Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the site

Length
    33/33/41
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default New to the site

Hi everybody I am here for support I want to go out my already long hair too extremely long I want it to be classic length and I’m not sure if that’s possible. I have my longest layer at my tailbone now also I am getting older and I feel like there’s a lot of pressure to have short hair as you get older

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: New to the site

Howdy, nice to meet you : D You're already very close to classic length, and there are plenty of folks on here who didn't start growing out their hair until they were older. I think you can do it!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Welcome!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Welcome here! If you want longer hair as you get older, there's no time like the present to grow it! Mine has just reached its terminal length and I'm 55! I decided it's now or never and i don't care what anybody thinks, I want long hair for growing old
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Welcome here!
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Briar.Rose View Post
    Hi everybody I am here for support I want to go out my already long hair too extremely long I want it to be classic length and I’m not sure if that’s possible. I have my longest layer at my tailbone now also I am getting older and I feel like there’s a lot of pressure to have short hair as you get older
    I am almost 48. Look at my signature. That's only from the last decade or so. But I went, was able to get, back to my childhood (teen) hair. HTH. Maybe it gives you a little bit of courage. It's not impossible, especially not if it's TBL (tailbone length) already. Good luck & happy growing, oh and welcome to our little corner of the web!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    33/33/41
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Your hair is so beautiful, I’m turning 30 my hair recently started to go wavy, it was pin straight my whole life loving the volume, not loving comments about my frizz even after trimming, did you do trimming yourself or dusting the split ends? I’m researching wavy hair types, It’s fun but there is so much information,

Length
    33/33/41
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    Welcome here! If you want longer hair as you get older, there's no time like the present to grow it! Mine has just reached its terminal length and I'm 55! I decided it's now or never and i don't care what anybody thinks, I want long hair for growing old
    Thankyou, I’m so excited but nervous I know people will comment on my appearance, I don’t want to just look like everyone else my hair just recently turned wavy was straight my whole life, I’m about to turn 30 I love the volume, But it goes wild so easily. I like styling my hair but I feel like I have so much to learn still I love your waves was your hair always wavy?

Length
    33/33/41
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    Howdy, nice to meet you : D You're already very close to classic length, and there are plenty of folks on here who didn't start growing out their hair until they were older. I think you can do it!
    Thanks I think the main thing is I can’t let other people cut my hair, no trust lol, I also need to stop worrying so much what people think. My goodness I’m so excited for it to grow! I feel like it grows so much slower between waist length and tailbone length wondering how many months Or even years it will take, I guess it’s different for everyone?

Length
    BSL/CL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Briar.Rose View Post
    I don’t want to just look like everyone else
    Welcome! I relate with this, as I think many here do. You will fit right in.

And I have found this community to be a great place to get support in growing hair very long, even if people around you might not understand. We do.

For growing length, I think that's dependent on the person. I've heard hair can grow around 6" per year. Some have slower growth, and it can also be affected by health and gentle hair care.
    You are a beautiful creation! Psalm 139