Thread: Keratin treatment and Henna

Crotchety Pastry GrowlingCupcake's Avatar
    Length
    15/21.5/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: Keratin treatment and Henna

Quote Originally Posted by Dallaria View Post
    You are right to mention that and yes , I knew where I was getting into. I ended up using henna o my hair a few hours ago (having trouble staying away from the mirror atm haha) and it was indeed veeery heavy , that will definitely become an issue in the future.. We’ll see .. Thankfully my hair is in good condition and it was all in the same color (my natural ash blond)
    If I ever get bored of this (finding it hard to believe but you never know) I was thinking of applying indigo on top of it , since I am determined not to go back to chemical dyes
    Instead of indigo (which will go green if you ever bleach it out), maybe consider cassia or a cassia-henna blend; it might add a nice golden tone to it.
    Big chop - 18th August 2021
    SL/15 - CLB/17 - APL/21 - MBL/26 - WL/30 - HL/32 - BCL/36 - TBL/40 - CL/45
    Measuring unstretched because flexibility is dumb.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by akurah View Post
    If your hair is still blonde, you weren't using henna.
    Yes that puzzles me somewhat, maybe she was reminiscing her natural color? I'm unsure.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1a/F/i/ii

No no , I said it WAS ash blond - my natural hair color. Now it has henna on it , so now more blond left

Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I am not planning on ever bleaching my hair again but I will definitely do separate strand tests with both indigo and cassia and take it from there - if needed. Thanks for that !

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Wow, I did not know that. Thank you so much for explaining that to me!

Just wait until you have a decent "chunk" of grow-out, it will get easier with time; and 2b should be manageable enough. It's just about learning to cope with it and putting the right stylers in after your wash; that's basically it!
    No problem!

I never actually experienced the grow-out. I just buzzed most of it off, into an undercut style with #2 clippers, which was really fun for a couple months before I decided to start growing it long. I'm very glad that I am not dealing with half-straight, half-wavy hair, since my natural texture has a lot of body, and the perm straightened hair was super flat. I can't even begin to imagine how much harder it would be for curl types 3-4 to grow out a straight perm. The whole experience made me much more in favor of embracing ones own texture.

Thank you for the info . I think ai will stay away from keratin treatments from now on. I will maybe start doing the rice-water treatment instead, a few times per month
    Glad to help Henna improves the texture and condition so much that maybe you'll find you don't even need keratin treatments anymore! Glad to hear you are loving it. It's been almost 3 years for me and I'm still super into henna and never plan on stopping.
    Buzz - Pixie - Bob - Shoulder - CBL - APL - MBL - Waist - Hip

Length
    3.9/24/30
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Thank you for the info . I think ai will stay away from keratin treatments from now on. I will maybe start doing the rice-water treatment instead, a few times per month
    You can also try using products with hydrolyzed keratin in them. They supposedly help the bonds in your hair. I use a leave-in and it makes my hair so smooth!
    Don't regret the chop, but now I want to see how long it can get

Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hexana View Post
    You can also try using products with hydrolyzed keratin in them. They supposedly help the bonds in your hair. I use a leave-in and it makes my hair so smooth!
    Thanks for the info!
    Lovely hair btw 😍

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by stardust lady View Post
    (I left a little poof on top like this https://www.hairstylezonex.com/wp-co...ie-Haircut.jpg)
    Your poof was gorgeous! Few people can wear that style so we'll.

Length
    Buzz/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hexana View Post
    Wow I was literally just looking for straightening leave-in products right before I decided to check the forum to see what was new. I'm going to check this out! Any recs? My hair is somewhere between 2b and 3a (it's too short to accurately type), but the crown is like a 1c/2a and won't hold a curl. I have tried so many times to "embrace my texture" but it's just not working. I think I need to encourage it to be straighter instead. I've been through this process about a million times, but here I am again...

Quote Originally Posted by Liz_H View Post
    Your poof was gorgeous! Few people can wear that style so we'll.
    Oh gosh I wish that was me! She and her hair are so gorgeous. I look nothing like that, but doesn't hurt to admire! Still, apparently I pulled it off really well! Some people said it made me look like the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - I didn't mind!
    Buzz - Pixie - Bob - Shoulder - CBL - APL - MBL - Waist - Hip