Page 1003 of 1501 FirstFirst ... 350390395399310011002100310041005101310531103 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,030 of 15009

Thread: Buzz | Ear | Chin

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Any Super-Shorties Out There???

Quote Originally Posted by oktobergoud View Post
    Welcome! I have an angled bob as well that is just to hit my shoulders, it's getting there, slowly..

Anyway, hello! How is everyone?

I'm thinking of doing a '30-day-updo-challenge' in September. Because 1. I don't like my hair down and 2. with my new job I need to put it up anyway. Plus right now I'm staring at it every day to see if it has reached shoulder length yet. I want to let that go!

So I guess that's a nice challenge.

I'm also already bored of the ombre and miss my fully red hair haha! I'm now using a shampoo containing sls to let it fade as fast as possible...
    I'm thinking of getting in on that challenge too. My hair looks like a shaggy, nasty mess every day; so I put the front up--back is still too short and layerey. But, if I look at it carefully, and use my imagination, I think it will look pretty good in another 2 or 4 or 6 more inches. It's this horrible in-between that is SO trying! --I mean, I looked great with my pixie! I colored it and bleached it a zillion times! It would grow and I'd have it cut into a different shapes... This ongoing hot mess head of hair is not for the faint of heart....

Stay the course, Oktober. We'll get there.

henna keeps it
    red, and red makes me happy.
    Pixied for 15+ years and liked it.
    Growing for fun.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Welcome! I have an angled bob as well that is just to hit my shoulders, it's getting there, slowly..

Anyway, hello! How is everyone?

I'm thinking of doing a '30-day-updo-challenge' in September. Because 1. I don't like my hair down and 2. with my new job I need to put it up anyway. Plus right now I'm staring at it every day to see if it has reached shoulder length yet. I want to let that go!

So I guess that's a nice challenge.

I'm also already bored of the ombre and miss my fully red hair haha! I'm now using a shampoo containing sls to let it fade as fast as possible...
    Hey! I can't believe you're bored of the awesome ombre. It's so pretty!

Good luck with the challenge
    To bra strap length, and beyond!
    *Pixie*Shag*Jaw*Shoulder*Collarbone*APLBSL

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by joflakes View Post
    Hey! I can't believe you're bored of the awesome ombre. It's so pretty!

Good luck with the challenge
    Thanks!

Yeah I don't know either. I mean, I like the look, I really do! But I feel so boring with brown? That is why I never dyed it brown before (this year that is, I have dyed it brown before): I know I love how it looks, but I also know how boring I will feel with brown hair. I'm just such a redhead at heart, I think! I just like 'extreme' colours. I always dyed my hair either black, platinum (as in WHITE) or red! Everything in between always seems off and boring!

I'm going to dye my hair really bright red in a few weeks and am wondering what to do if the brown hasn't faded yet..
    Last edited by oktobergoud; August 28th, 2012 at 02:26 AM.

pixie. bob. chin length. shoulder. collarbone. APL. BSL. Waist?
    My hair journal! & My portfolio

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

You guyssss, I'm so close to shoulder!

Buzz~Pixie~Shaggy mess~Shoulders~APL~BSL~Waist~Classic

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by omgitssarah View Post
    You guyssss, I'm so close to shoulder!

Man, your hair is thick!! Amazing

My hair is so close to shoulder as well.. the front is longer though, so it's hard to see what length it is. I mean, when I stretch a strand of hair at the front, it ALMOST hits my collar bones!

It's confusing. I have decided that the back of my hair need to hit a certain mole on my back (lol I know!) before I have officially reached shoulder length :P Hopefully just 2 more months or so...

posting a pic for fun as well.. my hair is so fine and fluffy ugh. I also look like a ghost, sorry for that :P And I miss my red hair dearly! I'm looking into techniques to let the brown fade as fast as possible. Any tips?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

And I miss my red hair dearly! I'm looking into techniques to let the brown fade as fast as possible. Any tips?
    Patience? Maybe try and wash more often, so the dye fades faster. Isn't it one of those "fades after x-number of washes" dyes?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

And I miss my red hair dearly! I'm looking into techniques to let the brown fade as fast as possible. Any tips?
    This is probably not a TLHC approved method, but I've faded haircolor with it once or twice: Wash your hair in hot water with dish soap, like Dawn or Palmolive. Rinse and repeat until you don't see any more color in your rinse water. It's a little harsh because the hot water opens up the hair shaft and the dish soap strips everything off. My hair is usually pretty dry afterward, so you might want to follow up with a SMT or other deep conditioning treatment.

I've also read in the forums that repeated hennas seem to remove old hair color. It shrinks the old dye molecules and blasts them out of the hairshaft somehow. My hair seems to support this idea: I started growing after my first henna, and I covered a salon brunette haircolor and gray roots. After repeated hennas, the last 2 inches of my hair seems to be a brighter red than the rest--almost like the henna took the place of the brunette dye?

Good luck with it, and I do think the brown is very pretty. I can see how you would get tired of it, though. I had my salon brunette for 4 weeks and got so sick of it!

henna keeps it
    red, and red makes me happy.
    Pixied for 15+ years and liked it.
    Growing for fun.

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Thanks, oktober! I've decided that I'm calling shoulder as soon as I can get away with it. xD
    Buzz~Pixie~Shaggy mess~Shoulders~APL~BSL~Waist~Classic

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Patience? Maybe try and wash more often, so the dye fades faster. Isn't it one of those "fades after x-number of washes" dyes?
    Yeah it is, but it's 28 washes!! For me that would be 14 weeks.. so about 3,5 months? :P I already wash my hair more often now but it's still so dark!

I don't have patience haha. Thing is, my roots are much lighter and are coming in now, so it looks really weird.. going from very light to really dark to gradually lighter :P

Quote Originally Posted by browneyedsusan View Post
    This is probably not a TLHC approved method, but I've faded haircolor with it once or twice: Wash your hair in hot water with dish soap, like Dawn or Palmolive. Rinse and repeat until you don't see any more color in your rinse water. It's a little harsh because the hot water opens up the hair shaft and the dish soap strips everything off. My hair is usually pretty dry afterward, so you might want to follow up with a SMT or other deep conditioning treatment.

I've also read in the forums that repeated hennas seem to remove old hair color. It shrinks the old dye molecules and blasts them out of the hairshaft somehow. My hair seems to support this idea: I started growing after my first henna, and I covered a salon brunette haircolor and gray roots. After repeated hennas, the last 2 inches of my hair seems to be a brighter red than the rest--almost like the henna took the place of the brunette dye?

Good luck with it, and I do think the brown is very pretty. I can see how you would get tired of it, though. I had my salon brunette for 4 weeks and got so sick of it!
    Thanks! I'll try it out. I also read something about baking soda, might try that out as well. I'd love to use henna a few times before I died it a chemical red (which I want to do, just once) but I was afraid that somehow the henna would somehow eh.. make the hairdye stick longer? I'm not sure though.. I'll just wait a few more weeks I think. I might just use a soap cap (bleach with low vol. & very diluted with shampoo, always works!)

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Yeah it is, but it's 28 washes!! For me that would be 14 weeks.. so about 3,5 months? :P I already wash my hair more often now but it's still so dark!

I don't have patience haha. Thing is, my roots are much lighter and are coming in now, so it looks really weird.. going from very light to really dark to gradually lighter :P
    Would washing 3 to 4 times a week be doable? I know, it seems like it's not much of a solution, but... I wouldn't bleach it out, that's for sure. Washing a few times more a week is really all it's going to take.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)