Page 2272 of 2498 FirstFirst ... 1272177221722222226222702271227222732274228223222372 ... LastLast
Results 22,711 to 22,720 of 24973

Thread: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

Default Re: The Salt & Pepper Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by brickworld13 View Post
    I still can't tell if my hair is trying to go salt and pepper or streaks/stripes. However, the population of bright white hairs has definitely increased and a lot of them are 6 inches or longer. Some of the ones that have been ending up in the brush are more like 18 inches. Sorry I don't have any new photos of it.
    Mine did both. The upper 1/3 is salt-pepper, the next 1/3 is completely silver with white stripes, and the nape is my natural colour - a red-brown.
    Current routine: CWC, LOC, Up, Grow

New growth is wild brickworld13's Avatar
    Length
    SHL/CL+/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rmani View Post
    Mine did both. The upper 1/3 is salt-pepper, the next 1/3 is completely silver with white stripes, and the nape is my natural colour - a red-brown.
    That sounds really pretty!
    The Harmonious Rachel, Songbird in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    10/BSL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I was getting my hair "blended" so I could transition. It was getting expensive, it was drying out my hair. The lower colored half of my hair is really prone to the frizzies. I'm saving up for a GM treatment, maybe that will help.

Length
    Pixie/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I let my bleach grow out when my hair was short. And now with the silvers and browns it's still not all the same color, lol.
    While we were yet sinners Christ died for us. ~~~ 30" 01/01/18~~~34" 01/01/2019~~~37" 01/01/2020

Length
    Chin/WL/Clsc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Checking in here. I ditched henna and indigo three months ago and the transitioning phase is brutal. I like what I see coming in, lots of bright white at the temples and sides and more of a salt/pepper in front/top. But the demarcation line is quite difficult to look at. I've been keeping my hair up, with bangs and short-ish face-framing layers down, and using a wide, cloth headband to make it easier on the eyes. I think once my bangs are completely grey/white, I might feel a bit better better about it all!

I'll probably just be wearing it up full time for a couple of years. I'm feeling much more impatient about growing out the dye than I ever have felt about gaining length! It's really too bad I can't bleach out the henna/indigo because I, all of a sudden, felt very ready for this color change a couple of months ago. I wasn't expecting to feel this way and instead had planned to transition slowly by mixing cassia with henna. Oh well, that plan changed and here I am now. Lovely seeing everyone's sparkly silvers here and thankful that I don't have to spend hours and hours with henna every 2 weeks.
    ◊∞◊ lady seren, charter of the stars in the order of the long haired knights ◊∞◊
    CL - SL - APL- BSL - MBL- WL - HL - TBL
    last box dye: 10/2015 || last cut: 04/2016 || last henndigo: 08/2016 || last henna: 07/2017

Welcome to the gang ephemeri. It is tough at the beginning, for sure, but your strategies are good. I think I just got used to it after a while, and also loved not dying, it is so freeing.

I stopped dyeing 2 years ago! It feels like a great achievement, rather than just not doing something.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ephemeri View Post
    Checking in here. I ditched henna and indigo three months ago and the transitioning phase is brutal. I like what I see coming in, lots of bright white at the temples and sides and more of a salt/pepper in front/top. But the demarcation line is quite difficult to look at. I've been keeping my hair up, with bangs and short-ish face-framing layers down, and using a wide, cloth headband to make it easier on the eyes. I think once my bangs are completely grey/white, I might feel a bit better better about it all!

I'll probably just be wearing it up full time for a couple of years. I'm feeling much more impatient about growing out the dye than I ever have felt about gaining length! It's really too bad I can't bleach out the henna/indigo because I, all of a sudden, felt very ready for this color change a couple of months ago. I wasn't expecting to feel this way and instead had planned to transition slowly by mixing cassia with henna. Oh well, that plan changed and here I am now. Lovely seeing everyone's sparkly silvers here and thankful that I don't have to spend hours and hours with henna every 2 weeks.
    The first few inches are *very* brutal! But once you get over 2/3 inches or so, it gets better, trust me. I grew out dye many times in the past and that was always my experience. When you put it in an updo with 2/3 inches worth of growth, it hardly shows from the front (that way you don't have to constantly look at it).

