Page 13 of 354 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: The Deep Conditioning/Treatment Check-in Thread

Length
    Pixie/Hip/Cl+
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Re: The Deep Conditioning/Treatment Check-in Thread

I slathered my hair in Panacea and I'm going to wash soon. I love the way this smells. So herby and lovely.
    Pixie...Chin...Shoulder...Collarbone...APL...BSL...Waist...Hip...Tailbone...Classic

Length
    cbl/ftl/knee
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I found that adding aloe vera gel to my regular conditioner and leaving it on for longer (like 15-20 minutes) serves as a deep condition. Ive been doing it about every other shower and I like the results I get from it...I started doing it because I didnt have honey for an smt
    ۞
    Lady Tyet, Weaver of the Endless Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Well another methi pack today. My recipe is a bit different to last time as I added aloe gel instead of yogurt. Anyway it's equal parts methi seed, brahmi and henna, left to get the mucilage release for about 12 hours. Just before I put it on I added rosemary and peppermint EO's and some aloe gel. I'll probably only leave it on for an hour this time though.
    As usual I heavily oiled for a few days, well most of the week before hand. I used Sesa oil tuesday night and wednesday night then thursday friday and last night I used pune mahabhringraj oil then also the Khadi vitalising oil. I also added some ylang ylang when using the mahabhringraj and some rosemary this morning. God this is long winded! Oh and I've started sleeping in a satin sleep cap and wooly hat after oiling.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Well another methi pack today. My recipe is a bit different to last time as I added aloe gel instead of yogurt. Anyway it's equal parts methi seed, brahmi and henna, left to get the mucilage release for about 12 hours. Just before I put it on I added rosemary and peppermint EO's and some aloe gel. I'll probably only leave it on for an hour this time though.
    As usual I heavily oiled for a few days, well most of the week before hand. I used Sesa oil tuesday night and wednesday night then thursday friday and last night I used pune mahabhringraj oil then also the Khadi vitalising oil. I also added some ylang ylang when using the mahabhringraj and some rosemary this morning. God this is long winded! Oh and I've started sleeping in a satin sleep cap and wooly hat after oiling.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I'm marinading in an SMT this morning. I only put the SMT on my length. On my scalp, I'm trying a caffeine rinse. I figured I could do two things at once, and if the caffeine actually helps my hair grow faster, then that'll be a bonus.

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017

Length
    CBL/BSL/TB
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    I slathered my hair in Panacea and I'm going to wash soon. I love the way this smells. So herby and lovely.
    Same here it's on my head right now. Love it!

{APL♥ BSL♥ MBL ♥ Waist ♥ Hip ♥ TBL ♥ Classic}

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Did a deep conditioning yesterday after my work out session. I just wet my hair, put some Garnier Respons mother of pearl & cherry hair mask on and kept it in for the hour I spent in the sauna. No big difference but I like to think it was a nice thing to do to my hair instead of just sit in the heat.

BOB * SL * APL * BSL * WAIST *HIP * BCL * CLASSIC? *

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

So glad for this thread. I was unsure if I did my protein treatment the first of November or the second week. I see now it was the second week, so I'm probably just going to coast through December without another protein treatment. I want to get onto a 1st of the month schedule with it so I can remember.

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017

Length
    0.1/SHL/MB
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I really cant tbe bothered with the whole Deep Conditioner idea , at least in the voluntary way. I just heavy oil my hair in jojoba oil the 2 days preview my next hair wash and wear it in a sleek low bun.... Nobody really notices that I am a oil monster in the bun and want to think this is somewhow a deep treament but really dont know.

Im a natural 1B-C head and growing out from so!

<a href=https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69220&dateline=1544502239 target=_blank>https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...ine=1544502239</a>

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLongLocks View Post
    So glad for this thread. I was unsure if I did my protein treatment the first of November or the second week. I see now it was the second week, so I'm probably just going to coast through December without another protein treatment. I want to get onto a 1st of the month schedule with it so I can remember.
    Otherwise just stick a label to your DT jar and write the date on it every time, even in advance, so you know when to grab it.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)