Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 4047

Thread: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Length
    Shldr/37/Clssc
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Quote Originally Posted by knobbly View Post
    You should check out this thread: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...d.php?t=151816

I’ve used Vida bars (Growth) for a few months. They are okay. I feel like my hair gets more staticky the weeks I use them vs. the alternate weeks when I don’t. I’ll use them up but will probably not repurchase, or at least will not repurchase the conditioner bar, the shampoo bar seems to work fine.
    Thanks for the link and for sharing your experience with Vida bars! There are so many choices lol, still have some time to decide as I have bottled shampoo to use up.

Length
    SL/KL/KL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Does hair dye expire? I have some unopened manic panic I was thinking of using from about... four or five years ago?
    mbl - wl - hl - bcl - tbl - cl - ftl - mtl -kl

54"

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyRose View Post
    Thanks for the link and for sharing your experience with Vida bars! There are so many choices lol, still have some time to decide as I have bottled shampoo to use up.
    Someone linked these on another thread... https://viori.com/collections/all
    I haven’t tried them, just putting here for info.
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by draysmir View Post
    Does hair dye expire? I have some unopened manic panic I was thinking of using from about... four or five years ago?
    I don't know, but unopened I'd probably assume it's still alright to use unless it smelt funny or looked wrong.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Quote Originally Posted by draysmir View Post
    1-3 years I think? Depends on the consistency, I guess you could open one and do some strand tests!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    I don't know, but unopened I'd probably assume it's still alright to use unless it smelt funny or looked wrong.
    ^^ Totally agree. I had a styler from a couple years ago (Shea Moisture, so more natural), sealed, opened it and there was a discoloration in the product up top and the smell had diminished quite a bit. I took the top of the cream off of there with a little bit of toilet paper, scooped some out at the top, and just used the jar, because the rest of the cream / consistency was still fine, and I can deal with less of a scent.

It just depends. All it can in effect do "wrong" is color less. Right? So you might as well give it a go!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    SL/KL/KL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    Ok, that makes sense, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    1-3 years I think? Depends on the consistency, I guess you could open one and do some strand tests!
    I didn't think to do a strand test, I'll try that first.

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    ^^ Totally agree. I had a styler from a couple years ago (Shea Moisture, so more natural), sealed, opened it and there was a discoloration in the product up top and the smell had diminished quite a bit. I took the top of the cream off of there with a little bit of toilet paper, scooped some out at the top, and just used the jar, because the rest of the cream / consistency was still fine, and I can deal with less of a scent.

It just depends. All it can in effect do "wrong" is color less. Right? So you might as well give it a go!
    That is true!

Thank you for everyone's input. Now to decide whether to do it now, or wait until I reach knee length...
    mbl - wl - hl - bcl - tbl - cl - ftl - mtl -kl

54"

Length
    6/26.5/41/53
    Type
    4a/F/ii

A quick search on Google Scholar and this thread did not yield anything so apologies as this most certainly has been asked before, does water consumption increase hair growth? I'm thinking if you normally drink about the minimum and you suddenly doubled it--would this boost, even slightly, hair growth? I keep thinking about my shrubs and trees and how much they grew this past year when I made a concerted effort to hand water them. I'm going to try but I want to cushion my disappointment if no one has noticed much acceleration. My thanks!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post

Just wanted to add this remark. It is in essence a deposit dye, so it can only be less effective. I would be careful with dyes that have developer supplied with them. Couple years can't hurt, my mom's dye keeps for that long and it is permanent dye, but over 5 years or so... I am unsure what that does.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by constancev18 View Post
    A quick search on Google Scholar and this thread did not yield anything so apologies as this most certainly has been asked before, does water consumption increase hair growth? I'm thinking if you normally drink about the minimum and you suddenly doubled it--would this boost, even slightly, hair growth? I keep thinking about my shrubs and trees and how much they grew this past year when I made a concerted effort to hand water them. I'm going to try but I want to cushion my disappointment if no one has noticed much acceleration. My thanks!
    I'm going to say ... no. If we had trees or grass growing from our heads, maybe Though wouldn't it be nice?