Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909899100

Thread: Herbal Essences products

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Herbal Essences products

Quote Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post
    Well now we know where all the Hello Hydration went…
    ROFL! Yeah well... yeah well... I have no excuse. 0. I just like it a lot. The only things that have come close are the masks (treats / hair food) by Garnier; those are niiiice!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Curious. Very Curious. Ophidian's Avatar
    Length
    Buzz/FTL+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    ROFL! Yeah well... yeah well... I have no excuse. 0. I just like it a lot. The only things that have come close are the masks (treats / hair food) by Garnier; those are niiiice!
    Ooooo I’ve been meaning to try some of those treats, do you have a favorite?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post
    Ooooo I’ve been meaning to try some of those treats, do you have a favorite?
    Banana is up there, and papaya is a tad better (mostly smell-wise). Macadamia haven't tried. Watermelon haven't tried. Aloe vera haven't tried.

I think you can't go wrong with any of them, but like I said, I only tried 2 so far!

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by AshtangiPNW View Post
    Congrats on being a new mom! I can imagine that it would be exhausting- you must be really busy. I usually condition twice. It's more of a "condition until there isn't anything that remotely resembles a tangle or could become a tangle" approach. I really liked how the coconut milk one worked for my hair, but it definitely causes some skin issues for me. Unfortunate! It's hard to say whether it's caused by the coconut, the kelp, or even the M preservatives.

My skin didn't have much of a transition period at all for tretinoin, which was surprising since I have pretty sensitive skin (as you may have noticed). It was a little dry and flaky for the first 2 weeks. I started out on a low % and over time have transitioned to .1%. I've been using it for a few years now. I think my skin is still a little dryer than prior to using the tretinoin. I haven't tried differin or retinol before. Just the retinoid. I didn't really have acne prior to starting the tretinoin, but my skin is definitely acne-prone. Most oils seem to cause acne if used on my hair as a leave-in for instance. Camellia seems to be an exception! If I get skin irritations or acne nowadays, it usually clears up pretty quickly. I mostly started the tretinoin for potential anti-aging benefits.

I hope the 50:50 works well for you! That's too bad about the rose shampoo. It's really tempting to use up products that don't work well for hair/scalp/skin, especially when they have an alluring fragrance. I've had to start putting products that cause actual skin irritation etc. in a separate section of my cabinet (the to-be-given-to-family area).

Good to hear that you like it, renia! The coconut milk conditioner didn't seem to linger in my hair as long as the hello hydration one. I also prefer the consistency of this one relative to the thicker ones. It melts into the hair instead of sitting on top.
    Thank you so much! It’s sure been exhausting, but I wouldn’t change a thing. Is your hair very tangle prone so to condition a lot? I’m very prone to tangles so I’m wondering if your method would work for me. I’d probably have to figures out a second conditioner though. I know about the skin issues thing, I was recently trying the L’Oréal total repair 5 mask and I ended up with a couple bumps on my neck from it. I went ahead and picked up another bottle of the coconut milk conditioner, I’m excited for my hair to smell like it again lol!

I think I’ve figured out a decent routine to get the adapalene to work for me so far. I’ve almost been using it a full week without crazy dryness and irritation. I can’t use tretinoin while breastfeeding and I hear it’s ok to use adapalene while doing so. I don’t have insurance to cover tretinoin either, but I hear adapalene could also work for anti-aging. I’m using it more for my current acne but if I can get some anti-aging benefits I’m all for it!

So far the 50:50 is working far better than anything else I’ve used. Thank you for the recommendation! I still get an itchy scalp but it’s tolerable. I really like that it doesn’t leave me with a residue feeling like other sulfate free free shampoos I’ve used. That L’Oréal mask will definitely be going to someone else along with the other products I have that have been flops.

I went to the beach today & successfully protected my hair (I think). Washed it right when I got home & didn’t have a leave-in on hand that satisfied me, but I had a bottle if HE Hello Hydration nearly empty… so I watered it down and used it as a leave-in /detangler.

It was sooo easy to brush through with my TT, hope it dries OK! I got the idea to use it as a leave-in from a member here… I think is was dark40 who recently mentioned using it this way? I LOVE the smell lingering.

Almost posted this to random thoughts, but seems more applicable here. I never thought of using this particular conditioner as a leave-in, though I do it with my bars all the time. I guess I’ll be buying another bottle soon
    Maintaining 31” HL last bleach nov 2020 final goal is HL virgin hair by 6/2025 for my 40th

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

I just found these Tea Tree Orange Blossom shampoos at a discount store, not part of our regular line up here in the US, and couldn’t resist. We have a Tea Tree one (smells a little like Bath & Body Works Eucalyptus Spearmint line) and one that’s called just Orange Blossom (to my nose it’s a hint plastic-y, which I didn’t like), but this combo just smells fresh and citrusy, and I couldn’t pass them up .

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Awesome!

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Mini review for the jojoba lavender curls line. Although I liked the shampoo it first it seemed to leave an odd film and caused major scalp irritation so had to ditch it. The conditioner was the winner for me- it’s much thicker and creamier than the coconut milk one. I find I don’t have to use much to detangle either which is awesome!