Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your daily hair care routine?

Length
    shldr/~knee/??
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Re: What's your daily hair care routine?

Wash: "low" sulfate shampoo on my roots, SheaMoisture moisture retention shampoo everything, condition everything, shampoo the roots again (for volume and to help stretch washes, but it's mostly on my bangs/fringe area), and apply a bit more conditioner to the length and don't rinse it out completely (my own way of leave-in conditioner, because my wurls prefer it ).
    Blow dry the roots, air dry the rest.
    When my wurls get ugly and really frizzy (about 3rd or 4th day hair), I'll twist it all up into a nautilus bun. Otherwise, if I'm not too lazy to brush it all out, I'll braid it.
    If it's feeling dry, I'll put coconut oil in and braid it.
    Aaand, repeat!

Length
    24/31/37
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I wash my hair once a week with normal shampoo, then I use a conditioner with hydrolyzed keratin. Then I use some drops of MO as a leave in and let it air dry. I only use a wide tooth comb to detangle and I wear my hair up every day. And I use a sleep cap at night. That's about it.

Length
    CBL/WL/CL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

CO wash with V05 kiwi lime squeeze clarifying conditioner every other day, comb wet with wide tooth comb, I use the conair shower comb. I really want to try a wooden comb maybe with Christmas money I'll buy one.

I use a tiny bit of coconut oil from the ears down as a leave in as needed. This is usually only once a week. If I find my hair is drying with tangles or feel dryness or see more fly aways than usual. If not I add nothing . Air dry to completely dry or mostly dry then put into an English braid or a bun with a hair stick for the day.

At the end of the day I'll comb out again then use a bbb, leave down until I am ready for bed then braid for the night.
    "Unable are the loved to die for love is immortality."
    -Emily Dickinson

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I wash my hair usually daily, or if I'm not going anywhere, it might be occasionally every other day. I have several shampoos which I rotate according how my hair and scalp feels: normal suphate shampoo, low sulphate shapoo, sulphate-free shampoo. I usually prefere no-cone, protein-free conditioners, and I use a drop of my favourite normal conditioner as a leave-in. Once in 7-14 days I use a hair mask.

As I'm always running late and have promised myself to break my habit of leaving home with wet hair (because it makes me feel opposite of put together) I usually blow dry my hair, or at least my roots. If I only do roots then I put it up. My hair is starting to be at a length where I have started to be able to do updos, so I am doing those more often, which means less blowdrying. When my hair is still wet I apply mousse or volume spray, if I have time. If I have lot of time, I might try something more elaborate. I have many types of combs and brushes and I have noticed they each have a specific effect, so I use what comb or brush suit the look I am going for the best.

I have given up many LHC style hair rules and care practices, but I stilll try to be gentle with my hair. I doubt I will be quitting blowdrying anytime soon as it makes my hair texture more pleasant to me. Sometimes I try to play up my waves but usually I don't like the results.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    SHL/~38"/Term
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I don't necessarily have a daily routine. I largely practice benign neglect to the point of ridiculousness (I've left it up and braided around my head without taking it down and brushing it for a week and a half before - it weirdly still looked decent and it wasn't very tangled at all). Most days it's braided around my head with a rope braid and held with bobby pins or magic grips. This hairstyle can last on me and look good for two or three days before it needs to be re-done. Satin/silk pillowcases help me with this.

I usually spritz my scalp with essential oils every five days and I generally wash it once every two-three weeks if I can stretch it - once a week in the least. If the length looks good or doesn't require oiling pre-wash, I will braid it, keep it out of the water, and only wash my scalp with whatever concoction I desire (shampoo, pine tar soap, eggs, clay, tea, herbs, etc). If it's looking extra greasy, I'll use Organix shampoo of whatever flavour is nearest.

If I'm washing my lengths I will use a mixture of Hugo and Debra Naturals' Tea Tree and Lavender Conditioner with Yes to Carrots Conditioner, Yes to Grapes (or Blueberries - it's purple) conditioner, and an Organix conditioner of whatever flavour is nearest. I'll smear that all over the ends and bun it up with my bathroom chopstick while I do other bathy/showery things. Sometimes I'll rinse with tea and/or I'll rinse with cold water. After, I spritz a mixture of essential oils - rosemary, sage, lavender, oregano, rose absolute, geranium, and distilled water - on my scalp and put a bit of Badger Demascus Rose Antioxidant Face Oil (it has great hair ingredients and smells divine) on my ends along with some Organix Coconut Water leave in serum. Then, I will detangle after it's semi-dry with a Macadamia Nut Oil brush knock off of the Tangle Teazer (it has a handle and works amazingly!), which is the only brush that I really use. That's it. The hard part is the washing. Most of the time, I'm a benign neglect junkie.

Oh and, if I ever need dry shampoo for any reason, I'll use a corn starch/essential oil mixture and spread it with a boar bristle brush.

Length
    SL/WL/HL
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Pre-poo with conditioner and coconut oil blend, then wash with anti fungal shampoo once a week.

Condition, wash out, add a little almond oil. De-tangle with a wide tooth comb whilst wet. Add a leave in on the ends.

Braid up for the week! My hair isn't taken out/combed out during the week.

Every night I wrap my hair up in a satin scarf and unwrap in the mornings. Allows me an extra 15 mins in bed.

I wash my hair with water only every 3 days, and brush my hair with a 100% boar bristle brush twice a day, I braid my hair in two pigtails every night, and wet and oil the ends that arnt in the braid, I sleep on a silk pillowcase (I haven't gotten around to actually buying one so I rap my silk nightgown around the pillow so the side that's facing up is perfect(. I vary from pony tails to down to French braids. I sometimes do other heatless curls.

Detangling, brushing with a BBB, S&D for split ends and applying a small amount of camellia oil to the ends... other than that, there's nothing I do on a daily base. Plain, but it works for my hair.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    I have given up many LHC style hair rules and care practices, but I stilll try to be gentle with my hair. I doubt I will be quitting blowdrying anytime soon as it makes my hair texture more pleasant to me. Sometimes I try to play up my waves but usually I don't like the results.
    Don't worry so much about it. My hair gets blown dry (diffused) weekly (not every single day, mind you) and I'm TBL without any splits or white dots. If you blow dry wisely, it's all just *fine*.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    I wash my hair usually daily, or if I'm not going anywhere, it might be occasionally every other day. I have several shampoos which I rotate according how my hair and scalp feels: normal suphate shampoo, low sulphate shapoo, sulphate-free shampoo. I usually prefere no-cone, protein-free conditioners, and I use a drop of my favourite normal conditioner as a leave-in. Once in 7-14 days I use a hair mask.

As I'm always running late and have promised myself to break my habit of leaving home with wet hair (because it makes me feel opposite of put together) I usually blow dry my hair, or at least my roots. If I only do roots then I put it up. My hair is starting to be at a length where I have started to be able to do updos, so I am doing those more often, which means less blowdrying. When my hair is still wet I apply mousse or volume spray, if I have time. If I have lot of time, I might try something more elaborate. I have many types of combs and brushes and I have noticed they each have a specific effect, so I use what comb or brush suit the look I am going for the best.

I had such habit too, but if I have to wash my hair on weekdays, then I wash it in evenings immediately after coming home from work. Since I usually wash it twice a week, my other day of hair wash is Sunday.