Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In the news / bad allergic reaction to hair dye

Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: In the news / bad allergic reaction to hair dye

Quote Originally Posted by Joules View Post
    Several of Mom's friends also have allergic reactions to hair dye, one of them is a nurse and she even keeps epipens in her cabinet because her allergy is that bad. None of them even consider going naturally silver of course. Apparently almost dying once or twice a month is better than having gray hair.
    I'm still laughing, although it is no laughing matter! What people do for beauty and to hold on for dear life to their youthfulness (me included).

Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by leayellena View Post
    Is it the same article revived from years ago?
    anyway... thx for sharing. the things we do for beauty though...
    Nope...just got this from the news this past week. No regurgitations ever from me.

Length
    ShgLp/Bcl/term?
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by UngracefulAging View Post
    Nope...just got this from the news this past week. No regurgitations ever from me.
    I mean no insult, I'm sorry
    I mean I saw something similar years ago when I still vented without an account on lhc. my reaction was ew! thank God I wasn't forced to dye my hair
    Well I don't have [volume on the] crown because I'm not a queen.

The land of vodka, bears and perpetual winter
    Length
    APL/Class/TERM
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    For sure, and considering how unnatural it is to bring all this stuff to skin contact, it's weird that it would even need to be considered an "allergy". I mean, it's completely normal that harsh chemicals cause nasty reactions on living tissue such as human skin! We're not "allergic to battery acid" either, it's just straight-up pretty bad stuff and it's more unusual if you are fine with it. Same with hair dyes, I suppose. Even if you don't get any visible symptoms, I'm pretty sure no one's skin is enjoying it.
    This is the perfect analogy! I'm gonna be telling it to anyone who ever talks to me about hair dye
    APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ CL ~ TERM
    Growing out henna since November 1st, 2018

I'll be honest I rarely ever patch test anything I use but hear me out, I do not have allergies or skin sensitivities. However, if something did happen to me I'd only have myself to blame. I only recently gave up hair dye myself & I've been dying my hair since I was 15 with the cheap at home 'crap' from a variety of brands. I've always had beautiful results without it ever causing an allergic reaction. Maybe I've been lucky or maybe some people are more prone to these types of reactions.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Volchitsa View Post
    I'll be honest I rarely ever patch test anything I use but hear me out, I do not have allergies or skin sensitivities. However, if something did happen to me I'd only have myself to blame. I only recently gave up hair dye myself & I've been dying my hair since I was 15 with the cheap at home 'crap' from a variety of brands. I've always had beautiful results without it ever causing an allergic reaction. Maybe I've been lucky or maybe some people are more prone to these types of reactions.
    Honestly? You never know when something like this can happen, and it can just out of the blue happen to anyone. Even if you're not sensitive to anything at all. That's why usually they do recommend you patch test. But even then, it can still happen!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)