Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ACV rinse

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: ACV rinse

I think I used to use 1 tablespoon to a liter. Same with lemon rinses. The lemon rinse was nice (but not magical), but not the vinegar one (did 0). YMMV. I would dilute it massively, though.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    4.7/22/26
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I put it in a spray bottle. I'm still experimenting with the amount of acv, but I get great results with low amounts already. I have the acv bottle in my shower and I just fill the bottle there. Then I put it under the stream to fill it with water.
    Most of the times I use only a cap/tablespoon amount, which is probably 2-5 ml? The bottle itself is 250 ml.

I apply it on my scalp, massage it in, apply it on my lengths and if I have some left I open the bottle and pour it over my hair. I let it sit for a while then rinse (sometimes with cold water).

When I don't use it I can really notice. So I'm always including it whenever I shower.

CL/SL/CBL/APL/BSL/WAIST

Length
    28/39/44
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Shiranshoku View Post
    Would you consider it a bothersome process? I've thought about trying a hair rinse, but it seems like such a hassle to me!
    I do citric acid rinses rather than ACV rinses because of the smell, but I don't find it bothersome at all. I use a wide-brimmed mason jar; I dump 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of CA into the bottom of the jar, fit it to the top with cool water, stir it around with a spoon, and then bring it with me into the shower.

Since I use a shampoo bar, I personally use the rinse right after shampooing but before conditioning. I dip, swirl, and soak my ends in the rinse, then pour it over my head so it gets to the scalp, and then let it sit for a minute or so (usually while I shave my legs or something) before applying conditioner directly overtop (i.e., without rinsing out the CA rinse first). ACV was a better conditioner/detangler for me, but CA leaves my hair very soft and shiny!
    MBL | WL | HL | TBL | HL | TBL | CLSSC(?)

Length
    CBL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I did a rinse again yesterday, with a stronger mixture. I didn't really see a difference last night, but I rush-blow dryed it right before getting to bed. And this morning I had to get up very early and just barely had time to put my hair in a french rope braid. So I haven't really had much time to examine it.

Even after my hair started improving lots this spring, I still felt like there was something wrong with it. It would feel soft, but also always a bit frizzy. It was kinda floaty when it was loose, and never really had any shine (the shine it shows in pictures aren't much there in RL). I've studied the hair of the girls around me in RL and, this is difficult to explain because it's very diffuse, they hair always seemed more "real", like it had more weight to each strand (even those who has thinner or finer hair than mine), it had shine and seemed very silky, even those I could see have some damage, their hair just had a bit more "oomph". Yeah it's very hard to explain Mine has looked and felt a bit frizzy always, even when it isn't. And it feels thin, like I know my strands are medium, but when I just stroke a hand over my hair they feel thin, like they have very little substance and most of that substance is the ever-present slight frizz.

Today though I actually have some proper shine, and although it's been SUPER windy and my wispies have been thrown all over the place, and I at one point took down my french braid and went out in the wind before I had time to put it up into a LWB so it became very tangled, it feels silkier, smoother and like it has more weight/substance. So I absolutley think ACV rinses works for me!

June 2018: Big chop
    CBL - APL - BSL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TBL