Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brand new UK very damaged hair

Length
    12/TBL!!/???
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Brand new UK very damaged hair

Quote Originally Posted by Nsaki911 View Post

My best friend had very long hair but due to stress she started to lose it. She cut it all off after battling with it. She began using Castor oil and the bald spots have started to fill in as well as thickening. Lavender essential oil helps the scalp as well. I've begun using Castor oil. I can say that my hair texture is becoming better but you need to buy an applicator to apply it directly to the scalp and massage it in really well. I leave it that way for a few days, then I drench it through out the hair and wash it out with non sulfate clarifying shampoo. I have a shower head that has a filter in it which has really improved the quality of my hair. Lets both try it out and see if this castor oil works.
    I'm glad this is working for you and your friend, but be aware that scalp oiling can be very hit or miss. I tried scalp oiling with a castor oil blend, and I started shedding. A LOT. The thick oil (and this wasn't even straight castor, it was diluted) was clogging up the follicles and causing excessive shedding. It might be a good idea to pay attention to how much you shed, and if you see an increase, consider whether the oil may be to blame. Best of luck to you (and you too, Rhirhixoxo!) on your hair journey!

Temporary goal: Classic, Final goal: To infinity and beyond!!
    currently at TBL, pressing on and hoping for Classic before I'm 20

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Brand new UK very damaged hair

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofHaleth View Post
    I'm glad this is working for you and your friend, but be aware that scalp oiling can be very hit or miss. I tried scalp oiling with a castor oil blend, and I started shedding. A LOT. The thick oil (and this wasn't even straight castor, it was diluted) was clogging up the follicles and causing excessive shedding. It might be a good idea to pay attention to how much you shed, and if you see an increase, consider whether the oil may be to blame. Best of luck to you (and you too, Rhirhixoxo!) on your hair journey!
    Yes, excessive shedding when oiling the scalp is a "thing". More than one of us have this, me too, unfortunately, and I can't oil due to SD (seborrheic dermatitis) anyway, so...

Anyway keep an eye on the shedding when you're oiling the scalp.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)