Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cowlick? recieding hairline? Solutions?

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: cowlick? recieding hairline? Solutions?

It looks pretty normal, but maybe if you think you should have more hair in these areas, try to not pull your hair up very tight and Maybe try some hair growth serum or Essential oils like rosemary or something on your scalp. Be carefup with those though, they can cause contact dermatitis. Read up before you start using them.

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Hello! My hairline Is higher on my left side, and in general my face is quite asymmetrical. It's pretty natural for most people.
    Sometimes we develop a trait later in life, I'm pretty sure my hairline was more even in my teens and early twenties.
    Sometimes losing weight can draw attention to these things
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I've always had an uneven hairline--it starts way higher on the left side than the right. I don't know if half of my genes were going for a widow's peak and the other half were having none of that, or what ( ; I can see how this would be disconcerting if it developed suddenly, though. The asymmetry does bother me, so I never pull my hair straight back from the hairline, but always keep it parted. With the part, you honestly can't tell that it's uneven at all because the strands fall the same distance down to my ears.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Stray_mind View Post
    It looks pretty normal, but maybe if you think you should have more hair in these areas, try to not pull your hair up very tight and Maybe try some hair growth serum or Essential oils like rosemary or something on your scalp. Be carefup with those though, they can cause contact dermatitis. Read up before you start using them.
    Very good advice. If we can't convince you, at least be veeeeery gentle with those front pieces, no manipulation, no tight updo's like Stray already mentioned, and don't rub stuff on that part, no messing with the scalp or hairs!

You could try and massaging (gently) some castor oil into that part, but it is very thick, gloopy, and oily! So I would do it before wash day. If that puts your mind at ease.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    28"/36"/Long
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I think human beings, in general, are assymetrical. I've only studied myself in-depth, but so far, I've noticed my left everything is bigger, eye, hand, foot, wrist, ankle, nostril. Why not the hairline too?

It does help my self-esteem on some days to dust my whispies with Kaboki powder. Somehow, if they're darker, I feel better about them. Or sometimes, I rub an oil on them that I think will help them grow & turn darker (black castor oil, neem oil, etc.), or maybe squirt them with a little (cooled-down) rosemary tea.

I've heard of a philosophy that beauty is enhanced by imperfection, so when Disney was making Tangled, they gave Rapunzel an overbite -- to make her prettier... Kind of like Marilyn Monroe's beauty mark. (Wouldn't you call that a mole?)

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Stray_mind View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks, I didn't tried essential oils, but I tried rosemary tea.
    I never put my hair up tight, just because I hate the feeling of having a face lift due to my bun + I know that's how you kill your hairline^^
    Thanks for the advice
    SL->APL->BSL->Hiding-my-tattoo-length ​-> growing it as long as genetically possible