Page 1567 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 567106714671517155715651566156715681569157716171667 ... LastLast
Results 15,661 to 15,670 of 17398

Thread: The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Default Re: The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Yup!

I soo couldn't pass it up. Got a kind of crazy look and a polite 'Isn't wonderful when you stumble upon stuff like that' when I said I was buying them because they matched a hair accessory I had. Which is just fine because I would have given the same look. :P

And I did manage to snag the coordinating necklace too!
    "Do you ever feel like a misfit? Everything inside you is dark and twisted
    but it's okay to be different
    'cause baby, so am I" ~So Am I

Yes prices have gone up; that has caused me to empty my cart a few times in the past....and since buying the leather bolos (which I love)....I am not buying any more .

* Plus I prefer them have to no stick.... and have removed them all so I can use all my own sticks that match/coordinate

The change in beading is also an issue for me re: the larger sizes; some are not as pretty as the smaller sizes actually ...and have not bought them for that reason as well
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; October 16th, 2019 at 10:27 AM.

Yep.. I noticed that as well.. price increase. Bummer really.. soon enough if they keep this up they'll be heading the way of Ficcare and I won't be buying anymore.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I didn't even notice the price increase, but then again, I don't visit the site very much so the prices wouldn't be in recent memory for me. I did, however, think to myself that stuff seemed a bit more expensive than I imagined... Thanks for the info! Do you guys know of any concrete example that Flexi Y is now X USD more expensive than before?
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    I didn't even notice the price increase, but then again, I don't visit the site very much so the prices wouldn't be in recent memory for me. I did, however, think to myself that stuff seemed a bit more expensive than I imagined... Thanks for the info! Do you guys know of any concrete example that Flexi Y is now X USD more expensive than before?
    i think that prices haven't changed since I discovered LR a couple of years ago, just the last FOTM was 2$ more expensive than any other flexi before, and some flexis I think have increased 1-2$ its price (Adora or Penelope for example) But it's probably a sign that prices will rise on new items...
    Last edited by Milady_DeWinter; October 16th, 2019 at 07:52 AM.

BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCLTBLWristClassic!FTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 42,5" - 108cm
    My little braid thread

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Milady_DeWinter View Post
    i think that prices haven't changed since I discovered LR a couple of years ago, just the last FOTM was 2$ more expensive than any other flexi before, and some flexis I think have increased 1-2$ its price (Adora or Penelope for example) But it's probably a sign that prices will rise on new items...
    Exactly - they're not (generally) putting up existing prices, but new items coming out seem to be more expensive than older equivalent items. I recall the FOTMs starting at $17 was an increase a couple of years ago, and now starting at $19 is another increase. It is understandable as their costs all round have probably increased over time, but for me even customs fees aside I'm not sure I can justify spending quite so much for what the clips actually are. [Even in the sales, the clips I still want often aren't reduced enough for me, alas.]

Edit: forgot to say, KameRose that's so cool!

Edit 2: GroovyGranny you reminded me, I was really hoping when they introduced the stickless metal 8s that they would be sightly more affordable buuuut no, they were the usual flexi prices (because they had more large beads than regular flexis?) So that was a shame.
    Last edited by MusicalSpoons; October 16th, 2019 at 08:25 AM.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Well, if they keep rising prices I'll probably buy way less too (plus i have a ton of flexis already, so I should only pick the ones that I really need (I'm still hoping for a mouse/squirrel flexi). And I'm waiting for sales mostly, full price is a tad too much for what the clips actually are, as MusicalSpoons said

My little braid thread

Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

I always wait for the Black Friday (or comparable disount sale in order to justify prices, so I guess we'll see what the damage is next month

A squirrel Flexi would be so CUTE! I'm thinking something along the lines of a flying squirrel...

Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mwallingford View Post
    I always wait for the Black Friday (or comparable disount sale in order to justify prices, so I guess we'll see what the damage is next month

A squirrel Flexi would be so CUTE! I'm thinking something along the lines of a flying squirrel...
    YES! I would die for a flexi like that

My little braid thread

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by KameRose View Post
    Okay I was shopping today at Kohl's and while helping my mother pick out something for my sister I found these earings! I could not pass it up. And there is even a matching necklace which I will be ordering shortly.

Now I don't know flexi name for the life of me but here are the earrings with the matching flexi(a medium):

I just had to share this wonderful find.

I also have a stylist exclusive on the way, the mixed metal moth one in large.
    Looks awesome, like they were made for each other! Perfect!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)