Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hair washing schedules: Are they recommended or.....

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Hair washing schedules: Are they recommended or.....

I wait til my hair needs it, or looks like it's going to need it soon and I won't get around to it later. Oh, and itchy means it needs it.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I don't live my life on a schedule anymore so my hair care has no schedule. It happens when it happens. If I am meeting friends I am likely to wash my hair that day. I might even wash it every day now and then. Or I might go 4 or 5 days if I am not feeling well and am at home. I don't believe stretching wash has any benefit for me so I am not about to go 4 or 5 days and let my ends get dry and brittle just for the sake of stretching washes. If my scalp gets itchy or sore that is a sign I need to wash it no matter how many days it's been since my last wash. It's just whenever it's convenient.

I am not here to decorate your world

I don't have a schedule per se but I try to go at least 3 days without washing. In between, I use dry shampoo because I can't do 2nd day hair without it. But if I'm going out, I'll wash it. But it's usually a scalp only wash. I'll do a CWC wash every once in a while thanks to this forum. But there's no regularity to my regimen. And I use whatever shampoo and conditioner from brands I like at Winners. Usually, that means Joico and Tigi. Though I am trying to find good brands that are cruelty-free.

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I don't care. I wash my hair when I feel like it. I always wait until it's oily, just the amount of days it stays oily differs.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    SL/52.25/48
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

I honestly can't care enough to have a hair washing schedule either. I work in shifts and never have the same days off and it's impossible to wash my hair on certain days with certain shifts. I wash my hair when I feel like it needs washing and when I have time. It usually ends up being anywhere from around 3-6 days.
    TBL 37.5" ~ Classic 42" ~ Thigh 48" ~ Knee 52"
    WCC ~ LOC

Length
    waist/TB/long

My hair does well on once a week. I choose to wash it Saturday so it will look its best Sunday. So that's my schedule.

Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

My hair usually gets washed once a week, on the weekend, but that isn't set in stone. If I am busy on the weekend, or I get sick, or I got something gross in my hair can all affect if I wash it sooner or later than usual.
    Maintaining at classic in 2017

Length
    BSL/CL/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I thought I had a schedule. Turns out I had deadlines that I converted to a past schedule.
    I have a deadline of second workday of the week (Monday or Tuesday) and one other day if it acts like it needs it. Usually three days apart, so Thursday or Friday.
    Friday afternoon is a deadline for Shabbat. I've a lot to do before sundown, and I like my hair to be at least partially dry by candle lighting at sunset.

My diet creates scents in my sebum that aren't the best for working in close quarters. Especially garlic.
    My workspaces are scent-free. No EO or sprays to cover.
    Join a declutter challenge http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=141272

Nevertheless, she persisted.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Mine gets a wash every Sunday. I towel-dry for 40 min., airdry for 2-4H and then lightly diffuse for 5 min.; by then it's as good as dry (ends are damp/dry) and it's done. It takes about 5H from start to completion, thank goodness I don't have to devote attention to it constantly. And if I were to airdry fully, it would take 8+H, so that's not in the stars.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    ?/60"/Term
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    And if I were to airdry fully, it would take 8+H, so that's not in the stars.
    I'm in the same boat there, it takes me 6-8 hours to airdry depending on the weather - but I still do it! Mostly because I always have a day or two a week where I'm just sitting at home at my desk anyway so it doesn't really matter if my hair is wet or not. If I didn't have those days I don't know what I'd do.