back. I was just hoping someone could get it close enough like my last hair disaster experience and I can let it grow. I have no desire to be blonde or dark or anything aside from my natural. When I originally went in I wanted to leave my natural color because I love it I just wanted subtle balayage at the ends to enhance it a bit...instead she foil highlighted my whole head to a yellow blonde and I was mortified. I have been trying to get that fixed since then and I have gotten further away from my goal because the hair dressers insist they can do something that they can not. I have taken pictures of myself, my desired color, had 45 minute consultations asking many questions and each one tells me what they think I want to hear and then messes my hair up even more. I would rather them be honest about what can and can't be done as opposed to saying oh yes we can get you to your natural color and then do the complete opposite.

Length
    17/45/40
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

Oh no! That sounds horrible! I know you said you don't trust the first place, but depending on how long it has been, they should offer to fix it for you for free...even though you said money wasn't an issue either, it's still the principal of it.

I've never been to a salon for a "professional" dye because I never trusted them for the reasons you've listed! I'd recommend doing a color remover first just to remove the orange tones and then giving it a day before coloring it with a slightly darker ash brown because it will fade over time to a lighter color. The last hair dye mistake I had involved going a very dark red - think black with reddish tints - and it was not the color I wanted at all! I ended up doing a bleach wash (also do not recommend) and then coloring over it with a brown that closely matched my roots. Once that faded a bit, I turned to henna because unlike you, I did want a reddish tint to my hair.

I'd suggest shopping around a bit, seeing what some stylists say, then doing your own research online before taking the plunge. Best of luck to you!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

French and dutch braids look fabulous with multiple colors. You might try that until you find a solution to your color woes.

Thank you so much! This has been the worst hair experience of my life. If and when I can get it fixed I will never let another hair dresser touch my hair. I was thinking of using a color remover as well but wasn't sure because it will bring back all the blonde and I wouldn't know what color to put over it so it doesn't turn off colors. I need a miracle to save this hair lol

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I think deposit only would be a great place to start because they don't damage hair. Make the first rinse a weak vinegar solution and the color will last longer.

I really just want to have one process done and then leave it...semis and demis fade and tend to look blotchy as they fade (at least in my experience) and I don't want to keep dying my hair. If I had known that going in for subtle balayage would bring me back to the same spot I was in 8 years ago I never would have done it. Are color removers damaging?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

OK, saw the pictures. I honestly don't see what the fuss is about. Apart from maybe streaks that are a little too wide. But it's barely a difference in color right now. It would be perfect to grow out on its own. It's a very pretty color, IMMHO. Maybe take some distance and try and let it sink in a bit. Maybe it will grow on you. If I were you, I would not mess with it further.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

It looks very pretty to me, give it a rest and take a moment, it can be overwhelming at times to get to what you want, after a few attempts.
    "You're never too old to be young"- Snow White

Account Closed by Member Request

Even the pigments used in permanent dyes wash out over time and the thing is they lift the base level of the hair underneath the artificial pigment further. You will need touch ups anyways as i will probably be a good 2 years or more until all the colored parts have grown out. Color removers are not damaging but a bit drying. The brassyness will stay after that either way, it will just be lighter but easier to correct the tones i think. Regardless of what you decide to do, i don't think this can be solved in a one-more-process-and-done kind of way at least not if you insist on getting your natural color back.

ETA: i don't know where you live but i would highly recommend a consultation at an Aveda Salon as they are pretty universally trained on achieving a certain kind of polished but natural look. I kind of get your point as to why the harsh foil highlights are unacceptable compared to what you asked for.
    Last edited by MINAKO; June 5th, 2016 at 05:29 PM.

Length
    32/40/?
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Most of the time when you bleach to white the hair will not hold any color for very long at all. Let it rest and condition a lot before doing anything. Do not use any permanent color on that hair again. It will not hold and will only cause more damage. After a rest you can use temporary color but it will need to be redone as it fades. The braides are a good idea.
    Lady Nephelai, Storm-Breaker of the Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!