Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Has anyone tried LUSH for hair?

Length
    CL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Has anyone tried LUSH for hair?

I rediscovered American Cream conditioner and I love it so much! It smells amazing and it last long which I enjoy. It makes my fine hair soft and slippery but not heavy.

I also like the Fairly Traded Honey shampoo. It cleans well but not stripping in my opinion. It contains a lot of flaxseed gel which makes the shampoo thick, soft and gel like.

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I noticed that Lush shampoo bars have changed ingredients! They don't have SLS anymore

So I bought two of them, I have never had success with shampoo bars that are soap based, but I like the idea of using shampoo bars because there is no packaging.
    These now have sodium-coco-sulfate as their cleaning agent.
    Before when they had SLS, they were quite harsh to wash with. Keeping my fingers crossed that I wont be disappointed, but I think the risk is small, I have had such success with shampoos containing sodium-coco-sulfate in the past, and I love the current ingredients of their shampoos. The new one that I bought is "Jason and the Argan oil", looks promising, it has argan oil, glycerine and agar agar. I also bought "Jumping Juniper", in case I need something less moisturizing and more cleaning. Also, yes, I love the smell of Lush products, can't help it

I still wash my hair from time to time with just rye flour, but I like to switch in between and use shampoo to avoid build-up.

Lets see how long this little lump can get. Viva la natural!
    Lady Nemetona, Adept of the Henna Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Still not a lye bar, so no "soap", it still has a (low-end) sulfate, so still a syndet bar, I think.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Ok, just back to report that I really love the shampoo bars that I bought I've used them a couple of times now.
    At first I was a bit alarmed about how much lather is formed when using and my hair felt squeaky clean when washing. But to my surprise they have not caused my hair to feel stripped and dry! I am left with soft, really shiny and sleek hair.

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Unfortunately, after using Lush's shampoo bars for a bit over a month, my hair started to seriously misbehave. I have a strong feeling that these shampoos are NOT properly ph-balanced
    I can't think of any other reason why my hair would go completely poof from using them.

My hair is back to normal now that I came back to more gentle cleansers that I know are ph-balanced.

Length
    HL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I tried a shampoo bar and a conditioning bar.
    The shampoo was "honey I washed my hair" and despite being advertised as mild and hydrating, I found it very harsh. But I used it several years ago, I don't know if it has been reformulated (I see on the website Sodium Coco-Sulfate in the ingredient list, but I think mine had Sodium Lauryl Sulfate).
    My experience with the conditioning bar is far more recent. I tried the Big conditioning bar. The product per se wasnt bad, but it was very hard to use. It's not Lush the problem, all solid conditioners are the same in this matter. They are very hard to use and you need a lot of time to apply them. I would not reccomend any.

Eta: I do see the shampoos were reformulated. Fethenwen , maybe not the pH, but they are still harsh? I mean, maybe in the beginning it's ok but in the long run they clean way too much.
    Last edited by Bri-Chan; September 20th, 2024 at 03:18 AM. Reason: eta