Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of shampoo are you using ?

Length
    APL/WL/CL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Re: What kind of shampoo are you using ?

I'm currently using Shea Moisture's JBCO shampoo and i love it, however, the next one i'll buy will probably be Calia, anyone here has tried Calia hair stuff?

Just a cheap one that I can buy in my local convenience store. At the moment, I'm using L'Orèal Elvital Dream Lengths. Considering testing sulfate/silicone-free in the future, but don't know which one to get, or where to buy.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

This might tie in well with this thread (what is your favorite sulfate shampoo: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...d.php?t=145758)

I am currently using my favorite, the (sadly discontinued) Pantene Aqua Light. I have some back stock!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I'm not picky, but my scalp is. So, I can't even just say 'sulphate-free' because that would be too easy the only one I've found that my scalp *likes* is Dr Organic Aloe Vera shampoo; the Rose Otto variation of the same formula seems to be fine so far, and I have the Tea Tree and the Lavender variations to try (again, still the same base formulation). They're silicone-free too, and very mild.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

My favourites are sulfate-mild shampoos with sodium coco-sulfate, but I also get along well with ammonium lauryl sulfate. I prefer my shampoos without silicones.

My scalp is not problematic or picky by any means, but it does have its favourites, still.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

The land of vodka, bears and perpetual winter
    Length
    APL/Class/TERM
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I like sulfate shampoos but without any silicones. I also like my haircare to be cheap and easy to get, so to the drugstore we go. Currently I'm using and loving Pantene.
    APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ CL ~ TERM
    Growing out henna since November 1st, 2018

Length
    thigh/mbl/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by doedeer View Post
    I'm currently using Shea Moisture's JBCO shampoo and i love it, however, the next one i'll buy will probably be Calia, anyone here has tried Calia hair stuff?
    This quote from the Calia!-thread:

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    Saponified Palm Kernel Extract and/or Corn Glucose is what all their shampoos use apart from all the plant extracts and oils. So the shampoos are basically liquid soap (by the way, you can make your own, if you are into this).
    Also, "botanical tree essences as preservatives" in their ingredients lists could be too many things, not very clear labeling at all.
    Be cautious of waxes very high up in all their conditioners: those can build up fast.

(*Caution: somewhat OT rant ahead *
    I'm not a fan of the clever ways this and many other "natural" companies present their ingredients... it's all about emphasizing how these ingredients are derived from plants, but that's taking the focus away from what these ingredients really are. It's like claiming you eat corn when you eat corn syrup.
    I find it quite unfortunate that (supposedly regulated) presentation of ingredients is becoming influenced by marketing tricks these days: I guess that's how manufacturers handle the fact that so many consumers are getting too ingredients-savvy! I see this problem more with "organic" products than mass market ones. I am very forgiving of marketing claims (I don't even bother to read them), but creative ingredients labelling really annoys me, because I think they trick consumers big time! Even Latin names on ingredients lists are much clearer, I wish labeling rules were more consistent and strict. Sorry, for the rant. * End rant * )
    This is the ingredient list for the Calia Purifying Shampoo, copied from their site:

Aqua, Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, Pinus banksiana (pine) extract, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) extract, Matricaria chamomilla (chamomile) flower extract, Echinacea purpurea flower extract, Urtica dioca (nettle) leaf extract, Trifolium pratense (clover) flower extract, Camelia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Equisetum arvense (Horse Tail) extract, Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Rosemarinus officinalis (Spanish Rosemary Oil),Salvia sclarea (Clary Sage Oil).
    What exactly in this ingredient list would make the shampoo foam?! They're not being honest about what's in their products and I think that's a pretty crappy thing to do, especially when they're making themselves out to be "natural" and "clean", it's all about their ingredients! But they're not even being honest about their ingredients.

Sorry, OT rant over.
    2008: 24cm/10" 2015: 41cm/16" 2022: 120cm/48" // 2022: 52cm/21"
    instagram

Length
    15”/23”/45”
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

For years now I’ve been using Jessicurl Gentle Lather. I wish I had switched earlier.
    Last edited by unheardletters; December 7th, 2019 at 10:19 AM.
    Stretched: NL - SL - CBL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL - HL - BCL - TBL - CL

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    My favourites are sulfate-mild shampoos with sodium coco-sulfate, but I also get along well with ammonium lauryl sulfate. I prefer my shampoos without silicones.

My scalp is not problematic or picky by any means, but it does have its favourites, still.
    I prefer a no-silicone shampoo as well, even though I still have some in my collection that do have silicones.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    APL/WL/CL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    This quote from the Calia!-thread:

This is the ingredient list for the Calia Purifying Shampoo, copied from their site:

What exactly in this ingredient list would make the shampoo foam?! They're not being honest about what's in their products and I think that's a pretty crappy thing to do, especially when they're making themselves out to be "natural" and "clean", it's all about their ingredients! But they're not even being honest about their ingredients.

Sorry, OT rant over.
    That sounds shady of them, apparently if there's less than a certain percentage of an ingredient they're not obliged to list it, so most likely they're hiding away the surfactants they use. I don't know, i might try it out but this green washing some brands do isn't very nice. Thanks for letting me know about their practices!