Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: unscented conditioners & stylers?

Default Re: unscented conditioners & stylers?

just wanted to say hlp93, that I was coming here in this moment to ask pretty much the same question.

I too wish there was something available like Suave or VO5 Conditioner in Unscented. A lifetime of being exposed to chemicals in “fragrance” can sensitize us, and some of us were sensitive to begin with.
    Also, for those of us with low porosity hair, more fluid, moisturizing conditioners like Suave are often better than the richer, deep conditioner stuff.
    Last edited by Lavenderhaze; February 9th, 2022 at 10:03 PM.

Length
    17.5/26/27
    Type
    4a/F/M/i/ii

It's really a pain to find unscented leave-in and styling products. I can't recommend any.

But as someone who's tried a whole host of fragrance free conditioners after seeing a dermatologist, the runniest ones I've tried were Green Cricket (has a little protein & the pump packaging sucks) and Nature Clean (protein-free, but I think hard to find outside of Canada?). So I don't know if you could find these, but they're what I would recommend. I use them in the summer when more moisturizing conditioner gives me frizz.

I wonder if you could mix a little conditioner and water in a spray bottle to use as a leave-in? The only ones I've seen are like the Briogeo one which is pricey and definitely has some plant extracts in it, so might have coconut.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by hlp93 View Post
    so I far I mostly *like* their shampoo, though because its a coconut based sulfate, it weighs my roots down if I do without washing too long. I have to wash every other day/every 2 days and anymore than that my roots feel weighed down. Other than that, I really like the shampoo. No flakes, no reaction, no redness, and when washing day comes, it feels great to only be washing out oil, not because I need to get rid of scabs & flakes. Its really wonderful to have normal hair. Though my dermatologist did recommend occasionally (every 4-5 weeks) to clarify with a fragrance free sls shampoo, to avoid build up.
    What shampoo are we talking about?
    Did I read over things again?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

Both Faith In Nature and Suma make fragrance free conditioners. I have used both but did not find either very moisturising on my hair.

Length
    ~Chin/CL/MTL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I recommend Curelle Treslite. It’s BTMS-based and a really good cone-free detangling conditioner. Completely fragrance free! There’s a protein version called Riche, if you prefer some protein in your products.
    ~Bleach-free from April 2018~*~No trimming~