Page 106 of 121 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1203

Thread: The official 2-week rule thread!

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: The official 2-week rule thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    I am looking to darken my hair as little as possible and just get a little strawberry tone, I think.
    Check cassia with rubia ( manjistha) , should work great for strawberry blonde
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by paulownia View Post
    Check cassia with rubia ( manjistha) , should work great for strawberry blonde
    Is it also permanent like henna, or does it fade? So far I was looking primarily at Nightblooming's Rusalka, which looks quite subtle.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Is it also permanent like henna, or does it fade? So far I was looking primarily at Nightblooming's Rusalka, which looks quite subtle.
    No, they are not as permanent as pure henna
    I like cassia mostly because it gives volume and enhances curl pattern 😁
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Length
    HL/TBL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I don't know about the photobleaching, but:

1. for sure, with the right mix! But take in consideration the difference between your virgin hair and the bleached section.
    3. Cool undertones look better with cool hair colors. Warm tones on cool undertones can make your face look more yellowish. Obviously, if someone doesn't care, fine. If you care, I would recommend something very mild.

Why do you want to dye your hair? I mean, after so many years...

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by paulownia View Post
    No, they are not as permanent as pure henna
    I like cassia mostly because it gives volume and enhances curl pattern 😁
    Alright. Yeah, I would welcome enhanced texture, for sure! With henna, I worry a bit about losing waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    I don't know about the photobleaching, but:

1. for sure, with the right mix! But take in consideration the difference between your virgin hair and the bleached section.
    3. Cool undertones look better with cool hair colors. Warm tones on cool undertones can make your face look more yellowish. Obviously, if someone doesn't care, fine. If you care, I would recommend something very mild.

Why do you want to dye your hair? I mean, after so many years...
    Thank you for the input!

I think I am just looking for a change, and because I am starting to perform (music) more now, I seek something a bit more striking yet natural.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Thanks, guys!

I will definitely be strand testing.

I am looking to darken my hair as little as possible and just get a little strawberry tone, I think.
    Ylva, I would wait until your hair is all natural, and the bleach is totally gone; is it gone yet?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Ylva, I would wait until your hair is all natural, and the bleach is totally gone; is it gone yet?
    No, about half of my hair is bleached (half of the length, not overall volume).

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Ohhh that could look SOOO good, on half bleached/half virgin hair.

I have read that hennaed hair can photobleach, a similar principle to how hennaed hair can be chemically bleached so the underlying hair lightens but without removing the henna much or at all. But I have no idea whether it would affect the degree of photobleaching - and I recommend seeking confirmation from someone more authoritative to be able to confidently inform your decision.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    CBL/HL/CL
    Type
    2a/C/iii

I never thought I'd be writing this, but I am actually finding myself contemplating henna from time to time. And before your fingers burst into a raging panic: yes, I know it's very permanent!

There are a few main things I am pondering. There is probably a better thread to ask these questions, but since there are many henna-aware people here, maybe this one works for now.

1. Is it possible to henna "mildly" so that you just gain a somewhat minor change in colour?
    2. Does hennaed hair still get photobleached?
    3. Since I have pink (cool) undertones in my face and it sometimes gets red, would reddish (warm) hair balance that out or simply make me look like a tomato?

I am in no hurry with this, so I am giving it way longer than 2 weeks.
    Henna is orange, and will look more so on top of blonde hair, against a cool skin tone. Next to the warm henna, cool skin tones can look unhealthy and lack radiance. There is no balancing out.

Below you write that you want something striking yet natural as you are performing music. "Striking yet natural" is how I would describe your hair now! That length will always be striking, especially in simple plait styles.

From your photos, your natural colouring seems cool, muted, and light. Achieving a striking look with muted (i.e. low-contrast) colouring is an interesting challenge, with some counterintuitive solutions. As someone with fairly muted colouring, I get a striking effect from dressing in a monochrome way. If I add more contrasting elements, it seems to bring me down to earth and I can look well put-together and approachable, but not particularly striking. Dressing with a restricted dark palette (because my colouring is dark) that has even less contrast than my features adds a sense of mystery. I can imagine a striking look for you involving a full outfit in a light neutral colour for you, with something to bring out the colour of your eyes, a jacket (fairly long, with strong shoulders?), and hair worn in a single long plait with not many other distractions (perhaps silver jewellery).
    Images in old threads not showing up? Try the image fixer browser extension.

I have pink undertones in my skin, and a face that tends to easily blush/redden and break-out in acne! I have no experience with henna, but I have dyed my hair every color over the years. Burgundy worked and was striking on me (dark eyebrows) but ginger, orange, red tints kinda make me feel like a blotchy tomato Even pink colors I lean toward pinks with a touch of purple, otherwise I don’t like the effect.

Maybe try wearing shirts in different varieties of the henna color palate (after you do testers and know how it will come out)!
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th