Anyway, good luck on your journey!
    & Welcome here!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    32/42/44
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

It's weird how that feeling of being happy with your greys sneaks up on you ephemeri. It's got to be good you feel ready to grow them out without trying to tone them down, saves you going through the process twice

I know I don't technically belong here anymore, but got a fairly nice pic of my white streak at the front. It's not Rags quality yet, but it's coming along

20170918_101801 by Cat Hair, on Flickr

I've got much more white hair coming in at the top. The part that was brown now looks white in bright light, but still brown in dark environments. I've only got very low quality photos of that at moment unfortunately. Hope to get a better one, cause I actually really like it.

Grew from shoulder to thumb length in 7 years without trims. Now maintaining.
    There once was a girl, who had a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead. When she was good she was very, very good. But when she was bad she was horrid.

Length
    Chin/WL/Clsc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kake View Post
    Welcome to the gang ephemeri. It is tough at the beginning, for sure, but your strategies are good. I think I just got used to it after a while, and also loved not dying, it is so freeing.

I stopped dyeing 2 years ago! It feels like a great achievement, rather than just not doing something.
    Thank you! And congrats!! 2 years is a wonderful accomplishment. I follow an account on instagram, @grombre, that features images of people happily growing out their grey. It seems like the 2 year mark is when a lot of people feel like the transition phase is finally over. It must feel really great! I can't wait to get there myself.

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    The first few inches are *very* brutal! But once you get over 2/3 inches or so, it gets better, trust me. I grew out dye many times in the past and that was always my experience. When you put it in an updo with 2/3 inches worth of growth, it hardly shows from the front (that way you don't have to constantly look at it).

Anyway, good luck on your journey!
    & Welcome here!
    Thank you for the encouragement, Lapushka! I wouldn't be able to do this without so many inspiring people to look up to.

Quote Originally Posted by cathair View Post
    It's weird how that feeling of being happy with your greys sneaks up on you ephemeri. It's got to be good you feel ready to grow them out without trying to tone them down, saves you going through the process twice

I know I don't technically belong here anymore, but got a fairly nice pic of my white streak at the front. It's not Rags quality yet, but it's coming along

20170918_101801 by Cat Hair, on Flickr

I've got much more white hair coming in at the top. The part that was brown now looks white in bright light, but still brown in dark environments. I've only got very low quality photos of that at moment unfortunately. Hope to get a better one, cause I actually really like it.
    It's true! I don't know what happened. I went from one day being totally in love with henna to being totally not into it, at all, anymore. I have considered using semi-permanent deposit dye in the mean time but, even though that might help me deal with what I see in the mirror, it means I'd have to go through the process of actually putting dye on my roots again and I have zero interest in that. I'm all in! My only regret is switching to henna/indigo over box dye since it means I can't bleach. The warmth of the henna next to the coolness of the salt and pepper and white parts is really dramatic but oh well! BTW, your hair is lovely.

I've had a couple of random strangers comment on my gray roots in a positive way. One said something about Danaerys Targaryen and the other said something about Storm from X-men. Both said they really liked my hair the way it is so... I guess I'll take it! If I get brave I'll post some pictures here.
    ◊∞◊ lady seren, charter of the stars in the order of the long haired knights ◊∞◊
    CL - SL - APL- BSL - MBL- WL - HL - TBL
    last box dye: 10/2015 || last cut: 04/2016 || last henndigo: 08/2016 || last henna: 07/2017

Type
    1c/M/ii

Once in a while, when I oughta have washed my hair ... I combe it upside down and this massive bun comes out of it

It normally doesn't get this big ... but I had sweaty hair from working out ... and didn't have the time for a hairwash

Not much of my original colour left
    Dixi! - Rikke
    Growing and graying ... just growing and graying