Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I keep breaking my hair clips!

Default Re: I keep breaking my hair clips!

I am also looking for an unbreakable hair clip, just regular large 4" size works well for me. I keep breaking them, but not in my hair. I drop them on the floor and they break. I want something that's durable, will last at least a year and can be ordered through Amazon. I'm in the northern Rockies, north British Columbia and can't just buy things here but I do have a post office. Any suggestions?
    "As for me and my house, we will serve The Lord."
    - Lady Sheryl -
    Protector in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    www.sherylgallant.ca

Length
    Chin/43.5/Blunt
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Sheryl View Post
    I am also looking for an unbreakable hair clip, just regular large 4" size works well for me. I keep breaking them, but not in my hair. I drop them on the floor and they break. I want something that's durable, will last at least a year and can be ordered through Amazon. I'm in the northern Rockies, north British Columbia and can't just buy things here but I do have a post office. Any suggestions?
    I have had scunci octopus and goody large and medium claws that have survived being dropped and thrown and hold all my hair, have yet to snap one. My oldest one is showing wear but it's some 8 years old.

Edit: My big goody claws are their "planet" series ones--the tines(?) are thicker than their classic claws.
    Last edited by mochichichi; July 13th, 2023 at 11:34 PM.
    Chin~Shoulder~APL~Midback~Waist~Hip~TB~CL~[FTL]~MT~Knee~Knee+
    Pursuing my Princess Hair ♕

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

France Luxe. Expensive as hell but indestructible. I've had a large and a small that I've had for at least 20 years. They do pay for themselves, and they're beautiful too.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I can break any clip pretty much, GordonMurphella, so count me hesitant to "trust" any brand, expensive especially, because I can put this stuff through the ringer! And I am constantly dropping stuff. And the way it lands, man, often double bops, tripple bops and then under an unreachable cabinet, just my luck, eh?

When I spot affordable clips, I buy them, if they're a good size that I think I can use. Either me, or mom. I don't look at the brand, at all. I shop Lidl & Aldi, and so I have no say in the matter.

Claws are all I wear these days. Hoping the breakage will "catch up" at some point but it's gonna be years, so best be prepared for that!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

I picked up this one recently and it feels both sturdy and lightweight: https://www.ulta.com/p/black-eco-fri...12?sku=2592130

I always end up breaking the little "fingers" off my clips, but I think this one should last for a while.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

endlessly, have you tried purchasing the HUGE claw clips that will fit your long thick hair? It might be the thickness of your hair or bun that's causing you to break the clips. Because, my hair is thick also.
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

In my opinion if you want to wear claw clips, just bulk buy some clips in you preferred style/color. There are plenty of packs on Amazon where the clips come out to less than $1 each.

I used to have the same problem of breaking clips via dropping, in car doors, sitting on them, the dog getting ahold of them, etc. My hair was never responsible for any of them breaking. I have wimpy thin/fine hair. I would buy like a dozen at a time back when I wore claw clips. And I would break the $10+ ones just as easily as the 2/$1 ones. I would always keep extra ones readily available, on my pants loop, on my purse strap, the center counsel in my car, living room, bathroom, etc. for when I eventually broke the one I was wearing.

Now If you want something virtually indestructible I'd suggest looking into African Butterfly Clips and Lilla Rose's Flexi Clips. There is a learning curve to them, especially the flexi clips. So be prepared to keep some elastics and a claw clip on hand for the first month or so.

Flexis are what I switched to from claw clips. What I did when I first started wearing flexis was put my hair up in a pony tail with an elastic, then put the rest up with the clip. It took me a couple months before I could confidently put my hair up with just a flexi clip without feeling the need to have back ups readily available. I think it was like early August when I started and by mid October that year is when I realized I hadn't used a claw or elastic in weeks. Now I do still have back ups stashed around, a flexi in my purse, a couple sticks in my work uniform, an easy comb in my bag, etc. But now it is less about breakage and more to do with what 'mood' my hair is in or if I am experiencing tension headaches.
    "Do you ever feel like a misfit? Everything inside you is dark and twisted
    but it's okay to be different
    'cause baby, so am I" ~So Am I

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

PBI but just so's you know, Lilla Rose is a MLM (multi-level marketing). Not to take away from the products, which seem beautiful, but ... MLM.
    Last edited by GordonMurphella; July 26th, 2023 at 03:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GordonMurphella View Post
    PBI but just so's you know, Lilla Rose is a MLM (multi-level marketing). Not to take away from the products, which seem beautiful, but ... MLM.
    What the heck does PBI mean? Am I too old to understand the slang?

I agree about MLMs but at least you can buy Flexis directly from the website without supporting a downline. You can also find lots second hand.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    What the heck does PBI mean? Am I too old to understand the slang?

I agree about MLMs but at least you can buy Flexis directly from the website without supporting a downline. You can also find lots second hand.
    It means pardon my butting in, and for the record, I'm staring at the a$$ end of 70, so don't go there