Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stress haircutter trying starting over for, hopefully, the last time

Length
    APL/28.5"/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Re: Stress haircutter trying starting over for, hopefully, the last time

May be just keep things simple, throw away anything that you can cut your hair with and take up a new high energy sport like some kind of dancing or kung fu or even just running on your own.

EDIT: meditation is also an incredible tool.
    Last edited by elfynity; September 30th, 2018 at 06:15 AM.
    BSL -> MBL -> WL (almost) -> Hip->TBL!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Stress haircutter trying starting over for, hopefully, the last time

Quote Originally Posted by Eve-Jade-Day View Post
    I'm in the process of looking for a professional, once I've found them I'll have to get over my shame and tell them about it. That's the shameful part; it sounds super duper spoiled and whiny and superficial to tell someone the way your hair looks is the source of so many problems for you. I almost didn't post here for that reason. It's even worse that you know there's something more and you have to tell them everything about everything :/ I just hate opening up to people so much, so I thought I'd hang around here while I sort this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve-Jade-Day View Post
    Also, afraid I'm gonna get banned for mental health talk at a hair forum.
    No one is going to make you feel bad talking about mental health! At all.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    buzz/CBL/BSL

Glad to have found a safe place! The support I'm getting here is much needed. Especially because my wig is going to take around a month to ship.....

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Welcome here! I hope you will find the support you need to help you grow your lovely hair long
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    28"/Waist/Waist
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Have you considered online therapy? There are even self-directed courses. I read about one called Mood Gym a while back that is cognitive behavioral therapy targeting anxiety and has a lot of research behind it.

And as TatsuOni said, please post on this forum before you do any unplanned trims.

Length
    buzz/CBL/BSL

I have considered online therapy, then looked at the rates, and said "No."

Length
    28"/Waist/Waist
    Type
    2a/C/iii

The software I mentioned is $40 per year I believe. Some of the others might still be free.

Length
    buzz/CBL/BSL

I have tried some of the free ones; they were sadly of no help. People were telling me things I already knew or plain couldn't get why I'm doing what I do.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Good luck on your journey. And if it helps, come talk to us first. Please do that!

We have a mental health thread but you need to reach 25 good quality posts for that to be available to you. It is understandably more private than newbie status and not worldwide readable (to the whole net) as the mane forum is. I hope the mods don't mind me mentioning that this thread exists, because newbies usually go step by step as they discover these threads on their own. I'm just trying to help you out and make you stay the course! I know it's hard at first as a newbie, but keep posting and giving some valuable input on threads, and you will get there!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    buzz/CBL/BSL

Mind = blown
    This forum feels like a game that's full of quests, I like it!
    Maybe it's better than therapy... But I'm definitely looking into that as well.
    Thank you for your support!