Page 199 of 227 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2265

Thread: Use Up Your Stash challenge!!!

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: Use Up Your Stash challenge!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Natashap View Post
    I am on strong no-buy.

Also no new bottle opening till I finish what's opened .

I need to control my hoarding issues .

Also no excuses to buy even if product is on sale or "clearance".
    I hear you!

My current hoard issues involve Manic Panic...all eight jars...different colors...

No wonder I have a hard time deciding on what color to go to next!

Hey, at least I have a choice...
    Not Cut, But After Washing, Before Brushing and Bunning...Baby steps!

Length
    25.5"/.../Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Items I still need to give away:
    MorrocanOil Hydrating Shampoo
    MorrocanOil Hydrating Conditioner
    Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo
    Inoar Divine Curls Shampoo
    Inoar Divine Curls Conditioner
    Briogeo Don't Despair Repair Gel-to-Oil Overnight Repair treatment
    Shea Moisture Curling Gel Souffle
    Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel
    Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee
    Living Proof Restore Conditioner (two bottles)
    DevalCurl One Condition Delight travel size, and sample size.
    DevaCurl Wave Maker whip travel size.

Undecided about:
    Drybar On The Rock Clarifying Shampoo (contains Dimethiconol Panthenol, 16th ingredient on list, so I may keep it.)
    Living Proof No Frizz conditioner

Products below are what I need to use up:
    Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Shampoo (2 bottles)
    Briogeo Matcha + Apple Replenishing Superfood Shampoo
    CurlyWorld Sham-Free Cleanser
    FORM Clarify Shampoo

Briogeo Kale + Apple Replenishing Superfood Conditioner
    Briogeo Rosarco Repair Conditioner (2 bottles)
    Klorane Mango Butter Conditioner (used as a cowash)
    Curlyworld Terms & Conditions Conditioner
    Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair Deep Conditioning Mask
    Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair Deep Conditioning Cap System
    Klorane Mango Butter Deep Conditioning Mask.

Kinky Curly Curling Custard Gel
    Briogeo Rosarco leave-in Milk (3 bottles)
    Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair Leave-In Mask.

The rest of my stash I gave away or threw out.
    Last edited by nycelle; September 26th, 2018 at 09:30 AM. Reason: added.. found more items

Be the voice for those that can't speak...

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I actually resisted shampoo 3 times this week, the H&S deal at Lidl (3pack for 6.69 euro, which is cheap), the Pantene deal at Aldi (6.99 euro for 2 shampoos and a conditioner), and the deal at Colruyt (your Costco in the US) where Pantene was 1.99 a bottle, so even cheaper than the Aldi deal. I have stuff enough to use up. I am so proud of myself; is that weird? LOL!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by Natashap View Post
    I am on strong no-buy.

Also no new bottle opening till I finish what's opened .

I need to control my hoarding issues .

Also no excuses to buy even if product is on sale or "clearance".
    Hahaha...they need to start a hair hoarders show!

Oh no, not even clearance products?! Now you are really forcing me to get ahold of my addiction!

Does this also mean that we shouldn’t even LOOK at hair products, even if we don’t buy them?

I’m gonna need some gum to get through this withdrawal.

Length
    16"/21"/Thigh
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Well, I posted in this thread a couple of years ago, and since then I've used up some products but also bought more at a similar if not higher rate. My stash currently fits in my bathroom under the cupboard, and fills one whole 3" by 1.5" shelf in my pantry. STILL.. i just did an experiment where I actually only used one bottle of shampoo until it was finished. It was a regular sized bottle of v05. It took me 4 months. . I did some estimating, and I seriously have over 10 years of shampoo and conditioner on hand, since I tend to use a minimal amount of product. I am re-joining this thread and instituting a spending freeze.

I do have a practical question though, how long does shampoo and conditioner last? I'm thinking I should use the natural type stuff and anything opened first, plus give some away because I can't possibly use it all before it goes bad. Does anyone have old stuff in their stash that is still good?

I will be posting my list once I tally it up in a day or so..

Quote Originally Posted by andrea1982 View Post
    Well, I posted in this thread a couple of years ago, and since then I've used up some products but also bought more at a similar if not higher rate. My stash currently fits in my bathroom under the cupboard, and fills one whole 3" by 1.5" shelf in my pantry. STILL.. i just did an experiment where I actually only used one bottle of shampoo until it was finished. It was a regular sized bottle of v05. It took me 4 months. . I did some estimating, and I seriously have over 10 years of shampoo and conditioner on hand, since I tend to use a minimal amount of product. I am re-joining this thread and instituting a spending freeze.

I do have a practical question though, how long does shampoo and conditioner last? I'm thinking I should use the natural type stuff and anything opened first, plus give some away because I can't possibly use it all before it goes bad. Does anyone have old stuff in their stash that is still good?

Believe it or not, shampoos and conditioners do go bad over time. A hairdresser told my mom that the joico products you find at Walmart and drugstores are given to them by the hair salons who didn’t sell them....so they are quite aged and will likely go bad within the year. If the smell and color are off, chances are they have spoiled.

I’m guessing 2-3 years, average.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie Locks View Post
    Believe it or not, shampoos and conditioners do go bad over time. A hairdresser told my mom that the joico products you find at Walmart and drugstores are given to them by the hair salons who didn’t sell them....so they are quite aged and will likely go bad within the year. If the smell and color are off, chances are they have spoiled.

I’m guessing 2-3 years, average.
    I used up about 3, 10+ year old shampoos about 6 months to a year ago (Nivea brand). If the consistency is fine, the smell is fine, I am going to use it up.

It takes a long long time for things to go bad. Often you don't have to go by the date on the bottle. But that's up to everyone individually. Some people get weird reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I used up about 3, 10+ year old shampoos about 6 months to a year ago (Nivea brand). If the consistency is fine, the smell is fine, I am going to use it up.

It takes a long long time for things to go bad. Often you don't have to go by the date on the bottle. But that's up to everyone individually. Some people get weird reactions.
    Yup, I think it depends on the brand and the ingredients too...and when it was made....although many brands don’t even date their hair product bottles here in Canada. Some last way longer than others. I’m the same...if it smells and looks decent, I’ll use it....unless it’s ridiculously old. Lol. Then I usually just chuck it out. I guess I just feel weird about using products that have been sitting around too long.

Length
    25.5"/.../Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by andrea1982 View Post

Nope, I won't use very old products. But I also know that if I haven't used them up in the first year or two, there's generally a reason... something like it just didn't work well for me.

I'm also a product junkie, had something like 60 hair products. I slowly gave half away, and still have about 10 or so items that will eventually find a new home.

Be the voice for those that can't speak...

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie Locks View Post
    Yup, I think it depends on the brand and the ingredients too...and when it was made....although many brands don’t even date their hair product bottles here in Canada. Some last way longer than others. I’m the same...if it smells and looks decent, I’ll use it....unless it’s ridiculously old. Lol. Then I usually just chuck it out. I guess I just feel weird about using products that have been sitting around too long.
    When it's too old, and I'm doubtful, but the consistency & smell are fine, I use it as handsoap and pour it in the handsoap container, or keep it for that reason. I haven't had to buy handsoap in ages!