Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: to all henna heads...henna overnight?

Length
    12"/21"/30"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: to all henna heads...henna overnight?

I'm an overnighter and an all dayer. Both work ok for me and when i do it depends on what I need to get done over the weekend. If I am going to be busy but need to henna, it goes on overnight, or if I henna during the work week. If I want to sit around the house and chill all day, I henna and chill all day saturday or sunday.
    Lady Ismene of the Silver Spiral in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    2010 Goals: WAIST by End of June w/ the help of Indian Herbs and Oils

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Im going to revive this super old thread because I hennaed over night last night... 13 hours... i over slept
    the color is VIBRANT though... I two step, and this saves a little time, I think once I decided to quit the indigo and start henna only, this will be what i do.
    it was really hard to sleep and it was super heavy and its not something to do when its cold and raining outside -- which it is right now -- so learned a lesson lol

---APL----BSL---WL---HIP---TBL---
    Lady Nott, Horse Mistress of the Witching Hour in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccalaurenxx View Post
    Im going to revive this super old thread because I hennaed over night last night... 13 hours... i over slept
    the color is VIBRANT though... I two step, and this saves a little time, I think once I decided to quit the indigo and start henna only, this will be what i do.
    it was really hard to sleep and it was super heavy and its not something to do when its cold and raining outside -- which it is right now -- so learned a lesson lol
    Lol yea it's better to do in summer time.

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I always used boxed henna and left it in for 30 min. after leaving it on for longer (a few hours) and not noticing a difference in color uptake. Maybe do a strand test next time, to see if it is actually worth it leaving it on for longer, hopefully saves you a sleepless night.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Glad I never have to do this 1 hour is usually enough for me, maybe 1.5 on the stubborn roots in back.

Length
    27/42.5/46
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I used to henna overnight (roots only). I didn't have much trouble with dripping, but I put the henna on dry hair and was only doing my roots, so maybe that decreased the drippiness factor. I usually wrapped two plastic bags and a towel over my head, and put a towel on my pillow. The color saturation was AWESOME and I liked that most of the waiting for the henna to soak in happened when I was sleeping. I will say, though, that it was not a super comfortable way to sleep, and not especially convenient if you share a bed with anyone. Now I henna on my day off and just leave it on for 6-8 hours.

Length
    28/39/44
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

^ my routine was the same as yours, gracenotes. I only overnight'ed a couple of times (my henna quickly got too dark and now I dislike it--learned my lesson the hard way), but I loved that I could just go to bed, wake up, and be done with it. But, yeah, I didn't get the most sound sleep on those nights. I'd normally wrap my cling-wrapped/plastic-bag-wrapped head in a tee shirt (thinner than a towel, so more comfortable for sleeping) and put a towel over the pillow.
    MBL | WL | HL | TBL | HL | TBL | CLSSC(?)

Length
    Chin/WL/Clsc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Oh my goodness, I can hardly tolerate keeping henna on for 4 hours, sometimes I only make it to 3! I get really uncomfortable and anxious after awhile with my head all wrapped up, plus my ears start to hurt. And then the drips....oh the drips. I have tried overnight henna before, a few months ago, and I barely slept. It's not for everyone, that's for sure. But kudos to those who can do it!
    ◊∞◊ lady seren, charter of the stars in the order of the long haired knights ◊∞◊
    CL - SL - APL- BSL - MBL- WL - HL - TBL
    last box dye: 10/2015 || last cut: 04/2016 || last henndigo: 08/2016 || last henna: 07/2017

Type
    3b/3c/F/M/iii

I'm normally an overnighter. I saran wrap, then use a plastic grocery bag, sometimes a scarf, and put a thick towel over my pillow. I normally also keep my mix fairly thick to help with drips and do either a whole head application or my roots and ends. Tonight however I am strongly considering washing it out early, 3 hours in and it is driving me crazy.

This video from hennaguys seems to show that overnight hennaing gives deeper dye results: https://youtube.com/shorts/olV8uaayo...ApaO5v3ZZol3xV

(I didn't find any new thread about this topic where to add this link...)