Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Removing the hair from my chin

The land of vodka, bears and perpetual winter
    Length
    APL/Class/TERM
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Removing the hair from my chin

Peach fuzz isn't hair. Well, technically it is, but it's not something to be upset about. We're mammals, we all have it all over our bodies. It's normal. Tell your friend to go look in a mirror. Unless they're a shark, they have hair on their chin too.
    APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ CL ~ TERM
    Growing out henna since November 1st, 2018

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    Peach fuzz isn't hair. Well, technically it is, but it's not something to be upset about. We're mammals, we all have it all over our bodies. It's normal. Tell your friend to go look in a mirror. Unless they're a shark, they have hair on their chin too.
    You just made me recall the Nimona comic

But yes, hair is just normal. Fuzzy hair esp, you can just leave it alone. Just remove the darker ugly ones with tweezers if you want, and that's all

BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCLTBLWristClassic!FTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 42,5" - 108cm
    My little braid thread

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Looks like normal peach fuzz. I get the occasion "real" hair popping in my chin and neck, there are two that I notice come in and make me angry. I tweeze those. Don't mess with peach fuzz, it could come back thicker.
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode

Length
    3 inc/62 “/74”
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii/iii

When I was 19, my mother reached up to my chin and have a yank but she didn't actually touch my skin. I yelled in surprise. She pulled one hair that was growing really long. She took me to the doctor who said, after appropriate blood tests, that I was normal in my hormones. Later on, I developed several more hairs. I just shave them off every day. The peach fuzzies right next to the thicker hairs have never gotten worse or thicker. Don't get many ingrown hairs. I tried waxing my face once only. Afterwards it took two weeks for the scabs to heal up. The roots were very long. Even longer than hairs from back of my head. ( I pulled a few for comparison).

I just deal with what the good Lord gave me, pick up and go on. I'm grateful for the all the hairs on my head, so what if a few got misplaced along the way.
    Last edited by zashin66; December 19th, 2018 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Lady Shannon
    Dragon Longhaired Knights
    Cairehre Mountains

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I was expecting a hair to be sticking out, but I was literally like, "what hair"?

It's fine!

What a nasty comment to give someone!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Maybe you were in the sun or bright light when your friend was looking at your face. Fuzz really shows up in the sun. I think it was rude to say anything to you about it. I notice it on women and never would say anything. I have a lot of fuzz and a lot of horrid wiry hairs growing from upper lip down. I tweeze almost every day. I also have a home threader tool that yanks the little bastards out. Yeah it hurts a bit but you get used to it. I've also had my face threaded and waxed. I don't always have the money to do that at least once a month. So I do the home thing.

I am not here to decorate your world

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I was expecting a hair to be sticking out, but I was literally like, "what hair"?

It's fine!

What a nasty comment to give someone!
    Exactly this! I even zoomed in to try and see, but nope, still can't see anything. Unless you do mean the peach fuzz, which as has already been said is completely normal!

It also seems it's perfectly normal to have a few 'misplaced' actual hairs (I like that term, zashin66! ) and for those I too just use tweezers.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Crotchety Pastry GrowlingCupcake's Avatar
    Length
    15/21.5/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Maybe it's because I grew up as a hairier-than-normal person in Asia, but I can see the hair they are talking about.

I get my chin, and upper lip done when I get my eyebrows waxed. If I have to do it at home, I use a very small razor, and shave the same way men would. I do have one hair I regularly pull out of my face (it's LONG, and white), and I frequently shave the underside of my chin. I've had no acne, no ingrown hair, etc. because of it.

My friend is even hairier than I am. She gets hers threaded off, and has had no issues with acne or ingrown hair.

It makes me more comfortable to do it, so I'm going to continue doing it. If you really feel you must, ask a male you know who shaves (father, partner, brother, brother in law, etc.), see your regular eyebrow waxer or threader (if you have one), and if you do not, find a reputable one. Do not wax/thread at home. Oh, and buy a small facial razor.
    Big chop - 18th August 2021
    SL/15 - CLB/17 - APL/21 - MBL/26 - WL/30 - HL/32 - BCL/36 - TBL/40 - CL/45
    Measuring unstretched because flexibility is dumb.

I'm surprised nobody has suggested sugar wax. Pretty common approach and cheap to make at home.

There's also shaving or bleaching, and Magic Shave is a cream depilatory option.
    Last edited by cjk; December 19th, 2018 at 03:19 PM.

Length
    0.5"/27"/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GrowlingCupcake View Post
    My friend is even hairier than I am. She gets hers threaded off, and has had no issues with acne or ingrown hair.

It makes me more comfortable to do it, so I'm going to continue doing it. If you really feel you must, ask a male you know who shaves (father, partner, brother, brother in law, etc.), see your regular eyebrow waxer or threader (if you have one), and if you do not, find a reputable one. Do not wax/thread at home. Oh, and buy a small facial razor.
    I agree with most of this, 'cept for going to a professional to get waxed/threaded. It's really freaking easy to do at home. I prefer threading as it irritates my skin less. Or plucking if it's only a few stray hairs.
    I will say though, peach fuzz is entirely normal so it's not like you actually HAVE to remove it. Pretty sure no-one but your friends are even going to notice it in passing.
    Last trim 20th Jun 2023.
    Buzz-SL[17"]-APL[20"]- BSL[25"]-WL[28"]-HL[31"]-TBL[34"]-CL[38"]
    Buzz 2018- 35"/TBL 2023