Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 4097

Thread: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    Perhaps dry oils based on coco-caprylate.
    Thanks, I noticed last night as I was finger detangling to pull knots apart, there were dust particles caught up in between most of the knots. My hair has been knotting a lot more than it used to. I think I may have to stop using oils, or only use them if I'm washing it out straight away as with pre poo or ROO, we'll see. I got a coney conditioner after being cone free for a few months now, hopefully that and a decrease use of oils and leave ins will help. If I can find an oil that softens but doesn't attract the amount of dust I've been having, that'd be nice
    Last edited by JasminxCat; March 11th, 2021 at 01:24 PM.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    Thanks, I noticed last night as I was finger detangling to pull knots apart, there were dust particles caught up in between most of the knots. My hair has been knotting a lot more than it used to. I think I may have to stop using oils, or only use them if I'm washing it out straight away as with pre poo or ROO, we'll see. I got a coney conditioner after being cone free for a few months now, hopefully that and a decrease use of oils and leave ins will help. If I can find an oil that softens but doesn't attract the amount of dust I've been having, that'd be nice
    Yeah, ROO was a lifesaver for me - all the benefits of using oil (for me, anyway) without the lint
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    Is there an oil that doesn't attract so much dust? I've heard about mineral oil, but not sure if that's true
    That is true for me.

ETA that for getting rid of the possibility of dust/lint in hair, covering it before doing dirty work or just going out into the world can’t be beat. This is especially helpful during allergy season if that applies to you!
    Last edited by knobbly; March 11th, 2021 at 03:05 PM. Reason: ETA
    I woke up like this (brushing the top of my calves somehow??)

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

In less than 2 weeks I'll have this event (at home) and I need my hair to stay in place, to look nice. But my hair is unpredictable. So , I thought that straight it in some way can be the best option, but I don't know how to do. I don't want to use a flat iron. I'll use an hairdryer but not to blowdry, just to dry it faster. Do you have suggestions for a routine to make my hair straighter? (and do we have a thread for that?) I know it can seem easy with my texture, but the last time I tried using my old routine (from the days before starting encouraging waves) I ended up yes with straight-ish hair, but it was very frizzy and dry, it felt way worst than in a regular washday.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I still get lint with ROO, but then I use 3 stylers, one on top of the other after the wash. And that pretty much does it for lint!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    In less than 2 weeks I'll have this event (at home) and I need my hair to stay in place, to look nice. But my hair is unpredictable. So , I thought that straight it in some way can be the best option, but I don't know how to do. I don't want to use a flat iron. I'll use an hairdryer but not to blowdry, just to dry it faster. Do you have suggestions for a routine to make my hair straighter? (and do we have a thread for that?) I know it can seem easy with my texture, but the last time I tried using my old routine (from the days before starting encouraging waves) I ended up yes with straight-ish hair, but it was very frizzy and dry, it felt way worst than in a regular washday.
    Oh, I know that struggle! If you don't want an updo/braids, would blowdrying it with a round brush work? Last time I was at a hairdresser, they did that and my hair was pin-straight. There are probably tutorials on youtube. I'd also consider braidwaves, I've been experimenting with those to get a more consistent texture! It's a hit-or-miss, though, you might have to try a few versions.

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ynne View Post
    Oh, I know that struggle! If you don't want an updo/braids, would blowdrying it with a round brush work? Last time I was at a hairdresser, they did that and my hair was pin-straight. There are probably tutorials on youtube. I'd also consider braidwaves, I've been experimenting with those to get a more consistent texture! It's a hit-or-miss, though, you might have to try a few versions.
    I really like braids, but unfortunately I'm not good at it... Or at least, not as good to get a nett look. Unfortunately my hair is too... I don't know how to say, but it's very hard to create braiwaves because it's like my hair isn't flexible enough and always ends up frizzy and ironically my hair looks straighter and more messy that with my natural texture. I thought about blow drying but actually I don't know if I own a brush useful for that, since I use tangle teezer type of brushes for like 8 years...

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

How about Frida Kahlo braids?

No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Feral_ thank you for the suggestion, I'm actually starting contemplating some braid who looks fancy but with an easy realization.

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Feral_ thank you for the suggestion, I'm actually starting contemplating some braid who looks fancy but with an easy realization.
    Rope braids? Look really nice and pretty easy to accomplish.