Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: L'oréal: Elseve / Elvital / Elvive Products

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: L'oréal: Elseve / Elvital / Elvive Products

I’ve used all the Elvive Dream Lengths products and the only ones I would recommend are the leave in conditioner and the 8 second miracle water. The leave in conditioner isn’t the best (I would rate it about 7/10) but it does the job if you need a good detangler in the morning. The 8 second miracle water however, is a 10/10. It leaves my hair unbelievably shiny and soft. I only wish I didn’t run through it so quickly.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

I used L'Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Oil Detangle Spray today for the first time. I will not be using it a second time.

This product is drying and does not detangle my hair at all. Instead it has left my hair coated in ugh and even more tangled. What a complete waste of money.

Into the bin it goes.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by clairenewcastle View Post
    I used L'Oreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Oil Detangle Spray today for the first time. I will not be using it a second time.

This product is drying and does not detangle my hair at all. Instead it has left my hair coated in ugh and even more tangled. What a complete waste of money.

Into the bin it goes.
    Did you shake it up well? Because you have to mix the oil with the liquid.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Elvive Conditioner Only did wonders for my hair when I had Chemo Curls. My hair was so tightly curled, it was like a 4c or 4d. Right after Cancer, it literally grew out in tight dreadlocks. I didn't know how to care for it. It hurt so bad to brush it, I would cry. The tangles, and my cancer-tender scalp, it was too much. It would mat up as soon as it was brushed through, even if I added a ton of leave in oils, grease, and conditioner.

I found that conditioner only with Elvive softened my curls so nicely. And with the addition of a wet brush, it was a God-send. I used about 1 bottle a week, for my short hair. I loved it.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

Yes, I gave the bottle a good shake before spraying for I'd read online that it needed it but no, no, no.....no slip at all. It has made my hair worse. Now I'm worried about how well it will shampoo out. My next shampoo is Sunday evening.

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Loreal has launched a new line called “Glycolic Gloss” which is for shine and to treat porosity, I’m so excited! I’m in Brazil right now and picked up all the products to try that I could find (all except the acidic spray).

In Europe we have slightly different products, I’m most excited about the lamellar water which is also an acidic treatment and my friend has raved about being even better than the Kerastase chroma absolu gloss!

I’ll have to compare the shampoo and conditioner as they have slightly different %!

Length
    Pixie/BCL/Class
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Please update us after you try them, pisinoe! I'm wondering if it will be similar to their Dream Lengths line. I liked how it felt but the scent was very strong
    Oh sing me a song of the sea,
    Selkie, siren, sisters thee.

Length
    BSL/HL/SDL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Peony91 View Post
    I’ve used all the Elvive Dream Lengths products and the only ones I would recommend are the leave in conditioner and the 8 second miracle water. The leave in conditioner isn’t the best (I would rate it about 7/10) but it does the job if you need a good detangler in the morning. The 8 second miracle water however, is a 10/10. It leaves my hair unbelievably shiny and soft. I only wish I didn’t run through it so quickly.
    Thanks for recommending the 8 second wonder water, I got it and it's pretty good!

The leave in cream is ok too and I think the conditioner is good as well. I will likely not try the shampoo because I'm positive it will not be cleansing enough and will weigh my hair down

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I just got their purple shampoo; sadly the bottle is like "200ml", come on! I mean bottles keep getting smaller and smaller when the original contents weren't even cutting it. Sheesh. My God do you want people in the store that bad; obviously.

Anyway, the shampoo. I love that it's a consistency where you do not have to worry about any color getting on you or you getting any staining in the tub whatsoever. It's "in" the shampoo, so you absolutely get 0 purple on your hands; love it! It was near sold out at our Aldi last week at 2nd one 50% off. I got a couple bottles because it's so hard to find (and I do not want to special order from Kruidvat, they "do" postNL as a shipper and that sucks)
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kelp View Post
    Please update us after you try them, pisinoe! I'm wondering if it will be similar to their Dream Lengths line. I liked how it felt but the scent was very strong
    This is definitely the best range from Elseve I've ever tried! The conditioner is amazing, has incredible slip and insane detangling properties. It's very hydrating and does give a lot of shine, and truly seems to help with porosity! The leave-in is also great. The shampoo is good but I don't notice anything extraordinay, it's not drying I guess and cleans well. The whole range smells wonderful!!!!!! And it lasts for hours on the hair
    Collarbone (12.08.21) | Armpit (16.10.21) | Midback (14.10.22) | Waist (06.02.23) | Hip (23.03.24) | Belly Button